forum

Im not getting any better how do i play for fun?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
skyshadow115
idk how longs its been since i could actully fc or have a decent combo on maps but im just so mindblocked on having any chance of imnproving becuase my im not getting more pp because im not fcing witch means im trash and my rank wont move cuz if you are not perfect and cant fc 99% every map you are litterly nothing and you wont get pp so other then just playing relax witch i do a lot but it feels pointless becuase i get litterly nothing from it other then it makes me feel a bit better cuz it looks cool but it dosent matter its not saved its not immpresive cuz anyone can play relax its easy i also have no friends to play the game with so cant play with friends for fun i just dont see a way of having fun without playing for pp and playing to climb and get better but thats just impossible for me my rythm sense is nowhere near good enough to even get to 5 digit i have 0 timing and there is no fixing it i cant acc i cant combo i can pass barely with shiity combos what do i go back to play 2 star maps cuz its the only thing i can fc apperntly and even that gets me nervous cuz if i shitmiss on a 2 star map then wtf are my even
Kasumi-sama
are we really out there in 2019 getting people asking how to play for fun
Kyomaku
Can you not troll someone who is clearly being very frustrated.

On topic:
Judging from your profile, you are likely playing maps that are too difficult. This seems to be such a common mistake, so many threads and always the same answer. Osu is heavily based on being able to read the map, and playing maps that are too hard builds bad habits and messes up your reading, starting to play lower AR and easier maps can help you fix that, relearning how to properly read maps. Don't worry about shitmissing on low star maps, I shitmiss there, too, doesn't bother me tho. What I focus on is how the "feeling" of playing changes. You'll notice that you feel more comfortable doing certain movements or pressing certain patterns etc, you'll feel your improvement, even if results aren't showing it, yet. That's what I'd suggest focusing on, not the results, but the feeling.

Also, don't play short farm maps (if it's only for PP). PP comes naturally as you get better. If you feel like you significantly improved, feel free to go nuts on a few maps and set some scores, but don't try to force it too heavily, it just frustrates you imo.
Juuuuuuuuul
Some things may help you to have fun playing this game :

New maps,
check the qualified section every day, play and share feedback.

Old maps.
Download and play old maps, see mapping evolution, some very old stuff are interresting and fun.

Mapping,
i see that you have a map in graveyard, maybe try a bit more.

Skinning,
not only making them, looking for new skins and testing them may be fun as well.

Multiplayer,
make friends, share maps, and discuss about the game while playing. (my personal fav, half my playtime is done here)

Goals,
that are not pp, some achievements/medals are fun to do.

- Have fun.
MrSparklepants
You can always try playing EZ, HT, or EZHT for fun, it's what I do whenever I get frustrated.
jyggbuns
try messing around in lobbies, perhaps? * v* received a crash course/introduction to tech maps that way~
UnnamedBeast
learn more skills than just the aim pp skill
Topic Starter
skyshadow115

Kyomaku wrote:

Can you not troll someone who is clearly being very frustrated.

On topic:
Judging from your profile, you are likely playing maps that are too difficult. This seems to be such a common mistake, so many threads and always the same answer. Osu is heavily based on being able to read the map, and playing maps that are too hard builds bad habits and messes up your reading, starting to play lower AR and easier maps can help you fix that, relearning how to properly read maps. Don't worry about shitmissing on low star maps, I shitmiss there, too, doesn't bother me tho. What I focus on is how the "feeling" of playing changes. You'll notice that you feel more comfortable doing certain movements or pressing certain patterns etc, you'll feel your improvement, even if results aren't showing it, yet. That's what I'd suggest focusing on, not the results, but the feeling.

Also, don't play short farm maps (if it's only for PP). PP comes naturally as you get better. If you feel like you significantly improved, feel free to go nuts on a few maps and set some scores, but don't try to force it too heavily, it just frustrates you imo.

easier maps are too slow for me tho i allways overaim or go to fast and its not fun and even if i do fc i dont get any pp for it im mostly trying to do 4 star maps and have been for a long time now 3 star maps feels too slow anything below ar9 i cant read because its slow like i play 3 star maps with dt and thats playable but then i get shit combos still or shitmiss
7ambda
follow my approach and you'll never be frustrated again!

Kyomaku

skyshadow115 wrote:

easier maps are too slow for me tho i allways overaim or go to fast and its not fun and even if i do fc i dont get any pp for it im mostly trying to do 4 star maps and have been for a long time now 3 star maps feels too slow anything below ar9 i cant read because its slow like i play 3 star maps with dt and thats playable but then i get shit combos still or shitmiss

That's exactly the point and why you should play them. They're NOT easy for you, they're hard for you, because you can't read them and have zero control. Play them so you learn control and reading them. You can't read below AR9, because you don't know how to read, yet, it's not because it's too slow, your brain just can't comprehend what's going on because so much is happening. Work on it if you want to improve.

Also, stop caring about PP and think about how you can get better, PP reflects your skill, so if you want to get PP, think about how to get better. I'm pretty sure you can get better.

Edit: Most of the improvement happens overnight, during your sleep. Make sure to sleep well. On the day itself, just keep practicing and stop worrying, even if you don't feel improvement on that day, after sleeping, you will notice differences.