forum

Hand tired after day of stream practice. Continue playing?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Timeattack
Basically Yesterday i did high bpm stream maps like 200-220 for around 6 hours. now my hand is really tired and my question is whether i should just keep playing and practice streaming or just give my hand a break and continue practicing streaming tomorrow or so. the speed i can comfortably stream is like 170 so 200+ was obviously a bit high for me and mainly for improving speed. i think its a good sign that my hand is tired cuz it shows that i did something but i also dont want to ruin my hand obviously
Rai
No. You don't want to fatigue your muscles nor strain your hands to the points of getting some sort of RSI.

Take a few days break until your hand feels normal again, you don't want to joke around this subject.. from personal experience.

tip:
Avoid 220. Can't do 200 consistently? Don't do it. Master every BPM slowly because honestly you shouldn't play stream maps that are 220 around your rank range (judging based on your scores)
Topic Starter
Timeattack

Rai wrote:

No. You don't want to fatigue your muscles nor strain your hands to the points of getting some sort of RSI.

Take a few days break until your hand feels normal again, you don't want to joke around this subject.. from personal experience.

tip:
Avoid 220. Can't do 200 consistently? Don't do it. Master every BPM slowly because honestly you shouldn't play stream maps that are 220 around your rank range (judging based on your scores)

thanks for the advice.
Rai
Glad to help! If you want to know something else feel free to comment here or PM me, I'll guide you on your problems and help solve them if you have any.
UnnamedBeast
don't be afraid of challenging yourself but don't go full gamer mode trying to do things too fast for you

like if it's bursts it's ok to be playing at that speed but full big streams odds are you are probably only hitting half of the notes while mashing the crap out of your keyboard and that will only make you good at mashing your keyboard faster and not necessarily clicking correctly to the beat
Humbby
As already mentioned whenever your hands are tired just take a break and when u come back u will have improved your stamina/speed.

But u don't have to be scared for RSI, I have been to a physio because I had problems with my back so I also asked about RSI. If your hands are tired you will NOT get RSI no matter how tired they are though Its a first signal to take a break. After that you will obviously get pain If u continue to play to much and even then u still haven't developed RSI. You won't get RSI just because you've had 1 training session that went a little overboard, It will only happen If you consistently go so far that you can feel pain.