forum

[Archived] osu unable to detect more than 1 beatmap

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
creedling
Problem details:
i tend to download a ton of beatmaps at a time, as i usually expect the client to be able to detect them all at once. however, i've come upon the problem for both computers that i play osu on that i have to individually go through opening each file. this is frustrating and time consuming, especially with my binge-downloading. i always install beatmaps through this website, and i haven't changed any system files that might mess things up and/or change things. i've tried running osu as an administrator to see if that would change anything, to no avail.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
https://youtu.be/F57UKfwGzOE
in this video i also demonstrate what happens when i use f5 to refresh the beatmaps page, which does nothing either.

osu! version:

Stable 20190808.3 (latest)

i don't know if beatmaps being detected all at once was changed in an update or not, as i only came back to osu a few months ago. but overall, this has been an annoying issue for me and i wanted to know if there was anything i could do to fix this.
Death
Put the beatmaps in your Songs folder, not the downloads folder. Then hitting F5 on song select should import all of them.

Alternatively, you could just drag them all into the osu! window at the same time, that should work.
Abbacus

creedling wrote:

Problem details:
i tend to download a ton of beatmaps at a time, as i usually expect the client to be able to detect them all at once. however, i've come upon the problem for both computers that i play osu on that i have to individually go through opening each file. this is frustrating and time consuming, especially with my binge-downloading. i always install beatmaps through this website, and i haven't changed any system files that might mess things up and/or change things. i've tried running osu as an administrator to see if that would change anything, to no avail.

A really good way to fix this is to get Osu! Supporter. its like 5 bucks for 1 month or something like that. SUPER worth it. makes downloading and installing beatmaps a breeze
Death

Abbacus wrote:

A really good way to fix this is to get Osu! Supporter. its like 5 bucks for 1 month or something like that. SUPER worth it. makes downloading and installing beatmaps a breeze
This is not a fix to the issue, this is a workaround that doesn't address it at all. Yeah supporter is nice, but...