forum

Huge dip in skill after short break?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Sasami-san
I took 3 days off from osu! and suddenly it seems my skill level has gotten so bad that I can't pass maps that I used to be able to pass without any difficulty. The only time I've really taken a break from osu! was a 2-day hiatus that I was able to bounce back from relatively quickly, but even then I was still able to get roughly the same scores for all of my maps. This time, though, I'm getting dips of -3~7% and -50~100k score, which sets me back about a whole star of difficulty, and I'm actually getting worse instead of climbing back up. Any tips on how I can get my skill back?
Ska
checking your profile it just sounds like youre being paranoic

it's normal not being at your best constantly, that doesnt mean you're getting worse
much less if you only took a 3 day break

just play to unrust a bit and you'll be fine, just because you've better old plays in some maps doesnt mean you're dipping in general
Foxpal
I recently just came back after a year break of not playing. I know exactly how you feel! You just need to do a little bit of derusting. You'll get back up there, and surpass what you used to be able to play in no time! Just give it some time, and don't let yourself get discouraged. Remember, enjoy the game; not the rank!
Topic Starter
Sasami-san
Update: Was forced to take another break due to being super busy with work, and now I can't even clear Finixe 5* diff LOL

Hopefully I'll be able to recover in a month but i"m not counting on it

+ another break for a couple days soon and my hands are zapped
NightNarumi
I think you’re just being too negative and upset about it. Your mood also plays a big part of how well you play. Just keep playing fun stuff and let your skill come to you instead of the other way around
Bobbias
Yep. Being too negative. I might only play a few times a month these days, but my skill level is still floating around the same area, roughly. Some days are bad, some days are good.

If you've been playing regularly every single day a few days off might mean you're not at your absolute peak, but you should be able to shake that off pretty quickly. You need to face the reality that you are not always going to be playing at top skill level.
CubeyThePenguin
The same thing is happening to me. I was fine one day, then I literally couldn't clear any 4* maps the next. That was fixed when I downloaded a new skin, but I can't keep doing this forever. This is still going on right now; I really enjoy this game and I don't want to keep playing it on and off.