forum

[Archived] OBS not recording osu!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Tirnity
Problem details:
I just got OBS for streaming and pp counter, but those dreams were stopped quick when I found osu! didn't appear when I made a game capture and set properties as shown on image. My osu! is fullscreen 1366x768. I've seen other forums tell you to Run the game as administrator instead of opening a shortcut, but that didn't do anything.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

yes this is my first forum ik, im a casual and never wrote these myself

osu! version: Stable 20190808.3 (latest)
wikipedia
turn off sli

start recording

go into osu

wait 2 minutes
stop recording
Topic Starter
Tirnity

wikipedia wrote:

turn off sli

start recording

go into osu

wait 2 minutes
stop recording

didnt work ;(
Death
Are you actually using SLI or did you just happen to have that option in OBS enabled? I'm not sure if that setting does anything if you have it enabled but aren't using SLI anyway.

Try making sure both OBS and osu! are running on the same GPU.
Abbacus

Tirnity wrote:

Problem details:
I just got OBS for streaming and pp counter, but those dreams were stopped quick when I found osu! didn't appear when I made a game capture and set properties as shown on image. My osu! is fullscreen 1366x768. I've seen other forums tell you to Run the game as administrator instead of opening a shortcut, but that didn't do anything.

OBS can't record a window or game if the window or game is not open and being displayed on your screen. Just open Osu!, select it in OBS, start recording, "alt-tab" into Osu! for a minute or so, then stop recording and check to see if it recorded anything.