forum

[Archived] convertion huion area to wacom

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
kurtis-
hello, i recently bought a wacom tablet after using a huion h420 for a few years. i attempted to transfer my area by using a ruler and it worked to some extent. however, due to human error, it's obviously not going to be perfect. so, i was wondering if there is a way to convert these areas accurately preferably not by hand.

if needed, my huion area is

WorkAreaRatio_Left=0.000000
WorkAreaRatio_Right=0.224172
WorkAreaRatio_Top=0.322485
WorkAreaRatio_Bottom=0.710059

Death
Here is something I wrote a year ago: https://osu.ppy.sh/community/forums/posts/6752744

Since you have ratios you will need to convert those to inches (or whatever unit you want, as long as it is consistent) first by measuring your tablet's full area (which you will need to do later anyway), then you can convert them to Wacom's units pretty easily.

In all honesty, there is probably some program or simple script that does this for you if you provide some numbers, but you will need to do some Googling to find it if it exists.
Topic Starter
kurtis-

Death wrote:

Here is something I wrote a year ago: https://osu.ppy.sh/community/forums/posts/6752744

Since you have ratios you will need to convert those to inches (or whatever unit you want, as long as it is consistent) first by measuring your tablet's full area (which you will need to do later anyway), then you can convert them to Wacom's units pretty easily.

In all honesty, there is probably some program or simple script that does this for you if you provide some numbers, but you will need to do some Googling to find it if it exists.

okay, thank you. im very terrible at math but ill try to figure out what you mean.

also, how is this applicable to huion tablets? you say "Let's say the "right" number maxes out at 14,000 and your tablet's width is 6 inches. That's around 2,333.33 counts per inch (14,000 / 6)."

the huion area doesnt use counts to begin with so figuring out the 14,000 in my scenario is impossible
Death
That step is supposed to be done with your Wacom tablet.

If you find the measurement of your Huion area you can then use the number you found from that calculation to find its equivalent in Wacom's counts, which is what you want to end up with.
Topic Starter
kurtis-

Death wrote:

That step is supposed to be done with your Wacom tablet.

If you find the measurement of your Huion area you can then use the number you found from that calculation to find its equivalent in Wacom's counts, which is what you want to end up with.

is there anyway to find the measurement of my huion area without measuring it by hand with a ruler? i tried looking online for a conversion but couldnt find anything
Death
You can use those ratios. Unless Huion is doing something really stupid, or you have force proportions enabled (I think that might cause issues) it's just a ratio of the max width and height, with left and top both being 0 and right and button being 1.

I'll just use millimeters because why not. A google search told me the H420's max play area is 102 x 57mm. The ratio of the width you are using is 0.224, so 0.224 x 102 = 22.848mm. The ratio of the height you are using is 0.388, so 0.388 x 57 = 22.116mm. The offset from the top of the area is 0.322 x 57 = 18.354mm.

Honestly, a lot of people use and really like these custom drivers and they accept mm as input for your area. If you decide to use those, you can just plug in those numbers for the width and height and you're done (check my numbers though to make sure I didn't do anything stupid). Otherwise, you'll need to convert them to that count unit that Wacom uses.
Topic Starter
kurtis-

Death wrote:

You can use those ratios. Unless Huion is doing something really stupid, or you have force proportions enabled (I think that might cause issues) it's just a ratio of the max width and height, with left and top both being 0 and right and button being 1.

I'll just use millimeters because why not. A google search told me the H420's max play area is 102 x 57mm. The ratio of the width you are using is 0.224, so 0.224 x 102 = 22.848mm. The ratio of the height you are using is 0.388, so 0.388 x 57 = 22.116mm. The offset from the top of the area is 0.322 x 57 = 18.354mm.

Honestly, a lot of people use and really like these custom drivers and they accept mm as input for your area. If you decide to use those, you can just plug in those numbers for the width and height and you're done (check my numbers though to make sure I didn't do anything stupid). Otherwise, you'll need to convert them to that count unit that Wacom uses.

alright, thank you. just a question, where did you get the 3.88 from?

if your numbers are correct, i just plug it into the driver like this?

Death
The 0.388? That is the difference between the top and bottom values.

I'm assuming the X and Y is just you positioning the area wherever. If so, the rest seems fine to me.
Topic Starter
kurtis-

Death wrote:

The 0.388? That is the difference between the top and bottom values.

I'm assuming the X and Y is just you positioning the area wherever. If so, the rest seems fine to me.

okay, thank you very much. sorry for having to put up with me not understanding basic math