forum

[Archived] User options aren't immediately clickable

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
MillhioreF
This started happening with the update that introduced mode-based rank display, if I recall... When clicking a user panel you used to be immediately able to select an option, but now it takes half a second or so before you can click... if there's another userpanel below where you click, once you close the user options then the options for that user will pop up instead!
Luna
Yup, incredibly annoying, that lag causes me to open a new user option dialog every single time I try to spectate someone. It's driving me insane u.u
peppy
Could you please state your OS and screen resolution?
Luna
Win7 Professional 64bit
1024x768
This is the lag mentioned here btw
peppy
Can you test this on the test build to see if it has improved for you?
Luna
still happens
peppy
I asked whether it improved, not whether it still happens or not.
Luna
Improved only marginally, if at all
Not really noticable at least
peppy
Can you possibly make a video showing this a few times (using the test build)?
Luna
Here ya go:

Did it only once to save file size for faster upload, the subsequent tries would look exactly the same regardless
peppy
Thanks. Now I want to be jubeat, though :(.

Out of curiosity, what version of IE do you have installed?
Luna
Haha, I'm actually using IE8 alongside FF, please don't judge me xD
(On the normal server, the web-part is displayed fully btw)
Topic Starter
MillhioreF
windows 7 home edition, IE9, 1024x768... tried changing the resolution and it still happened on public

can't test properly on test build, nobody besides me is ingame, just a bunch of irc users D:
peppy
I have updated test build with further optimisations. Please try again. Also, you can use yourself not (your own profile looks the same).

NOTE: Make sure to test more than once. It is likely the first time it loads it will be slow, but any further loads will be faster.
Marcin
Being curious - can't you make XML request for user profile, providing only selected strings, and rendering page on client side, instead of downloading whole profile from web page <with CSS and HTML>? I don't know how you made it, but i think it could eleminate lag.. <or just minimalize it, because user would download less data from page.... or is osu! lagging because of request > response? >
peppy
Please test the latest test build. Inside my VM i get no lag on loading profiles.
Markie
Same issue on the test build for me

Resolution: 1920x1080
Latest version of IE installed.
Topic Starter
MillhioreF
userpage loading is much better on the test build! but the problem is still not solved or adjusted - like I said, though not clearly i guess, it was around before the userpage update...

but I did find something else: if you click on the gap in between user panels (or on a place with no user panels) when you select the option, the bug doesn't occur! both test and public
Topic Starter
MillhioreF
bump! This still occurs as of latest test and public, incredibly annoying...
TheVileOne
I'll BUMP this again if this is both related to profile loading creating delay and if we're discussing whether it allows me to click on the user options buttons before it loads the display. Half the time it doesn't and I have to wait for the user profile display to finally load before I can actually click on any of the options.

Please for people will slow internet connections and bad computer specs, let us disable profile loading.