forum

Not hitting some sliders/notes

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Wavey
I have a problem where every once in a while I will miss a slider or note because I either don't go far enough and end up hitting my key before my courser reaches the note or following the edge of a slider instead of the middle (in other words I hit my key too early). I know these are most likely just bad habits I've picked up for some reason, but what would the best way to fix them be?

Edit: For anyone reading this, this is me from the future. The answer is just play more.
Juuuuuuuuul
By watching your own replays to see exactly what was wrong.
Maybe you were clicking in time but aim was too slow.
Kyomaku
As much as I hate to say this, as I usually write lengthier posts with lots of detail and info, but all you need to do right now is to play more and practice consistently. You're way too new, it takes time to build comfort and consistency. I can spectate you and see if I spot anything thats unusual though.

Also, make sure your hardware and software isn't being an issue. (Mouse Accel off, etc)
Topic Starter
Wavey

Kyomaku wrote:

As much as I hate to say this, as I usually write lengthier posts with lots of detail and info, but all you need to do right now is to play more and practice consistently. You're way too new, it takes time to build comfort and consistency. I can spectate you and see if I spot anything thats unusual though.

Also, make sure your hardware and software isn't being an issue. (Mouse Accel off, etc)

I figured practicing is always the best way to improve, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't doing anything that would be preventing me from getting better. There are some people who pick up this game and get 1,000 pp in a week or two, so I just wanted to make sure I'm not picking up bad habits to prevent me from getting better.
Almost
The problem you posted is mostly to do with poor reading ability relative to the map your playing.
Kyomaku

Almost wrote:

The problem you posted is mostly to do with poor reading ability relative to the map your playing.

Pretty sure that's the case, too, but playing more is the fix to that. Well, for the most part.

Reading benefits from playing maps only once, so you can't rely on memory and always have to sightread, it benefits from low AR, so you can't rely on reactions and actually have to comprehend what you're seeing and you generally benefit from playing maps that are slightly out of your comfort zone, but still close enough. Stuff that's too hard can easily lead to bad habits, etc. (which is what I wanted to make sure via spectating, when I get a chance)
Endaris
You're too early with your concerns, just play more for now.
Poor synchronisation between your hands is something that is absolutely to be expected as you get into the first maps that actually require the first small bits of actual aim ability.

Generally you should know that hitting notes barely on the outside, being out of sync with sliders etc. are things that will always happen to you on maps that are non-trivial to read/aim for you. As your aim gets better you will no longer have trouble on the maps you struggle to do correctly now but it will be just the same for harder maps. It is not something that can be fixed.