forum

Bursts, streams etc.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
HandsomeKirso
Yeah I know there was a plenty question about how to tap faster or how to switch my dog into chinesse food (jk), but for real, I already read most of them and nothing helps me. Soooo... I am very bad at tapping, imagine you without fingers, thats my skill at tapping. Yes I use altarnate tap ( all time, cant live without it), and yes I play more, everyday I try hard long streams practice map (it was horrible) from two months and I notice zero, zero progress, and it was not 200bmp, it was only 120bmp (yes I know I suck, you dont need write that), so well, thats probably just my psychical limit and my question is simple, is there any option to beat it? Or should I just go back to play 3*?(Noooooob)
Ps. Yes I know about practicing bursts but they are no problem for me :/
abraker

HandsomeKirso wrote:

switch my dog into chinesse food
??

this needs a tl;dr
Sedfer

HandsomeKirso wrote:

I play more, everyday I try hard long streams practice map (it was horrible) from two months and I notice zero, zero progress

DO you play more? I mean, your last 3 month: 656, 377, 174 plays. This is not enough if you expected to become better in such a short time.
I currently practice long stream maps every day (150-160bpm) and I see very good results. If you want to know more about my training routine, please PM me on Discord Sedfer#8115, I will be happy to share.
Endaris
You're too early for long stream practice.
Play happily until you reach 1500pp, then come back.
Topic Starter
HandsomeKirso
Ummm I play a lot with NF to practice, with my aim I can pass some 4 or even 5* map but tapping is just trash, and I dont care about pp or rank, its not for me
Kyomaku
If you need NF to play a map, it is likely way too hard and not benefitting you much, except for building very bad habits.

Streaming is mostly about finger coordination, rhythmical and smooth movement. You say you can do bursts / have no problem with them, but you also say you struggle/cap at 120bpm streams, so I don't believe you one bit. How fast can you actually burst stream (peak) and for how many notes can you maintain it at 300s?
Endaris
The question is really whether you actually want to improve your tapping or whether you want to keep playing whack-a-mole.
In any case, if you want to improve your tapping, long stream practice maps are not the way.
Topic Starter
HandsomeKirso
What I can say? Its easy to just fast tap ADA then tapping all stream long where I just lose after two taps, or maybe Im just doing this wrong idk
Endaris
In order to play streams correctly it is imperative that you can do bursts correctly.
If you are losing it after two taps you will first want to get good at managing 3 taps instead. Then 5. Then 7. Then 9. Then 13. Then 17. Then 24. And at that point the concept starts to abstract itself and you will be able to do streams of any length.

For now you should really focus on maps that go hard on triples and quints if you want to learn how to stream.
Typical beginner level triple map would be https://osu.ppy.sh/beatmapsets/68893#osu/199049
A tougher practice map for triples:
https://osu.ppy.sh/beatmapsets/18814#osu/66463
You probably want to try and get 94% on this. Feel free to also take a look at the Last Spell difficulty.

Eventually you want to become adept at maps like https://osu.ppy.sh/beatmapsets/40523#osu/128533

That doesn't mean you should exclusively play low * diffs but take some time and practice it, it definitely pays off.
Topic Starter
HandsomeKirso
My acc on this maps are 50-60% so probably thats what I need, thanks a lot everyone :)