posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
grumd
Thanks for the mod!
Easy: rotated a bit
Hard:
1. That beat should not have it, but the last beat of 00:06:697 (4) should! Also fixed similar parts
2. Nope. That beats are the same as in the beginning, listen carefully
haha5957
Hi ^~^/
I'm sorry that I can't mod this kind of music on my best, so I'll just throw some ignorable suggestions 'o'/
feel free to ignore them~

[Normal]

00:25:197 (3,4) - http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/400768 try this on this kind of pattern?

[hard]
mostly fine but

00:30:697 (4) - in this kind of rhythm,it follows main melody better when pushed 1/6 back. but It seems like you are following drumbeat.. so meh, doesnt matter but consider this if you want some variations here..
Since music is has very complicated rhythm, I think you can try it on map too (since it's AR is kinda low and easy as hardest difficulty) but meh, ignorable too.

lool well done map :)

feel free to not-kudosu this because I don't think this would be helpful enough

good luck ^~^ :)
Topic Starter
grumd
Sorry, but nothing changed. In Normal I can't see any difference between the patterns. And Hard is drum-oriented diff, I tried to follow them as much as possible. Normal is string-oriented, Easy is less-than-3-stars oriented :D
So yea, I havent changed the rhythm in Hard.
Kiddo-Kun
This is going to be the quickest mod ever~

[General]
- I suggest adding in a silent slider slide mp3 file into your folder. The slide sound is really unfitting and sounds awful.

[Hard]

• 00:06:697 (4,5) - I found this slider here to be really unintuitive because it's hard to tell when it ends and the flow is pretty awful. This can be fixed up by changing the slider's direction to something like this:

• 00:25:363 (4,5) - Same as above.
Topic Starter
grumd
Thanks a lot Kiddo-kun :D
Everything fixed. Let's wait for an update.
Updated.
Kiddo-Kun
Nicely consistent and flowing. This map is good to be bubbled!
Keep up the good work, and good luck ;D
Aurele

Oh wow okay, 39hours ago.
Kiddo-Kun
The map has got plenty of mods, along with the fact that it is only 40 seconds. So, I think it is fine.
Stefan

Kiddo-Kun wrote:

The map has got plenty of mods, along with the fact that it is only 40 seconds. So, I think it is fine.
Lenght does not mean that a Map needs more/less Mods. It's more the Mapper what makes the difference.

Anyway, a bit bored, so let me see:

[Easy]
00:00:031 (1) - Whistle at the Start, it sounds neat.
00:02:697 (3) - ^
00:14:031 (4) - Finish at the End?
00:18:031 (1,2,3,1) - This would look better: http://puu.sh/V3V4
The flow would be better, and 00:18:697 (2) would not touch 00:21:364 (2): http://puu.sh/V3W8
00:32:697 (1) - Finish at the End?

[Normal]
Nothing wrong.

[Hard]
00:06:531 (3,4,5) - This part looks very crumbled. I don't know how you think about this.

\o\
[Luanny]
wow bubbled <3
Ephemeral

Stefan wrote:

Kiddo-Kun wrote:

Lenght does not mean that a Map needs more/less Mods. It's more the Mapper what makes the difference.
it's not even the mapper - both are completely irrelevant as to whether a map needs less/more mods.

this is really cutting it and while the map does look ready, i would encourage presiding BAT/MAT to investigate other high SP maps before ranking this one, if possible
Kiddo-Kun
Yeah, I know I should be looking at higher priority maps. SORRY D:!
Topic Starter
grumd

Stefan wrote:

Kiddo-Kun wrote:

Lenght does not mean that a Map needs more/less Mods.
imo, you're wrong here. The less notes the map has, the less mistakes can be found/done, the less ways to impove would exist. This is obvious.
I'll look at your mod as soon as I get my laptop, thanks for modding ^^

Ephemeral wrote:

i would encourage presiding BAT/MAT to
investigate other high SP maps before ranking this
one, if possible
This made me feel really strange. If you guys don't want to see the maps with this SP bubbled, why have you set the border to +12 then? Increase it to somewhat +20 if you really think that this is not enough.

Anyway! I will get another page of few more mods just for the sake of modding and continue.
Topic Starter
grumd
Stefan
[Easy]
00:00:031 (1) - Whistle at the Start, it sounds neat.
i hear no reason in the music tho. the end of this slider is slightly more pitched up, so i won't put 2 whistles here
00:02:697 (3) - ^
no, i follow my hitsound pattern, making it the same as prev. slider
00:14:031 (4) - Finish at the End?
no. the sound is just like every clap sound in this song
00:18:031 (1,2,3,1) - This would look better: http://puu.sh/V3V4
nope
The flow would be better, and 00:18:697 (2) would not touch 00:21:364 (2): http://puu.sh/V3W8
this is stupid man, this is purely unnoticeable ingame, why should i change it?
00:32:697 (1) - Finish at the End? no. i follow my hitsound pattern

[Normal]
Nothing wrong.

[Hard]
00:06:531 (3,4,5) - This part looks very crumbled. I don't know how you think about this.
snapped usually. nothing wrong here imo

\o\

Wellp, sorry, but I've changed nothing. Really, hitsounds suggestions are senseless in my opinion, I have my hitsound pattern and you probably haven't got it.
Hard is also fine, I see no reason (and no way) to change that part.
Low
Heyo. Wonderful map as usual.

[General]

1. The normal difficulty has an inconsistency in preview time and AudioLeadIn. This should help.
[Easy]

1. 00:20:031 (1,2) - I think that these two sliders pose a great opportunity for some blanketing. Here's an example of what I mean;
[Normal]

1. 00:02:253 (4) - I believe that this slider is snapped incorrectly. It really should be snapped like this. (listen to it in 25% speed.) However, I believe an exception can be made due to the fact that this is a normal difficulty and the pattern I showed you may be too difficult. You should change it in the hard difficulty if there are any cases like this, though.
  2. 00:11:586 (1) - Same as above.
  3. 00:20:919 (2) - Same as above.
  4. 00:30:253 (1) - Same as above.
[Hard]

1. 00:17:364 (1,2) - I found the spacing between these objects confusing due to the large spacing. I thought they were 1/2 apart at first.
Yes, that's all I have to say. If you need to, I advise going to a BAT to help you with the snapping issues and what to do with it. Good luck!
Topic Starter
grumd
Well, the hardest decision in my osu! life I think. I've listened at it with different patterns and speeds and can say two things now...
1. The string sound lasts from 1/3 to 1/4 tick (00:02:475 to 00:02:531) so it can't be set at one exact point imo. It's really hard to tell whether is the right timing.
2. And the second thing is just my feeling that if we use 1/4, like you suggest, the rhythm will become more drum-oriented, more strict and rhythmic at all. This behaviour calls for a note here 00:03:031 to fit the drum sounding. The constant 1/3 makes me feel smoothly while playing and this fits the string sound better.
So my decision is to keep 1/3 for these reasons and for normalizing difficulty.
I hope I could provide enough reasons for keepign my rhythm. Your suggestion still makes sense, but not with the overall feeling of this diff in my opinion.
Easy: I never liked who sliders blanket other sliders so nope..
Hard: Hm, I'm not really sure if this needs to be fixed. I wished to emphasize the difference in the music by adding a jump-stack pattern. Well, the players I was spectating have not missed it at their first play and this makes sense imo. By the way, it would be sad to see 90% pass rate anyway :> This pattern deserves to live I think.
Thanks for the mod anyway!

Ok, but I have to do a remark. It's the second mod I'm rejecting fully, but PLEASE don't think that I just want to keep the bubble. I want to make this map as better as possible, I'm trying every suggestion and thinking about it from different sides. If I get something really needed here, the bubble will be popped asap.
Flanster
modmymapplz

[General]
Inconsistencies:
Normal's preview time is 9364, while the other diffs is 9338
Normal's AudioLeadIn is 3000, while the other diffs is 2000

[Easy]
00:00:031 (1) - plain :I .... how bout this vvvvv
00:10:031 (5) - NC?
00:10:697 (1) - remove NC
00:14:031 (5) - NC
00:20:031 (1) - remove NC
00:21:364 (2) - how about curve it some moar bro
00:23:364 (3) - NC
00:25:364 (1) - remove NC
00:32:697 (1) - instead of anoter long slider how about this
00:37:531 (1) - silent end :I ?

[Normal]
ohgod 1/3 hauehauehauhe but good
also that silent end again :I

[Hard]
se~xy
hey im a modding newb so i like it whatever xD

thats my lazy/noob modding
grum'd :P

edit : star'd
Topic Starter
grumd
Lolicore Flandre
modmymapplz

[General]
Inconsistencies:
Normal's preview time is 9364, while the other diffs is 9338
Normal's AudioLeadIn is 3000, while the other diffs is 2000
already fixed!

[Easy]
00:00:031 (1) - plain :I .... how bout this vvvvv

dont like it
00:10:031 (5) - NC?
nope
00:10:697 (1) - remove NC
nope
00:14:031 (5) - NC
done
00:20:031 (1) - remove NC
nope
00:21:364 (2) - how about curve it some moar bro
nope
00:23:364 (3) - NC
nope
00:25:364 (1) - remove NC
nope
00:32:697 (1) - instead of anoter long slider how about this

nope, i will make everything consistent
00:37:531 (1) - silent end :I ?
yep i like it

[Normal]
ohgod 1/3 hauehauehauhe but good
also that silent end again :I

[Hard]
se~xy
hey im a modding newb so i like it whatever xD

thats my lazy/noob modding
grum'd :P

Thaaaaaanks :>

I still have troubles with update with this 3G modem, so I will update only major changes, sorry :c
Andrea
Popped for now since you're going to make some changes sooner or later anyways.
Card N'FoRcE
You asked for a look, so here i am.

- General: (Considerations and things you need to check/fix for the whole map)
  • Everything seems in order (i know you fixed those lead-in and preview inconsistencies even if the maps are not updated yet)
- Easy:
  1. .Opinions: (Just some thoughts, I'd personally like if you follow them)
    Everything is 1/1 (or 2/1) :( I think you could've used some 3/1 or 4/1 sliders to spice things up a little more (00:06:697 (3) - is an example of where it could work)
  2. .Suggestions: (Fixing this should make gameplay/aesthetics a bit better)
    Slidertick rate 2 would make this map feel waaaaaaay less empty. Normal and Hard don't really need it as much because there's more variation and they follow the music more strictly.
    00:18:031 (1,2,3) - :( Something like the image below, pretty please? These three beats really sound bad right now because they don't follow the dominant instrument at all
- Normal:
    I'd say OD4 would be fine.
    Nothing else.
- Hard:
    I don't know why, but the sliders snapped to 1/6 (like 00:02:031 (5) - 00:11:364 (1) - and the other similiar ones) kinda sounded awkward to me while playing. I know what sounds they're following and i have absolutely no complaint about that, but somehow i still like those sliders better when snapped to 1/8. Quite sure it's just me, but still letting you know.
  2. .Suggestions: (Fixing this should make gameplay/aesthetics a bit better)
    00:17:364 (1,2) - 00:18:697 (1,2) - kinda easy to misread because you simply doubled the spacing and combined with AR7 it makes it more unexpected. My suggestion is to slightly increase the jump (maybe about 2,5x instead of 2x) so that it looks different and becomes easier to guess.
Dusty
I saw this in #modreqs, so I guess I'll give a mod

[Normal]
consider increasing the difficulty settings? In particular I think AR should be 5 or 6, not 4.
Also it seems to me that the notes are too close together. Since both the 1/2 and the 1/3 overlap each other it's hard to tell at first that there's two different rhythms going on (also it's ugly) but if you make it so that, say, the 1/2 doesn't overlap but the 1/3 does I think it'd be nicer.

[Hard]
AR+1?
Kiddo-Kun
Damn, you're pretty good at getting mods for your map xD
Low

Jacob wrote:

The normal difficulty has an inconsistency in preview time and AudioLeadIn.

grumd wrote:

fully rejected
are you suuuure about that
zeroclover
grumd's hobby is asking mod to everyone (with a good manner and force with a knife)
even , he asked mod request to peppy in #modreqs -__-
so dont confuse about mod post count in one day
Mercurial
If a mapper gets a lots of mods in a single day or 2 days, there's no problem.

Good luck man.
Topic Starter
grumd
Shit, Jacob, I'm sorry! You're totally right, you was first to mention inconsistent things. Kudosu'ed.

I will check other mods soon, when get to the laptop.
And also OH MY GOD MAN CRAP GOD, FIRST MODREQS MOD IN MY LIFE GOD

Getting many mods in one day is a speedrequesting. Blame me, nuke me, alalala
riffy
divan

good luck, bro.
Topic Starter
grumd
@Bakari: а вот и не диван больше!

@CNF: fixed everything except of Hard's 1/6. Tried 1/8 and that 28ms difference sounds late for me xD
Also added some 3/4 in easy instead of 3/1 or 4/1
Big thanks for your mod

@Dusty: Normal AR+1 OD+1 HP+1; Haven't changed the spacing cause it's too hard to do and it's still playable (1/3s are used only few times in the diff and they dont break gameplay) :v
Hard: no changes cause I want to pass it with DT xD

Ok waiting for upload.This is the 4th page and +31SP so I'll try to go for a bubble again!
Uploaded.
Kiddo-Kun
After fixing some odd inconsistency issue...
Ranked Bubbled~
Topic Starter
grumd
Yaaay~ Thanks <3
Niva
Hi grumd (:

[General]

-> Set preview time to 9281 (1/8 before), it'll make the preview time lands perfectly compared to 9364...
-> I see "nostril" as album name in the .mp3's metadata, add it to the tags maybe?
-> Actually I'm not really sure about your 1/8 slider in Hard, such as 00:08:444 (2,3)... What I'm not sure of is the (1) that lands after actually, try offset 28 instead?

[Hard]

1. 00:06:697 (4) - I'm pretty sure the synth isn't one with your 1/8 here (checked with 25% playback)... But the beats land perfectly though (:
  2. 00:17:197 (3) - Put lower (~x:219 y:348)? I'm pretty sure your intention is not encircling (5) here, so it won't hurt to emphasize the arc more xD
  3. 00:18:697 (1) - Try to put further from (2), around ~x:457 y:233? Currently (2)'s comboburst blocks this, and it doesn't look really good imo...
  4. 00:25:363 (4) - Same as 00:06:697 orz...
[Normal]

1. 00:02:253 (1) - Whistle on slider's end (instead of repeat) fits better imo, the synth hits higher note there... (this suggestion applies to next parts like this such as 00:11:586 (1))
  2. 00:17:697 (2,2) - (optional) A slight curve like this won't hurt imo, in fact I think it flows good with your previous (5,1)~
  3. 00:36:031 (3,4) - Uhm, I think it'll fit the music more if you put the non-repeating slider first, then the repeating one... Just my thoughts though (:
[Easy]

-> AR +1? There are some patterns such as 00:12:697 (2,1) where it'll be more beautiful if (2)'s comboburst disappear faster ~

1. 00:06:697 (3) - (optional) A 4/1 slider followed by a circle 2/1 after sounds better imo, but repeating 3/1 is fine as well (:
  2. 00:25:364 (5) - Same as above...
  3. 00:34:697 (2,3) - I prefer something wavy for the end... Just my suggestion though xD
Actually my main concern here is the preview point, orz >_<
...that's it from me...
Topic Starter
grumd
Oh wow, Niva :o
Your mod was really unexpected, thank you :>
I will be on a train in a few hours and can't check it right now. But this will surely be done tomorrow c:
Topic Starter
grumd
Ok let's doublepost \o/

Overall:
preview time fixed.
"nostril" tag added.
offset: no change, current offset was set by Shiro and I believe her more than anyone else :>

Hard:
00:06:697 (4) - no change. following the synth directly would caues much problems here, it's not right on the beat. but the drums still are, so following them is a good choice imo
00:17:197 (3) - lol such a nazi thing :D fixed
00:18:697 (1) - yea, right. this jump now looks more consistent btw
00:25:363 (4) - i still like how that sounds, so as above, not fixed

Normal:

00:02:253 (1) - fixed whistles, on similar parts too
00:17:697 (2,2) - haven't fixed. i want to emphasize the difference in sounds. like i did it straight in Easy and added jumps in Hard
00:36:031 (3,4) - right, fixed

Easy:
OD+1; AR+1 ok?
00:06:697 (3) - not changed. before it was like you say, but CNF suggested to add some variety so I decided to add 3/1, they are still fine and make this diff more enjoyable
00:25:364 (5) - same as above
00:34:697 (2,3) - lol okay, added that wavy thing :D

Here it is. Thank you for the shortest mod in your life Niva! If anybody still don't know, I have problems with uploading... So please wait for my upload then, I will edit this post when it's done ^3^
Niva
All is fine now... But I'm not really confident to rank it now >_< (sorry, really ._.)

Rebubbled ~
Topic Starter
grumd
Thanks ;w;
[Luanny]
goooooooo
SapphireGhost

This is what happened when I played this map.
Topic Starter
grumd
LOL, Sapphire xD

somebody please mod it ._.
Mikkuri
I'm your FC, grumd :)

gogo rank xD
Kurai
IRC modded

log
17:22 Kurai: : Anyway, the title is "Dentist", but why the BG has no relevance with Dentist ?
17:22 Kurai: : Man, boats don't have teeth
17:23 grumd: : lol
17:24 grumd: : i just feel the music, dunno. the song itself says nothing about dentists..
17:24 Kurai: : :D
17:24 grumd: : and i'm pretty sure that bg with teeth will not be so good ~_~
17:24 Kurai: : ahahah
17:24 grumd: : oh i know alternative bg!
17:24 grumd: : http://puu.sh/Wt9Z this one is nice :>
17:25 Kurai: : yeah great
17:25 Kurai: : use it :D
17:26 Kurai: : [Hard]
17:26 grumd: : :o
17:26 Kurai: : 00:31:697 (6) - Snap it's end on blue tick, 1/6 isn't intuitive and sounds awkward here.
17:27 grumd: : hm
17:27 grumd: : just replacing a slider with a note would be fine i guess?
17:27 Kurai: : What do you mean ?
17:28 grumd: : 00:31:697 (6) -
17:28 grumd: : replacing this with a single circle
17:29 Kurai: : yeah that'd work, but Imo, just snapping the slider's end on 1/4 tick fits much better and is less boring
17:29 grumd: : wait, you said
17:29 grumd: : AAH
17:29 grumd: : blue tick!
17:29 Kurai: : yep
17:29 grumd: : i misread
17:29 Kurai: : >.<
17:29 grumd: : thought you mean white tick
17:30 Kurai: : no no >.<
17:30 Kurai: : oh and, same thing for 00:13:031 (5) -
17:32 grumd: : i'm trying to fix them ><
17:32 Kurai: : ok
17:35 Kurai: : tel me when you're done