forum

Rank stuck and not improving

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
A5n
Problem : I improved a lot before 2 months , but recently I can't improve anymore , I don't why...I usually play 5-6* maps but I can't fc...
KupcaH
Continue playing and you'll improve. You're improving even if it's not that noticable.
Momori
As long as you're playing u are improving.
ZOOM-
Vuelo Eluko

ZOOM- wrote:

https://old.ppy.sh/forum/t/187364
fixed
KupcaH

Vuelo Eluko wrote:

ZOOM- wrote:

https://old.ppy.sh/forum/t/187364
fixed
This guy knows
UnknownOrigins
Practice maps slightly out of your comfort zone, ideally trying to get an fc on it. If certain maps are way out of your league, practicing them with ht can help you learn complex patterns easier. Then going back and playing that same maps without ht will bring noticeable difference although not immediately. Also try entering a clear state of mind free of all distractions and negative feelings of doubt and anxiety caused by the illsuopn of “not being good enough “ pp is merely a metric of measurement. Play for fun and maybe you will get what you hoped for in the most counterintuitive way possible.
Topic Starter
A5n
Also , I want to ask one more questions . Is playing consistency affacts improving speed?
Sedfer
Before this summer you had 2-4k plays/month, now you barely have 1k, so that explains why your progress is slower. Also, improving through 2-4* is a lot faster than on 5*+, be patient.

Idk, try playing HR and don't worry too much about pp for some time.
Kyomaku
I genuinely do not think that playing HR is a good idea for improving at Osu, only play HR if you want to practice AR10. Nomod and not repeating maps to practice sightreading seems to be quite good. Don't play things that are too hard. I'd even tell you to lower the AR, it's much harder to read lower AR than higher AR, high AR is just reaction speed and that builds itself quite naturally over time. If you play high AR too much before learning to read maps properly, you build tons of bad habits. I'm in the process of fixing those, so I do not recommend others to follow into that trap.

Also, I'd recommend playing older maps from time to time, especially with AR8. They have very awkward patterns and movement. And I'd also recommend to practice snap aiming on everything, it goes hand in hand with awkward movements, etc, they get a lot easier and it'll help you tremendously with doing squares etc. (not to mention that old maps are actually quite a lot of fun once you get past the AR7 / AR8 barrier).
Celine
I genuinely do not think that playing HR is a good idea for improving at Osu, only play HR if you want to practice AR10.
As long as you're playing u are improving.
xD?
Vuelo Eluko
playing hr will make u better at playing hr
Celine
ya and hr and nomod becomes more and more similar the higher SR u go so why not experiment once u get the basics straight since hr is objectively harder a.k.a pushes u more ?
Vuelo Eluko

Celine wrote:

ya and hr and nomod becomes more and more similar the higher SR u go so why not experiment once u get the basics straight since hr is objectively harder a.k.a pushes u more ?
because ar10 is garbage
Kyomaku

Celine wrote:

Pushing you harder =/= more or faster improvement, the general consensus for this seems to be playing maps that are slightly out of your comfort zone, but also not too hard, so you don't build bad habits.

Why you shouldn't play HR after understanding the "basics". Because at that point, you still can't read maps properly and HR does not teach you how to read properly, ontop of being too hard for a long time and will just teach you bad habits until then. What happens to a lot of DT (and HR players) that pick up those mods too early is, that they end up just blankly and lazily staring into the middle of the screen and don't follow the map properly, they're just reacting. The second you then play anything remotely lower, you'll try to read the same way and be absolutely lost.

I do agree with you that there comes a point, where you'll be playing with HR on almost every map anyways, because nomod won't be much of a difference, but when you get there, you should already be capable of properly reading maps.

What I'm trying to say is, build good habits and learn to properly read first, then apply that to AR10 and learn high AR the correct way. I learned it in the wrong order, I'm a prime example of someone who reads maps way better on AR10 than on any other AR and I'm actively putting in a lot of effort to break all those annoying habits I got from playing too much high AR/DT when I was new.
Topic Starter
A5n
Ok thx guys