forum

Score Numbers (Again)

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
TanteKuN
I was thinking if the score numbers would be somewhat like starts with a single zero. As in it looks like 0 and not 0000000
and as the score increases, the number of place value increases also.

For example, at the start of a certain song, the only number that is displayed is 0, and when I hit a few hit circles and run a few sliders the score for example would be 78,903 and the display would be 78 903 instead of 0078903.

Reason for this is that I'm very confused of my score when I watch replay mode and the score list to the left is too far for me to see when I'm playing.
Also I'm confused if my score IS in Millions or Thousands... :( :( :(

I'm still open for any kind of reactions or comments :) :)
Soaprman
This might look nice, yeah. It's probably only done the way it is because of tradition... most games you see pad their scores with 0s the same way. This might be appropriate as a skin option.

As for the millions/thousands confusion, I'd suggest asking for separators, but those look ugly with frequently-changing variable-width numbers. :P
Topic Starter
TanteKuN
Yeah, I mean, we could make use of the comma or just a space between to avoid confusion..

And also to omit the zeroes that are still not moving or changing... 8-) 8-)
Mithos
It would be confusing, but if commas were introduced it would help with this.
Archangel Tirael
I support this idea, but I want
these figures were Skinable, so
that, for example, the file
appeared skin.ini Line
Numbers style = 1.
Topic Starter
TanteKuN
Yeah that sounds fine too...
I'll keep that idea on...
theowest
Since score numbers are added instantly, I wouldn't have much of a problem with it starting out with just a zero.
Topic Starter
TanteKuN
What do you mean?
deadbeat
when the map starts there are 7 0's. but when you reach 10,000,000, it adds in that 8th digit instantly. so it shouldn't be hard making it start with only 1 0. not 7
that make sense?

x.x so many numbers
Bittersweet

Archangel Tirael wrote:

I support this idea, but I want
these figures were Skinable, so
that, for example, the file
appeared skin.ini Line
Numbers style = 1.
They're already skinable, thats why theres two sets of numbers on skins. One for hitcircles, one for score.

@topic i dont see a reason to do that, so no support from me.
Topic Starter
TanteKuN

deadbeat wrote:

when the map starts there are 7 0's. but when you reach 10,000,000, it adds in that 8th digit instantly. so it shouldn't be hard making it start with only 1 0. not 7
that make sense?

x.x so many numbers
Correct! That makes sense!

It should start with one zero then as the score increases, the number of digits gradually increases..
theowest
Anyone else check their points here?

Topic Starter
TanteKuN

theowest wrote:

Anyone else check their points here?

Well not the snap like that, but the number of digits...
The speed remains the same ;)
Yuzeyun
Shut up and take all my stars.
Taiko mode really needs this, since the score starts with a single 0; look at this video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeiayZgvRNI
Anyway yes it would be better with the NumbersStyle.