forum

Replays Watched by Others - Ranking

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +2
Topic Starter
VelperK
Pretty much what the title says, making a "popularity" ranking, if you will. It'd be a nice feature to look at.
Also, dividing it by countries, modes, etc would be cool too...
Oh, and in all 3 modes also showing "osu!", "mekkadosu!" and "salad!" as a reference.

discuss :>
Kitokofox
Are you trying to put a popularity rating on replays?

If that's so, I'm not entirely sure if that would be very useful. I could see replays getting popular because a user asks them to watch their replays. I'm sort of afraid of a popularity war, you see. :(

I mean, it's an interesting suggestion, I just see it collapsing later down in the line..
bomber34
Another ranking where cookiezi is#1 ?
don't sue me if that is not true

EDIT: Ok VelperK I failed :3 Let's say he "would" be still #1 if he were active.(maybe not score)
At least I am sure he has the most watched replays
Topic Starter
VelperK

bomber34 wrote:

Another ranking where cookiezi is#1 ?
don't sue me if that is not true

Nessuka
The data is already in the database, the count is updated frequently enough, so it is completely possible with enough support, I wouldn't mind it being added.
CXu
I want more epeen so why not.
theowest
Oh, that would be interesting. You'd see quiet a resemblance between performance points and the number of times people have watched your replay.
Topic Starter
VelperK
bump
peppy
anyone can spam watches of replays currently, so this would be pointless, exploitable, and pretty pointless.
[CSGA]Ar3sgice
I miss Gomo Psivarh ;_;
Topic Starter
VelperK

peppy wrote:

anyone can spam watches of replays currently, so this would be pointless, exploitable, and pretty pointless.
I thought about that, and a way to prevent it would be not making it as a ranking, but rather as another statistics which doesn't affect PP whatsoever.

And to discourage people to ask for friends to watch his replays so he can farm this stat, the "ranking" could be able to only show the top 50.
peppy
The problem is people will make many accounts to bypass this. It would mean adding preventative measures for such cases, at very least.
SuzumiyaBR

peppy wrote:

The problem is people will make many accounts to bypass this. It would mean adding preventative measures for such cases, at very least.

Bad Idea