I suck at modding! :D
ha ha, like heck you are!

Try out my new, nicely re-spaced hard :D

I'm not sure if I got the "Move Faster!" right or not

Also the last part was not random on this new one

also is there a way to give you more than 1 kudosu? I think you diserve more

I did it all in the same grid level, as all my songs so far, in grid level 2
0_o
What's this?? An interesting 8-bit Jeopardy map? Madness I say!

Hard
00:07:239 (7 or 8) - New combo
00:18:420 (5) - One too many overlaps imo, I would put this on the left of 4 instead
00:19:618 (9) - If you want to stick with these overlapping circles I would actually move this to the left of 8 and make it a 3-in-a-row pattern instead. Though you probably could be a bit more creative if you wanted to.
00:20:417 (12) - new combo (maybe even before this)
00:25:209 (5,6) ahh bad spacing! fixittt

Normal
MAKE IT INTERESTING!!

that is all
Topic Starter
Chaos Anime X

0_o wrote:

What's this?? An interesting 8-bit Jeopardy map? Madness I say!

Hard
00:07:239 (7 or 8) - New combo
00:18:420 (5) - One too many overlaps imo, I would put this on the left of 4 instead
00:19:618 (9) - If you want to stick with these overlapping circles I would actually move this to the left of 8 and make it a 3-in-a-row pattern instead. Though you probably could be a bit more creative if you wanted to.
00:20:417 (12) - new combo (maybe even before this)
00:25:209 (5,6) ahh bad spacing! fixittt

Normal
MAKE IT INTERESTING!!

that is all
Thanks for the remod =)
Will look at this tommorow, gtg to bed now
Starrodkirby86

chaosanime wrote:

Starrodkirby86 wrote:

I suck at modding! :D
also is there a way to give you more than 1 kudosu? I think you diserve more
You can always just give a kudosu on this post here... ;)

You can't give 2 Kds unless the map is old...?

Kudosu is a new rating system. You will see your kudosu count next to each of your posts (and in your profile soon). You earn kudosu by modding other people's maps. This means that when you post in another person's beatmap thread with feedback or tips on how to improve their map, they can award you 1 or 2 kudosu (depending on the age of the map) if they find your response useful.
Anyway...

I'm going to assume there aren't any giant changes on [Normal]. That being said, let's jump straight into [Hard].
0_o did a lot of mod help there too, so there isn't much to say here...I guess.

[Hard]:
00:12:82 (7) - Move two to the right on Grid Level 2.
00:16:02 (7) - Move one to the right on Grid Level 2.
00:17:62 (3,5) - Move one down on Grid Level 2.
00:19:01 (6) - New combo here.

This version is way better. There's more interesting and creative patterns. Of course, I wonder if you can go past the extra step, but it doesn't matter. Make sure to work on [Normal] with this quality. :) Haha...whatever. xD

You finally get my Star for this.
Topic Starter
Chaos Anime X

Starrodkirby86 wrote:

This version is way better. There's more interesting and creative patterns. Of course, I wonder if you can go past the extra step, but it doesn't matter. Make sure to work on [Normal] with this quality. :) Haha...whatever. xD

You finally get my Star for this.
Thanks ;D
I will try to have normal done by tommorow, if not it might have to wait till next weekend, maybe

Starrodkirby86 wrote:

[Hard]:
00:12:82 (7) - Move two to the right on Grid Level 2.
00:16:02 (7) - Move one to the right on Grid Level 2.
00:17:62 (3,5) - Move one down on Grid Level 2.

00:19:01 (6) - New combo here.
used all your well-thought suggestions & updated

Also no changes have been made to normal in a while, which will change soon after I post this

On a side note, who is that in your avatar?

chaosanime wrote:

Thanks for the remod =)
Will look at this tommorow, gtg to bed now
Made some of your suggestions, IDK if I want to mess with the hit sounds on hard though
RemmyX25
This is actually looking much better than I thought!

I love what you did with the skin, it looks great!

Normal:
The only thing I can recommend is double checking your spacing, even if they look fine. It never hurts to check~

Hard:
Nothing much else to suggest here either, but I noticed you never used a spinner in either difficulty. That's the only other concern of mine, but if everyone else is fine with it, go with it!

In the meantime,

What is a Star, and What is a
~Remington Seal of Approval~?
Topic Starter
Chaos Anime X

RemmyX25 wrote:

This is actually looking much better than I thought!

I love what you did with the skin, it looks great!

What is a Star, and What is a
~Remington Seal of Approval~?
Thanks ;D Bout time I got this map ranked eh?
Starrodkirby86
Ah, there's a new version up. Always great to hear...(I'm mainly talking about the revamp of Normal).

There aren't any problems at a glance. Which is good, since there isn't anything much else to correct, haha...Once again, I second Remmy's suggestion of checking the spacing, since the whole Move Faster thing can make it seem inconsistent. Fortunately, lots of people know the Jeopardy song...so...:D

On a side note, who is that in your avatar?
Kanji Tatsumi from Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_RRlwKmtFE-4/SWGp1wG9veI/AAAAAAAAAGI/s2YyKcqKZkY/s320/Kanji+Tatsumi+3.jpg
0_o
YAY!

Gotta say, I'm pretty impressed with your new normal. It's actually, like, fun.

:O

haha anyway, just some little things..

Normal
00:18:420 (3) - Make this parallel to 2, it's a tad off..
00:19:019 (4) - I would flip this horizontally so it doesnt overlap with the previous slider
00:28:000 (3) [and similar sliders throughout] Try and perfectly align the end of this with the other ones before it.

That's pretty much it.. this is all cosmetics but for ranking its gotta look polished 8-)

Again, nice work :)

(ps.. i appreciate the acknowledgements in the front post, but it would be nice if you could spell my name right? ;) lol)

EDIT: oh, and I would leave a 1 second lead-in time, the song starts pretty quick.
LimeGreenTeknii
Maybe you should change the names of the difficulties to:
(If Easy existed)-$200 question
Normal- $400 question
Hard- $600 question
(If Insane existed)- $800 question
Topic Starter
Chaos Anime X

Kidwii wrote:

Maybe you should change the names of the difficulties to:
(If Easy existed)-$200 question
Normal- $400 question
Hard- $600 question
(If Insane existed)- $800 question
good idea!
Topic Starter
Chaos Anime X
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Starrodkirby86
Correct the storyboarding to have Move Faster at a more appropriate place.

The offset of the songs are too early by a 16th or 1/4th (A blue marker). This means that if you copy all the notes, cut them, and paste them to the next blue marker, it would sound right...

That means the correct offset is...*uses Strobe math*
The length in milliseconds of a single strobe. If you want one strobe per beat, you can calculate this by calculating 60000/bpm (60000 divided by the bpm). If you want two strobes per beat, simply half this number. This should be a whole number for the time being.
60000/150.25 = 399.33444259567387687188019966722
This should represent 1/1, or a quarter beat what have you. Let's halve this number.
OK, this is the 1/2, or eighth, the redstuff. Let's halve it again.
...All right, let's round it. Up, of course.

So your correct offset is 7139, not 7039. I recommend you manually up this counter since I see resnapping this would cause a Chicago train wreck. :V

BPM is fine.

All you need to really do is correct the Offset and Storyboard. :D

So far so good my friend. The new mp3 and video rules. I can totally see the difference. Along with that, those skin elements really make the song more. Love your effort into this. <3

(tl;dr: Bolded parts. :P )
Topic Starter
Chaos Anime X
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
Chaos Anime X
Almost been 2 weeks since anyone has posted =(

I really want to see this get ranked, but I am very busy with school right now! Anyone want to mod it please? especially a BAT?
minyeob

chaosanime wrote:

I really want to see this get ranked, but I am very busy with school right now! Anyone want to mod it please? especially a BAT?
We can't mod because we can't download this beatmap.

Resubmit please

EDIT: Now I can download it :) I'll mod it ASAP

Topic Starter
Chaos Anime X

minyeob wrote:

chaosanime wrote:

We can't mod because we can't download this beatmap.

Resubmit please
Oh my this is bad...I don't have any of the skin files..time to send some PMs
Found it in the deep depths of my HHD
Topic Starter
Chaos Anime X
0_o
It works now.

Something is seriously screwy with the timing though.. you should get someone to retime this (I tried and failed cuz I suck)

And what's with the "Move Faster"? It kind of implies that the song is speeding up, but that isn't what happens...
Starrodkirby86
Topic Starter
Chaos Anime X

Starrodkirby86 wrote:

Following 0_o's tip of a bad timing sort of thing, I realized the BPM is too fast. :o At least, that's what I think.

MixMeister BPM Analyzer gave the .mp3 a 149.89, and a quick tapping for me got 149.75 . It sounds all nice, and decimals are quite a fickle, so check and decide which one is good for you. Maybe even 150.0 works.
Yes it was a bit fast, fixed!
Topic Starter
Chaos Anime X

0_o wrote:

And what's with the "Move Faster"? It kind of implies that the song is speeding up, but that isn't what happens...
Humm I see your point, and it may have to be removed to get this song ranked. However I did it because the spacing changed considerably. It goes from a 1.0 spacing to a 1.5 on the last 1/3 part of the song

I'm planning to redo this map again very soon, and make it better
0_o
Topic Starter
Chaos Anime X
I tried to do a full re-submit....I was on this same exact screen for 5 mins before I gave up.......

BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.