forum

This is confusing me

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
BWithey
Hi all, so I've been mapping this song for taiko and people are telling me that the beat I am starting on is wrong. I feel like the beat is right though and the song just has a measure of 5.5/4 time. I've had people tell me that is needs to start on 4487 and it just feels wrong. I'm not sure if I'm just crazy or just dead wrong but I need some help and other opinions.

here's the map link thanks in advance! :)

https://osu.ppy.sh/beatmapsets/986415#taiko/2078539
Endaris
I think your notion about the measure being 5.5/4 (or rather 11/8) is wrong.
First of all, you should have set the meter to 11/4 to account for an irregular meter like that. (you could have done so by editing the .osu file and changing this number to 11)
Second, I tried setting the meter to 11/4 and the harmony changes ended up all over the place which clearly suggests that it is nothing like 11/8. Try it for yourself and you may be inclined to agree on that matter.

I would suggest you to put the offset right at the start (103) as there appears to be nothing like a lead-in and nothing in the music changes where you have set the offset so it seems perfectly natural. Doing so gives you the harmony changes and drums always perfect on beat and does basically the same thing as putting the offset on 4487 which i consider the correct downbeat placement.

Doing so, the downbeat reset you do at 00:42:706 - becomes obsolete too and you can just delete these 2 lines as they line up perfectly with the offset at the start.
Topic Starter
BWithey
as much as my brain hates this I'm gonna have to go with it. Thank you!