forum

The Checkers - Julia ni Heartbreak

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Torran
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Saturday, January 09, 2010 at 5:24:32 PM

Artist: The Checkers
Title: Julia ni Heartbreak
Source: Moero! Nekketsu Rhythm Damashii Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan 2
Tags: authentic shoshin shoushin ouendan cover
BPM: 167
Filesize: 5115kb
Play Time: 02:38
Difficulties Available:
  1. Gekiretsu ni Ouen (4.25 stars, 223 notes)
  2. Kakan ni Ouen (2.12 stars, 158 notes)
  3. Karei ni Ouen (4.55 stars, 246 notes)
  4. Kigaru ni Ouen (0.59 stars, 101 notes)
Download: The Checkers - Julia ni Heartbreak
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Authentic Ouendan 2 Beatmap
Overall Authenticity: 50%
[100%] Mapped using video overlay
[1%] Countdown

Edit 05/13/09 - Thanks Zekira, changed BPM and offset.
Edit 06/07/09 - Thanks osuplayer, fixed Easy and tweaked difficulty settings.
Edit 07/29/09 - Thanks tieff, balanced spacing issues.
Edit 10/31/09 - Thanks DJPop, many fixes here and there. Happy Halloween!
Edit 11/04/09 - Thanks kino77, for suggesting custom hitsounds.
Edit 11/10/09 - Thanks jericho2442, added kiai time ending at the end of the map.
Edit 11/21/09 - Thanks ykcarrot, moved timing points to more appropriate locations.
Edit 11/24/09 - Thanks Dusty, changed difficulty names.
Edit 12/01/09 - Thanks minyeob, fixed spinner lengths.
Edit 12/05/09 - Thanks m980, fixed a beat placement and adjusted kiai timing placements.
Edit 12/05/09 - Thanks MarioBros777, readjusted a spinner and centered sliders.
Edit 12/20/09 - Thanks again m980, corrected multiple spacing issues and pattern formations.
Edit 01/07/10 - Thanks Ephemeral, added fading to everything.
Edit 01/08/10 - Thanks again MarioBros777, a lotta fixes on Kakan ni Ouen.
Edit 01/08/10 - Thanks again for the second time MarioBros777! Kigaru ni Ouen fixes by him.
al2e10
Good!!!

~~You is copy??~~
Topic Starter
Torran

al2e10 wrote:

Good!!!

~~You is copy??~~
Uh...do you mean is it authentic cause it is, or at least I try.
FurukawaPan
The filesize of this map is too high. Sadly, I don't think you can use separate videos for each difficulty. Having dancers may be possible in the future, but doing it this way makes the file too large to download.

If you use a low-res, low-bitrate h264 encoding, and can get each file ~5MB, it might be accepted.
YoshiKart
This is pretty neat! My only complaints are the circle sizes for Easy through Hard (bump them down two notches), and the countdown is a little bit messy. Also, you can see the health bar at the top in the video filling up. :P
Mmm. Good times with that game.

/me stars.
Topic Starter
Torran
Thanks all for replying. I'll see what I can do about the problems.

@james039: When I made an H.264 file, it was 15 MB and its bitrate was the same as the DivX one.

@YoshiKart: Two notches is a bit much, the circles all start overlapping each other, one notch should be enough. The countdown is actually pretty authentic since I have a reference to compare to. About the video, hopefully I make a better storyboard to cover it up.
FurukawaPan
Choose a bitrate of ~240kbps. Use a resolution of 320x240 so it will not waste space and look less crappy. I have had good results with these parameters and generated 4MB files. I only recompressed your video however, I could post them if you like. I use a program called MediaCoder to do the conversions.
Topic Starter
Torran
No need, I'll be making new ones from scratch :) .

Edit: All Done!
Zekira
167.00000000 BPM Flat. With the extra .015 you put, it kind of gets off-beat later after the first chorus, then more off-beat as the song ends...

Offset 6116... *need someone to confirm this since I'm obtaining a lot of offsets that are so far apart from each other for this song -- awp? We need your offset powers this time*.

...though the BPM change means you'll have to do some fixes on the storyboard :(

I'll star this because it's authentic AND well made.I want this ranked ASAP. I love authentic maps.
Topic Starter
Torran

Zekira wrote:

Offset 6116... *need someone to confirm this since I'm obtaining a lot of offsets that are so far apart from each other for this song -- awp? We need your offset powers this time*.
I have a feeling that the offset is too late.
Edit: The offset seems to work for me so I'll go ahead and revise the storyboard.
Edit2: I'm really unsure of the timing now.
Edit3: The offset is now 6110.
Andrea
[Timing]

Offset and BPM looks fine.

[Overall]

Maybe you can add +2 overall difficulty on easy.

[Easy]

01:25:21 (2) - 1 square to the right.

[Normal]

Fine.

[Hard]

Fine.

[Insane]

HP Drain is too high imo.

Fine anyway.
0_o
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Armin
Awesome beatmap ^_^
Starred ~
XepherX3
[Timing]

offset is ok

Bpm = 166,98 (change to this scale don't snap)

the way it is now feels/hears late somehow

starred anyway
Topic Starter
Torran

x3ns0r wrote:

[Timing]
Bpm = 166,98 (change to this scale don't snap)

the way it is now feels/hears late somehow
Sorry but I'm gonna have to disagree. Which difficulty are you using for timing? I'm using Insane and I'm still getting 2ms early.
SuzumiyaKyon
I just downloaded the latest copy, but what happened to the dancing in Easy, Normal, and Hard? It's there in Insane, but the others are missing. Just wondering. But I like it still, so it's getting a star.
Topic Starter
Torran

SuzumiyaKyon wrote:

I just downloaded the latest copy, but what happened to the dancing in Easy, Normal, and Hard? It's there in Insane, but the others are missing. Just wondering.
For a number of reasons:
1. To decrease download size
2. It takes a lot of time to create a "perfect" video
3. osu! is currently developing dancers
4. Insane was kept because its dancers did the most movements in 5MB
Gens
zomg When will you finish the storyboard? Can't wait, looks awesome.

So, a few tips:

- You may want to add all the custom Ouendan 2 hitsounds, not only the whistle.
- Dancers? C'mon, you can take them out, there won't be any problem... Automated osu! dancers are on the way, but they won't be customizable, I think... Anyway, this is osu!, not Ouendan 2...
- There is some skin stuff in folder? I don't see this necessary, you already forced the Ouendan 2 skin. :D

Gogo! Everyone loves authentics.
Topic Starter
Torran

Gens wrote:

zomg When will you finish the storyboard? Can't wait, looks awesome. Unfortunately, I won't finish it due to lack of motivation :| but anyone who wants to can :) .

So, a few tips:

- You may want to add all the custom Ouendan 2 hitsounds, not only the whistle. Huh :?: ...I thought I killed that whistle...
- Dancers? C'mon, you can take them out, there won't be any problem... Automated osu! dancers are on the way, but they won't be customizable, I think... Anyway, this is osu!, not Ouendan 2... I know and I will, that is once I see these so-called dancers in action myself ;) .
- There is some skin stuff in folder? I don't see this necessary, you already forced the Ouendan 2 skin. :D As you said, I'm an authentic freak and so I noticed that ouendan2 skin's arrow was pointing the wrong way and that its slidertick was too small so I included my own little fixes.

Gogo! Everyone loves authentics.
tieff
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Kytoxid
I went through all the difficulties, and then went through them again with videos on YouTube, and didn't find any issues, so have a star. :)
Lokamp
... As perfect as seen on Ouendan 2... Good job! (and good luck for the storyboard ;3)

P.S. : Remember to set the Ouendan 2 skin as preferred skin of the song... Go on Song setup, Storyboarding section and set the Ouendan skin ^^
Topic Starter
Torran
DJPop
- Voices seem to be a bit late.
- Set the preferred skin to "ouendan2".

~Easy~
00:23:42 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2) - hitclaps
00:37:79 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2) - ^
01:09:05 (2) - not centered
01:20:55 (2) - ^
01:48:21 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2) - hitclaps
02:19:47 (2) - not centered
02:30:96 (2) - ^

~Normal~
00:23:42 (1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3) - hitclaps
00:37:79 (1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3) - ^
01:21:98 (5) - move left a bit
01:48:21 (1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3) - hitclaps
01:56:47 (1) - start and end are not on the same level
02:22:34 (1) - offscreen
02:28:09 (3) - too much offscreen if play with Hard Rock mod
02:32:40 (5) - move right a bit

~Hard~
01:14:80 (3) - not centered
01:25:93 (9) - hitwhistle at start
02:36:35 (9) - ^

~Insane~
01:14:80 (3) - not centered
01:25:93 (9) - hitwhistle at start
02:36:35 (9) - ^

+Star
ouranhshc
show more