forum

The Checkers - Julia ni Heartbreak

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Torran
Thanks all for replying. I'll see what I can do about the problems.

@james039: When I made an H.264 file, it was 15 MB and its bitrate was the same as the DivX one.

@YoshiKart: Two notches is a bit much, the circles all start overlapping each other, one notch should be enough. The countdown is actually pretty authentic since I have a reference to compare to. About the video, hopefully I make a better storyboard to cover it up.
FurukawaPan
Choose a bitrate of ~240kbps. Use a resolution of 320x240 so it will not waste space and look less crappy. I have had good results with these parameters and generated 4MB files. I only recompressed your video however, I could post them if you like. I use a program called MediaCoder to do the conversions.
Topic Starter
Torran
No need, I'll be making new ones from scratch :) .

Edit: All Done!
Zekira
167.00000000 BPM Flat. With the extra .015 you put, it kind of gets off-beat later after the first chorus, then more off-beat as the song ends...

Offset 6116... *need someone to confirm this since I'm obtaining a lot of offsets that are so far apart from each other for this song -- awp? We need your offset powers this time*.

...though the BPM change means you'll have to do some fixes on the storyboard :(

I'll star this because it's authentic AND well made.I want this ranked ASAP. I love authentic maps.
Topic Starter
Torran

Zekira wrote:

Offset 6116... *need someone to confirm this since I'm obtaining a lot of offsets that are so far apart from each other for this song -- awp? We need your offset powers this time*.
I have a feeling that the offset is too late.
Edit: The offset seems to work for me so I'll go ahead and revise the storyboard.
Edit2: I'm really unsure of the timing now.
Edit3: The offset is now 6110.
Andrea
[Timing]

Offset and BPM looks fine.

[Overall]

Maybe you can add +2 overall difficulty on easy.

[Easy]

01:25:21 (2) - 1 square to the right.

[Normal]

Fine.

[Hard]

Fine.

[Insane]

HP Drain is too high imo.

Fine anyway.
0_o
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Armin
Awesome beatmap ^_^
Starred ~
XepherX3
[Timing]

offset is ok

Bpm = 166,98 (change to this scale don't snap)

the way it is now feels/hears late somehow

starred anyway
Topic Starter
Torran

x3ns0r wrote:

[Timing]
Bpm = 166,98 (change to this scale don't snap)

the way it is now feels/hears late somehow
Sorry but I'm gonna have to disagree. Which difficulty are you using for timing? I'm using Insane and I'm still getting 2ms early.
SuzumiyaKyon
I just downloaded the latest copy, but what happened to the dancing in Easy, Normal, and Hard? It's there in Insane, but the others are missing. Just wondering. But I like it still, so it's getting a star.
Topic Starter
Torran

SuzumiyaKyon wrote:

I just downloaded the latest copy, but what happened to the dancing in Easy, Normal, and Hard? It's there in Insane, but the others are missing. Just wondering.
For a number of reasons:
1. To decrease download size
2. It takes a lot of time to create a "perfect" video
3. osu! is currently developing dancers
4. Insane was kept because its dancers did the most movements in 5MB
Gens
zomg When will you finish the storyboard? Can't wait, looks awesome.

So, a few tips:

- You may want to add all the custom Ouendan 2 hitsounds, not only the whistle.
- Dancers? C'mon, you can take them out, there won't be any problem... Automated osu! dancers are on the way, but they won't be customizable, I think... Anyway, this is osu!, not Ouendan 2...
- There is some skin stuff in folder? I don't see this necessary, you already forced the Ouendan 2 skin. :D

Gogo! Everyone loves authentics.
Topic Starter
Torran

Gens wrote:

zomg When will you finish the storyboard? Can't wait, looks awesome. Unfortunately, I won't finish it due to lack of motivation :| but anyone who wants to can :) .

So, a few tips:

- You may want to add all the custom Ouendan 2 hitsounds, not only the whistle. Huh :?: ...I thought I killed that whistle...
- Dancers? C'mon, you can take them out, there won't be any problem... Automated osu! dancers are on the way, but they won't be customizable, I think... Anyway, this is osu!, not Ouendan 2... I know and I will, that is once I see these so-called dancers in action myself ;) .
- There is some skin stuff in folder? I don't see this necessary, you already forced the Ouendan 2 skin. :D As you said, I'm an authentic freak and so I noticed that ouendan2 skin's arrow was pointing the wrong way and that its slidertick was too small so I included my own little fixes.

Gogo! Everyone loves authentics.
tieff
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Kytoxid
I went through all the difficulties, and then went through them again with videos on YouTube, and didn't find any issues, so have a star. :)
Lokamp
... As perfect as seen on Ouendan 2... Good job! (and good luck for the storyboard ;3)

P.S. : Remember to set the Ouendan 2 skin as preferred skin of the song... Go on Song setup, Storyboarding section and set the Ouendan skin ^^
Topic Starter
Torran
DJPop
- Voices seem to be a bit late.
- Set the preferred skin to "ouendan2".

~Easy~
00:23:42 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2) - hitclaps
00:37:79 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2) - ^
01:09:05 (2) - not centered
01:20:55 (2) - ^
01:48:21 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2) - hitclaps
02:19:47 (2) - not centered
02:30:96 (2) - ^

~Normal~
00:23:42 (1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3) - hitclaps
00:37:79 (1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3) - ^
01:21:98 (5) - move left a bit
01:48:21 (1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3) - hitclaps
01:56:47 (1) - start and end are not on the same level
02:22:34 (1) - offscreen
02:28:09 (3) - too much offscreen if play with Hard Rock mod
02:32:40 (5) - move right a bit

~Hard~
01:14:80 (3) - not centered
01:25:93 (9) - hitwhistle at start
02:36:35 (9) - ^

~Insane~
01:14:80 (3) - not centered
01:25:93 (9) - hitwhistle at start
02:36:35 (9) - ^

+Star
ouranhshc
Topic Starter
Torran
Thanks again for modding!

ouranhshc wrote:

overall - like dj pop stated, some of the voices sound late.
I know but there isn't much I can do about it, that's just how osu! handles sound events right now.
Lissette
i cant open this map, can you full-submit plz?
Topic Starter
Torran
Lissette

soradg123 wrote:

Lissette wrote:

i cant open this map, can you full-submit plz?
OK...done!
doesn't work -_-a
and when i tried to enter, my osu crashed

Topic Starter
Torran
Strange...Perhaps it is a problem at your end?
Topic Starter
Torran
OK, I think I know the problem; something having to do with the name of the mp3 being capital and having spaces. I re-uploaded it with a lowercase name with no spaces in-between. Try re-downloading it again.
Lissette
Topic Starter
Torran
kino77
Map was good and nothing found~

Overall:
00:45:70-Make the black BG pic appeared here~
00:56:30-Make the black BG pic disappeared here~
01:40:85-^
02:06:54-Make the black BG pic appeared here~
02:14:62-Make the black BG pic disappeared here~
The hitsound~Check this~http://osu.ppy.sh/s/5182

Star~
Mismagius
Nothing found, sorry :(

Here is a star(ite olololol) for you. :3
jericho2442
you need to end the kai time at the end of each map

[Hard]

01:05:046 (1,2,3) - make it so it looks like these are going to each other, atm (1,2) dont look like they are going to (3) so line (2) up so that it makes a a perfect line from (1) to (3) it looks much better that way
02:27:037 (1,2,3) - ^

[Insane]
02:15:087 (1,2,3) - as with what i said in hard, make these line up better

______________________________________-
very nice maps, great job :) ima star this now
Diasios
I love it *w*

starred~
Leorda
No Problem here
Star!
No storyboard? Are you lazy to make a storyoard or can't make the storyboard?
Topic Starter
Torran

Leorda wrote:

No storyboard? Are you lazy to make a storyoard or can't make the storyboard?
A bit of both. I blame school for discontinuing storyboard production.
Hanyuu
Topic Starter
Torran
Teara
Nice~ Absolutely no problems found.
Tanmak
Hello~

[Easy]
02:30:251 (1) Use '1huh.wav.'

[Hard]
02:02:047 (3) No use '4tuh.wav'

Another difficulty... I can't find problem..

However, I don't like sound effection '1huh.wav'. This sound hears like barking dog. :(
So, I arranged and upload this wave file. That sound still not enough...but more male sound than old. :lol:
Or you can change this another wave file. This is your choice.

Starred. :)
p.s.: I like Insane about effection sound~

Download: 1huh.zip
Sure
[Easy] & [Normal]
Fine

[Hard] & [Insane]
Put timing point right on note is no good when audio sample set changing.
If player click the beat a little bit fast, it makes weird sound.
It is not applied at return point of slider, end of slider and end of spinner.
Just applied at start of slider and circle.

example>
01:12:466 - This is OK
01:13:185 - move foward 1/4 tick (at 01:13:095)

more exist.. but I don't point anymore.

Nice map! star~☆ :D
Dusty
*starred.

Difficulty names: [Kigaru ni Ouen]/[Kakan ni Ouen]/[Gekiretsu ni Ouen]/[Karei ni Ouen]?

(I can't really mod too much on an authentic, sorry.)
show more