forum

Pen nibs

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Chadago
As a new tablet player i was wondering of often do you change your pen nibs? bcs mine is starting to be a little flat and i just wanted to know what other ppl do.
loahnuh
You shouldn't be dragging your pen, you can if you want but hovering it over the tablet is the go to form for that style of play. You are going to wear out nibs at a prodigious rate especially in higher levels and eventually your tablet. Otherwise replace them whenever you feel it is required but I highly recommend giving it up and hovering.
Franchouchou
Mine been almost 2 months and its the cheaper XP-Pen, yet to replace it. I dragged them quite hard too.

My sister use a Wacom to draw for about 3-4 years and have yet to replace it.

I asked one of my friend before who also have an old Wacom, used for about 6 years and already have holes, she only replaced about 2-3 years back. She even use the pen for hitting circles in Osu rather than keyboard, on top of her free time drawing too.

I was worried like you too, but after I ask them, I start to believe pen nibs are actually quite durable so you don't have to worry about replacing often.
Ayayano
Uh about every month, its probably not good but I have enough that will probably outlast my tablet tbh

There isnt anything wrong with the dragging style just dont tear into your tablet super hard, think of it as gliding more than dragging
Vuelo Eluko

loahnuh wrote:

You shouldn't be dragging your pen, you can if you want but hovering it over the tablet is the go to form for that style of play. You are going to wear out nibs at a prodigious rate especially in higher levels and eventually your tablet. Otherwise replace them whenever you feel it is required but I highly recommend giving it up and hovering.
dragging is fine
it doesn't run though nibs fast unless you press hard
also hover during spinners, no reason not to.
Celine
i ran out of nibs on my cth490 but its because i pressed the pen hard

have yet to replace my xp pen nib and been using it for longer period of time, so its just matter of playstyle rly
Momori
i switch mine every 3 or so months
wouldn't recommend using too much force if ur dragging.
dung eater
Bigger area also multiplies the rate at which nibs wear out, even if you don't press much. ~2-3 weeks for me.