forum

Nakae Mitsuki - Pure Love, True Love (Short Ver.) [Osu|Taiko

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
merchat7
Updated, busy so if more opinion on timing is needed, will have to wait till the weekends.
LKs
offest 527 sounds accurate to me (-4)

and, what the difference you used negative offest? (didn't read your explain above. ignore me if you've expounded everything)
Topic Starter
merchat7
I originally put a note on the piano sound at 00:00:422 - ,but I felt a double stream is quite annoying to play at this bpm so decide to remove it. A reason I didn't mention is: You can't have a green timing point before a red (unless I'm doing something wrong?) and notice that my finish is 10% volume lower than my section volume (for this part, 50% for finish, 60% for the rest). So if I have a positive offset, the note before the red line will always be the same volume as the red timing point. In this case, it doesn't really matter much since it's just but 10% volume difference and not normally noticeable, but it depends on song and this had become a habit to me.

There are some ways I could work around this, like adding a custom finish, but as you can see, I normally use a custom finish and this is the easiest workaround in most cases. Also since negative and positive offset have almost no impact on gameplay as far as I'm aware, so that's why I said, I'm fine with changing to a positive if needed.

Thanks for checking timing, I'll see more opinions and finalize an average of everyone's timing
hoLysoup
merchat7!!!
merchat asked for a timing test:

I got 526 (-5), from your original offset, I think it feels more accurate :>
Please consider using this if you would like and if you feel comfortable with it as well :D!

that is all~
nice map :>
Topic Starter
merchat7
Thanks holysoup!

I'm leaning toward -5 to offset, but trying to catch someone online for a check of timing first before making changes. If you don't agree with the timing, please mention it.
Strawberry
Hi~merchat :3
timing check for you

-->bpm:138.00 offset: 527(-4)

btw i think you can keep the timing for now because of that is very close and randomly..
^^ lovely map~ good luck for ranking~!
Topic Starter
merchat7
Thanks for rechecking timing Strawberry

Since two people said, -4 to offset, I did this instead and moved red line to positive offset. I kudosu'd all three posts since they all helped contribute to the new timing, if I'm not suppose to do this, feel free to deny the kudosu's.

@Guest Mappers
Be sure to update your diff first

Mapset should be ready now.
kanpakyin
Rechecking.

[KS's Taiko Muzukashii]
  1. 00:35:961 - I would say adding a note here to follow the vocal would be nice, I prefer don here.
  2. 00:40:309 (1) - I personally prefer a small don here because the accent are not that strong.
  3. 00:48:570 - Same as 00:35:961- a don here would be nice.
  4. 00:57:048 (1,2,1,1) - Could you change this pattern to kdkd because the pitch of 00:57:266 - and 00:57:700 - is lower than 00:57:048 - and 00:57:483 - . Also it can follow the drum sound in this way.
  5. 01:18:787 (1) - I prefer a big kat here because of the high pitch.
[KS's Taiko Oni]
  1. Please remove the Kiai fountain in this diff. Rekiai is unrankable in Taiko diff.
  2. ..There are so many useless green line such as speed down and volume changes. Please remove all the green line without the kiai part.
  3. 00:53:787 (2,1,2) - I think kkd fits the music better. Let you decide it.
  4. 01:05:526 (2,1,2,3,1,1) - Probably try d kkddk here? I found that this can fitted the pitchs and the drum sounds much better. Also, this can make the entire flow to be more fluent.
  5. 01:18:787 (1,2) - Change this to big kat to follow what you do in Muzukashii diff?
No kuds, check this mod and I can bubble.
KayeSara
>kpy
Fix all, thank you.
Changed Version
Topic Starter
merchat7
Updated
kanpakyin
Bubbled.

(ノ・ω・)ノ
Topic Starter
merchat7
thanks kanpakyin
skAAning
Please fix this ^
Topic Starter
merchat7
What is wrong with this?
skAAning
umm, look this, the object stands upright, I think the problem that there out notes.

sorry i don't speak english very well D=
Topic Starter
merchat7
I think you mean they don't stack properly in gameplay?

Since they are stack properly in editor http://puu.sh/1yOBw, I don't see a problem. They shouldn't stack properly in gameplay so that people playing hidden can read it.
p3n
[Easy]
00:05:527 (2,3) - very confusing beat placement for beginners. You have to change this to follow the melody with all the dominant notes. I suggest using a short 1/2 slider and a repeat slider as they fit nicely into the flow of the surrounding combos http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/533514

[alacat's Hard]
00:14:874 (1) up to 00:25:309 (3) - check the spacing here. If it is intended to have a smaller spacing compared to something like the following combos (00:26:179 (4,5,1)). I recommend using slightly higher spacing of 1,30x for this whole part to avoid the partial overlaps of the objects and have a much cleaner look. Also place this part without gridsnap to increase the consistency of the gaps.

01:27:266 (1,2) - the new combo should start on 01:27:483 -

[KS's Taiko Muzukashii]
01:30:961 - remove this inherited timing section or use at least 30% volume for this spinner. Silenced spinners are nothing you should do in Taiko anyway. If you use 30% volume for this spinner, also add this section in Oni

[KS's Taiko Oni]
Hitound volume is too high. Reduce at least to 80% like in muzukashii or reduce both of them (muzu + oni) to ~70% to bring it more in line with the standard diffs.
01:33:135 - remove this inherited timing section, it doesn't do anything in Taiko

[Insane]
00:55:744 (3,4,5) - select all three and use ctrl+g to greatly improve the flow of this section (the movement into the following slider is much smoother this way and it plays less "bumpy")

PM me (ingame or forum) after you've fixed these things and this should be ready
Topic Starter
merchat7
@p3n
Insane:
00:55:744 (3,4,5) - Doing your suggestion, it causes the stream to have a bigger spacing than the slider. Gameplay-wise, I always find higher spaced out note to be nicer to play when it's a slider (very forgiving timing window) compare to hit circles. Also, I think it's best to have jump on the cymbal rather than the drums. Lastly, since 00:56:179 is also where kiai begins, I want to give a sort of "bang" or big spacing on this note to show this. I tried thinking of alternate placement, but current placement for me is what I think fits with the song best and play best for me.

Added Japanese artist and some Japanese tags since they are searchable now. Japanese artist is also in tags since you can't search it unless it's in tags for some reason, maybe it'll be fixed later, but there's no harm in having one extra word(s) in tags.
中恵光城 = Nakae Mitsuki
澄田まお = Sumita Mao
フック = Hook
フックソフト = Hooksoft
ラブリークエスト = Lovely Quest
ラブクエ = Shorten name, taken from vndb
エロゲ = eroge, used this since it gets more results on nicovideo than エロゲー ~65000 > ~15000

I'll await guest diff replies, before giving kudosu. I'll pm them later if they are late. Thanks for checking!

@Guest Mappers
Update first before applying mods
alacat

p3n wrote:

[alacat's Hard]
00:14:874 (1) up to 00:25:309 (3) - check the spacing here. If it is intended to have a smaller spacing compared to something like the following combos (00:26:179 (4,5,1)). I recommend using slightly higher spacing of 1,30x for this whole part to avoid the partial overlaps of the objects and have a much cleaner look. Also place this part without gridsnap to increase the consistency of the gaps. fixe all :3

01:27:266 (1,2) - the new combo should start on 01:27:483 - Nope.
Thank you for modding :oops:

http://puu.sh/1DiUH
hoLysoup
oh oh oh I've been waiting for this :>!
PainSinger

p3n wrote:

[Easy]
00:05:527 (2,3) - very confusing beat placement for beginners. You have to change this to follow the melody with all the dominant notes. I suggest using a short 1/2 slider and a repeat slider as they fit nicely into the flow of the surrounding combos http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/533514 fixed
Ty for the mod

http://puu.sh/1DzfT
KayeSara
>p3n
yeah, you're right.
Thanks for your mod.

>merchat7
Hope you can help me to fix that timing issue.
And congratulation!
Topic Starter
merchat7
Taiko Muzukashii
- 01:30:961 - Used 30% volume

Taiko Oni
- Change hitsound volume to 80%
- Added 01:30:961 timing point like in Muzukashii
- 01:33:135 - Remove the useless timing point

Other diffs updated. Added invisible scorebar-bg for better visibility of lyrics in video due to new widescreen support.

Should be ready now.

Edit: Almost forgot, thank you for your support holysoup & KayeSara :)
p3n
Everything looking good now. There is one last thing I'm concerned about:

[Insane]
00:07:701 (1,2,3) - I think this combo should have a 1,00x spacing to the previous slider to make it readable. Right now the placement is very confusing because the player would expect a short break after the slider. This might seem different to you because you know the song and have heard it over and over when mapping this. But players who don't know the song will certainly fall for that "trap". It is only a small change but I believe it will greatly increases the playability of this map. This should also be the last thing you have to change: http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/536658

I hope my reasoning is clear. I know this will be hard to verify for you becaue you just "know" this placement.
Topic Starter
merchat7
Hm fair enough, fixed.
p3n
Great set.
hoLysoup
Congrats~! :D!
DarknessAngel
lovely quest \^^/
congrats ! :)
Nichiyouki
yay