forum

How to get rid of a negative mindset?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
MrSparklepants
Ok, so this might be a common question, but recently I've had a mindset of "if I miss even a single note on a map I'm a bad player" I know that I'm improving, but every time I miss a note I beat myself up about it and just quit the map, and this has caused me to start to become inconsistent on how I play, and it's just an endless cycle of beating myself up while becoming more inconsistent, if you have any tips on how to get out of this mindset please tell me.
abraker
stop playing for FC and play for acc. This way you are still going for improvement without the unnecessary pressure.
Juuuuuuuuul
gman
You'll have to change the way you approach the game. Basically, you shouldn't have any expectations whenever you launch it, as not meeting them will start frustrating you more and more until you end up developing a negative mindset. Whenever you get a 100, miss or even fail, you shouldn't take it personally. Instead, think of them as signs that show what you're lacking in the game, so you could go and improve on your weaknesses. Remember that consistently FC-ing every map you touch is impossible to do, no matter who you are and how good at the game you are.
Almost
You've built yourself into a really bad habit and it takes time and a lot of effort to get out of something like that. You should probably take a break from the game and come back a month or 2 later to try tackle the problem.
dung eater
Play for gameplay and not account stats. Don't play just because you want a result, play because you want to play the map better.