Total Posts
Topic Starter
xTj
Problem details: A fatal error occurred when trying to submit this score
What can I do? :(

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: Stable 20190816 (latest)
Death
If you have compatibility mode enabled, try disabling it to see if that makes a difference. Otherwise you have 2 options.

The skin you are using has super large animations in it for the menu-back, play-skip, and probably other things that I'm forgetting, which seems to cause this issue for people on low-mid tier machines. You can either try removing those elements altogether, or, switch to a different skin that doesn't have a ton of animations.

Unfortunately, you will need to try and redo the score you took a picture of in this post though.
Merami Fox
im not even using captaibility mode, i use rustbell skin, has no animations whatsoever, unless instafade causes a problem then its server end, I have the same problem, can i please get an explanation on my end. it just says fatel error once the beatmap end, instant if that helps

for refrence it actually worked yesterday
Death

I dont hd wrote:

im not even using captaibility mode, i use rustbell skin, has no animations whatsoever, unless instafade causes a problem then its server end, I have the same problem, can i please get an explanation on my end. it just says fatel error once the beatmap end, instant if that helps

for refrence it actually worked yesterday
Tried restarting your computer? Close other programs you don't need to have running in the background while playing. Reinstall your graphics drivers if that doesn't work.
Merami Fox
im not the only one with the problem,but i guess ill do that
Topic Starter
xTj

Death wrote:

If you have compatibility mode enabled, try disabling it to see if that makes a difference. Otherwise you have 2 options.

The skin you are using has super large animations in it for the menu-back, play-skip, and probably other things that I'm forgetting, which seems to cause this issue for people on low-mid tier machines. You can either try removing those elements altogether, or, switch to a different skin that doesn't have a ton of animations.

Unfortunately, you will need to try and redo the score you took a picture of in this post though.

Thanks!
My skin doens't have large animations, etc, and my pc runs osu in in 240fps+ when i'm playing
My question was about the score :c
I'll try it again :D
YourSandwich
on my laptop i have exactly the same problem with Compatibility Mode on, it sometimes works when i reinstall my skin or play on the default one. Without the Compatibility Mode it works but becaus of ducking nvidia optimus i have input lag 3x higher so i can't play.
I also play osu with fullscreen oprimalisation off because when its on i have 240fps cap.

And soething wired happening with all of my skins like this, also osu crashed 3 times today the first time in 3 years. The same in Osu Stable and Cutting edge!

Death

xTj wrote:

Thanks!
My skin doens't have large animations, etc, and my pc runs osu in in 240fps+ when i'm playing
I have the skin that you were using in your picture. It has a ton of animations in it. Many other people have had this exact same issue, using the exact same skin. Did you actually check your skin folder, or...?

Srayer wrote:

...text...
The same thing applies to you. I don't know exactly which skin that is, but I've seen it before. Compatibility mode and super high quality skins with animations don't work well together for many people.
YourSandwich

Death wrote:

xTj wrote:

Thanks!
I have the skin that you were using in your picture. It has a ton of animations in it. Many other people have had this exact same issue, using the exact same skin. Did you actually check your skin folder, or...?

Srayer wrote:

...text...
The same thing applies to you. I don't know exactly which skin that is, but I've seen it before. Compatibility mode and super high quality skins with animations don't work well together for many people.

Yeah i just showed this skin to show that i also exparience some wired graphic glitched but the ubmiting Problem also appear on Yugen skin or even the default one. And 1month ago i never had simillar problems whatever skin i choosed.
Death

Srayer wrote:

Death wrote:

xTj wrote:

Thanks!

Srayer wrote:

...text...

Yeah i just showed this skin to show that i also exparience some wired graphic glitched but the ubmiting Problem also appear on Yugen skin or even the default one. And 1month ago i never had simillar problems whatever skin i choosed.
Try reinstalling your graphics drivers and close any other applications you don't need to have open while playing.
YourSandwich

Death wrote:

Srayer wrote:

Death wrote:

xTj wrote:

Thanks!

Srayer wrote:

...text...

Try reinstalling your graphics drivers and close any other applications you don't need to have open while playing.

I have reinstall even my Windows twice, the problem does not appear on linux but linux sucks for osu. Old Nvidia drivers does not work to. After reinstalling osu it works for 2 maps maybe and the Problem comes back again :(
Fatal3ty
Try one low quality skin (without hd elements and animation). Will that same issue with default or high quality skin?

Disable Background Video and Storyboard for the test.
YourSandwich

Fatal3ty wrote:

Try one low quality skin (without hd elements and animation). Will that same issue with default or high quality skin?

Thanks, I always have Background and Storyboard disabled :)
And i tried multiple skins defualt, rafis, vaxei, sotarks. Some of them works for 1-3 maps and then starts to glitch and the fatal submitting error appears :O
Fatal3ty

Srayer wrote:

Fatal3ty wrote:

And i tried multiple skins defualt, rafis, vaxei, sotarks. Some of them works for 1-3 maps and then starts to glitch and the fatal submitting error appears :O
Sotarks and new Rafis Skin have a huge animations and oversized textures. Have you try reatart osu after skin change (restart cleared osu! cache)?

Skin Change (huge skin to default or small skins) without reatart osu cant fix a issue.
YourSandwich

Fatal3ty wrote:

Srayer wrote:

Fatal3ty wrote:

Sotarks and new Rafis Skin have a huge animations and oversized textures. Have you try reatart osu after skin change (restart cleared osu! cache)?

Skin Change (huge skin to default or small skins) without reatart osu cant fix a issue.

I just ment that i tested multiple skins and i ment the old rafis skin i also tedted default skin like wroten before and reinstalled osu twice. And restarted osu like 100times on off on off on off xD
Death
I've encountered people who have had this issue without using some of the commonly offending skins, like the ones Fatal3ty mentioned. It likely has to do with some compatibility mode overhead issue and lower end PCs or NVIDIA laptops (you said it yourself, optimus sucks).

After you get one of these error messages to appear in game, before restarting, open your osu!\Logs folder and find the "runtime.log". Send that file here. You can also take a look at it yourself, just edit it in notepad. There is a very high chance that you have some Out Of Memory exception logged in that file (assuming this error still gets logged, it's been a while).

I really doubt that reinstalling the game or restarting is going to help you anymore. Probably the only thing that will help you is what I've mentioned in my previous posts.
YourSandwich

Death wrote:

I've encountered people who have had this issue without using some of the commonly offending skins, like the ones Fatal3ty mentioned. It likely has to do with some compatibility mode overhead issue and lower end PCs or NVIDIA laptops (you said it yourself, optimus sucks).

After you get one of these error messages to appear in game, before restarting, open your osu!\Logs folder and find the "runtime.log". Send that file here. You can also take a look at it yourself, just edit it in notepad. There is a very high chance that you have some Out Of Memory exception logged in that file (assuming this error still gets logged, it's been a while).

I really doubt that reinstalling the game or restarting is going to help you anymore. Probably the only thing that will help you is what I've mentioned in my previous posts.

I have a decent laptop with gtx 1050ti and 16gb ram modern i5 6core. the problem is probably this crappy nvidia optimus, it work this way that your desktop runs on intel graphics and the applications and games are rendered trough decent graphics and this just sucks, but
i just installed linux and the problems are gone and my fps jumped from ~500 to ~2000. That what hurts me is that i dont know why it worked the past 1.5years and suddenly stoped. Maybe again one of this stupid windows updates what destroys everything and i unfortunetly didnt reqd the log file. Thank you for your Support!!!

I did a dual boot installed osu and had this issue again, i found in the runtime file a System.OutOfMemoryExceptation error like you said, i just dont know how the hell this is possible. And the most funny thing is that i just changed the Language to english and all the problems are gone ?¿?¿?
maybe it have something to do with the german font?

Update: The fatal error is back, i give it up now, hopefully i have an pc.