forum

[Archived] Problem with tablet after monitor switch.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
pingal1ty
Problem details: I changed my monitor from a 4:3 with 1024x768 resolution to a new LCD 144hz 24" 1080p and now I can't aim. I tried hundreds or maybe thousands of combinations to get my tablet to work back how it was then and it is not possible. I also suffer now a problem that I can't read AR9 properly and I speed up and start missing and can't recover, so I started playing HR, something I couldn't do on my old monitor, however the problem with the tablet setting is what most worries me, I switched monitor in April 2019, its August almost September, its not like I am not having patience but its been MONTHS without able to FC any map that is not ultra easy. Please anyone could help me? My tablet its a Wacom CTH-460 (same as wubwoofwolf but with touch functions) and no matter how much I tried to change this and that, impossible to get my sens back. Plugin the old monitor its not a choice btw.

Video or screenshot showing the problem: No screens.

osu! version: Stable 20190816 (latest)
Death
What area were you using before and what area are you using now?
Topic Starter
pingal1ty
@Death I have tons of files I saved with different areas. When I changed my monitor I first of all saved the area I was playing with, so inmediatelly after changing monitor I was using exactly the same, it only changed the aspect ratio, which makes the area different since I use the "force proportion" option. then well I tried to make the area the same by hand and it is impossible, I tried making the area a square like it was back before (4:3 looks like a square, while 16:9 obviously looks more like a rectangle) instead of a rectangle, then I tried just everything possible for me, making the game letterbox @ 1024x768 and loading the old area and see what happens, seems like the wacom software does still make the area a rectangle, even when I did choice the part of the monitor I was to control (which matches perfectly the letterboxed or windowed osu game) it did still make the area a rectangle, then I tried to manually do again a square, and I am still battleing today to make it work. Another thing I noticed is, with my old monitor I could move the cursor more freely without missing, but on new monitor the slightiest involuntary movement with my hands (for example when you have momentum and do a series of jumps in triangle patterns or typical 1-2 1-2 that goes from left to right) it does end up in unprecise results and the cursor does move quite a lot while when just tracking normally I'm feeling like the speed is not enough. I just can't find that sweetspot I was used to play and it becomes ultra frustrating because I can't keep progressing anymore, I was very happy the first day when I received the monitor and saw that I was able to play HR finally... but then after I got frustrated because its impossible to recover my skills, I can even show you some youtube clips of what I was capable of playing (its not like im super pro you know, but when you can make the FC on marathons that last long for 10 even 15 minutes and feel super consistent, then try the same with new monitor and see you can't even keep 200 combo, guess you get me). I really dunno what else to do, I suppose pixel density on monitor and DPI on tablet has something to do with all this mess, apart from the aspect ratio issue, which is wacom's fault on that side I guess, since I am choosing to play an area of my monitor that looks like a square, why would they do on force aspect ratio to keep it 16:9 if you're trying to play 4:3 ? At most I could be sending you the wacom setting file and see if we find a solution on how to translate that old 4:3 area (I was using force proportions tho with old monitor, so its not exactly as it will display when loading it, yeah) into the new monitor without making it 16:9 or something, as when it converts to 16:9 I just found out the up/down movement is waaaay too fast and unstable enough to keep missing sliders and even circles, while the left/right setting is too slow to jump from one side of the screen to the other. Damn I really love my new monitor but it kinda sucks to not be able to play osu as before.
Topic Starter
pingal1ty

Death wrote:

What area were you using before and what area are you using now?
read up T_T
Death
I read it when you posted it, not sure what to tell you.
Topic Starter
pingal1ty

Death wrote:

I read it when you posted it, not sure what to tell you.

Well now I found an area that is shaped like rectangle and by setting sensitivity to 1.1 or something it feels similar to what it was with old monitor, its not exact same but at least I can track with the pen and I can also do some snap, but I know for sure it will never be the same it was.