forum

Big problem with Overreading.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Pokeling
I play 5-6* maps and usually AR 9.4 the problem is that I've started overreading. I can't really play higher AR(10) maps since my fingers can't keep up and I'll start overaiming, so is there any other way of fixing this than just playing the AR 9.4 maps till' I get used to it or is there any other way? I've started having this problem a while ago and it's really annoying me. As you can probably guess I'm not that good of a player and my consistency isn't great. I want to improve as a player, I use mouse & KB but this problem i just cannot conquer. Please help me with this.
Implojin
Your profile looks like you're playing maps way too hard for you, my dude.

If you're having trouble reading and aiming, guess what? You never learned how to play that AR in the first place.

You should drop down to, like, 4* (or whatever you can 95%+ acc on) and play around there for a while until you get better. Raise the diff slowly when the FCs start to feel too easy. Mashing buttons on difficulties that are way above your ability to read only trains bad habits.
Equbuxu

Implojin wrote:

You should drop down to, like, 4* (or whatever you can 95%+ acc on)

^
Almost
Wtf is "overreading"?? Your problem is you just can't read at all lol.
Kuroni

Almost wrote:

^
Kyomaku
I want to add that you should probably specifically look to play lower star AR 8 maps and avoid anything above AR 8 until you feel comfortable reading it. If the map is too complex, go lower in star difficulty, but maintain the AR and slowly raise star difficulty after your eyes can understand what is happening. That should help you learn to read and beat the mess that high AR caused out of you.
CooIzz
‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍
Topic Starter
Pokeling

Almost wrote:

overreading is when you read the circles too fast causing for inaccuracies like aiming too fast or stuff.
Vuelo Eluko
that's just failing to read or in other words reacting
also no point in touching ar10 maps or being able to play those at your level
[offline player
Try playing hd
It fixed my eye
Vuelo Eluko

thangbui040603 wrote:

eye
Fellow cyclops? Greetings. I was born like this, how about you?
Kuroni

Vuelo Eluko wrote:

Hey you are cyclops? I've been wondering what it feels like playing osu monocularly cuz my right eye has got worse off a bit lately and i thought i could join the club someday.
Vuelo Eluko

Kuroni wrote:

Vuelo Eluko wrote:

Hey you are cyclops? I've been wondering what it feels like playing osu monocularly cuz my right eye has got worse off a bit lately and i thought i could join the club someday.
Well I can't compare it to two eyes, but I do play a small resolution (1024x768) as I assume my field of view is narrower than others. All in all never felt like it held me back though...
[offline player
well that escalated quickly
My grammar identity!
Kuroni

Vuelo Eluko wrote:

Well I can't compare it to two eyes, but I do play a small resolution (1024x768) as I assume my field of view is narrower than others. All in all never felt like it held me back though...

Since you are born with it so i assume it shouldn't be an issue to you. But i've read that people losing one eye later in their life usually have a hard time getting used to it cuz they'll lose much of their depth perception and peripheral vision that they used to have, and also psychological problems. But i think after all it's just a matter of adaptation as long as you don't lose both eyes...
Vuelo Eluko

Kuroni wrote:

Vuelo Eluko wrote:

Since you are born with it so i assume it shouldn't be an issue to you. But i've read that people losing one eye later in their life usually have a hard time getting used to it cuz they'll lose much of their depth perception and peripheral vision that they used to have, and also psychological problems. But i think after all it's just a matter of adaptation as long as you don't lose both eyes...
It's not like I have better depth perception though
I still need to crane my head around like a bird sometimes which I guess sort of simulates having more than one eye because im seeing a scene from multiple locations just not simultaneously...