forum

Hyperdash fruits don't always spawn correctly in CTB [confirmed]

posted
Total Posts
show more
peppy
I am going to leave this second issue until the first has been made public and confirmed as resolved, as I'd rather not create problems on top of problems.

eldnl wrote:

peppy wrote:

At a code level, the above should still be possible (though hard), which is why I'm asking for a specific test beatmap to be created so I can check.
There are some jumps that are possible, but there are some that not, like the short map above, even with this trick is impossible.
OMG
VelperK

peppy wrote:

I am going to leave this second issue until the first has been made public and confirmed as resolved, as I'd rather not create problems on top of problems.
I think the DT bug was succesfully resolved IMHO, I tried different maps and they all play very well! But I don't have problems with waiting a bit longer either, in case there is a little glitch or something :)
peppy
DT is fixed and will go live soon. I'm talking about the other yet-to-be-confirmed bug mentioned in the last few posts.
Topic Starter
eldnl

peppy wrote:

DT is fixed and will go live soon. I'm talking about the other yet-to-be-confirmed bug mentioned in the last few posts.
We should create another thread for the other bugs?
peppy
Nah, it's fine here for now.
chenjunwu12

eldnl wrote:

There are two problems with hyperdashes and doubletime ...

- First off, when a song have hyperdashes without mods, some of them dissapear when you play with doubletime, and most of them are uncatchable.
- In a second place we have the hyperdashes even when you play with dt, most of them are uncatchable too.

I have an example, please play this map with doubletime: http://puu.sh/13QUy

As you can see the first jump doesn't have hyperdash and is perfectly catchable, in the second jump we had an hyperdash which dissapeared with the doubletime, but it is still catchable; the third jump had an hyperdash too, but it isn't catchable with doubletime, and in the last jump we have an hyperdash even with dt, which is impossible to catch ...

discuss please.
lol
MillhioreF
Bumping because VelperK just made a new discovery.

Apparently, playing with vsync on at 60 FPS makes the fruits stutter on some frames, causing them to not fall, yet still letting the catcher move forward. This makes previously impossible jumps like the one on this map just barely possible, but only if you're not playing with 120 FPS or more!
Topic Starter
eldnl
^

do you mean like rainbow tylenol jump?
MillhioreF
Yes, exactly. It was already possible, but you have to be pixel perfect - apparently playing with 60 FPS gives you a few milliseconds of leeway.
Topic Starter
eldnl

MillhioreF wrote:

Yes, exactly. It was already possible, but you have to be pixel perfect - apparently playing with 60 FPS gives you a few milliseconds of leeway.
nope, that shit about miliseconds or frames or whatever does not exist, that jump is practically uncatchable with 120fps or more because the catcher stops in the next fruit, and because of that the next fruit is uncatchable. . . when you play with 60fps the catcher doesn't stop in the next fruit and keep going to the other fruit, not sure if you can understand this xD
MillhioreF
Oh, so you did do the jump with 60 fps... that explains it then! 60 fps makes pixeljumps catchable after all...
Topic Starter
eldnl

MillhioreF wrote:

Oh, so you did do the jump with 60 fps... that explains it then! 60 fps makes pixeljumps catchable after all...
nope ://
MillhioreF
Well okay, it makes some catchable, not all. The watashi map is literally impossible with 120 FPS, but it's doable with 60 FPS. I'm sure there's some pixeljumps that can't be caught anyway, and definitely really fast sliders can't!
Topic Starter
eldnl
I did the watashi map, is not that easy but it's possible just because there is a lag that let you catch the last note, really weird, probably peppy did something to this? o.o

Edit:

that lag is not normal

[suicide

Double time 8-)

Hardrock

Hardrock Double time!

ALL the fucking mods!
MillhioreF
It's been confirmed that this map's jump is sometimes catchable due to some weird song start lag... Supposedly it wouldn't happen if you placed the notes ~5 seconds after the song starts, but I haven't tested that.

EDIT: also hardrock makes hyperdashes appear, so it doesn't count
[suicide

MillhioreF wrote:

It's been confirmed that this map's jump is sometimes catchable due to some weird song start lag... Supposedly it wouldn't happen if you placed the notes ~5 seconds after the song starts, but I haven't tested that.

Does double time count? You do get a high velocity than normal.
Topic Starter
eldnl

Manchineel wrote:

MillhioreF wrote:

Does double time count? You do get a high velocity than normal.
that's why it doesn't count either
[suicide
Then we have a solution! use Hardrock or double time for the problem.
More score, more people happy. Also you'll gain more skill this way!
Genius.
VelperK

Manchineel wrote:

Then we have a solution! use Hardrock or double time for the problem.
More score, more people happy. Also you'll gain more skill this way!
Genius.
you retrograd person, stop trolling these kind of threads and gtfo.
you did the same with the ctb droplets thingy topic.
Seph
actually running on vsync 60fps makes my ryuuta move faster than it should be (or its just me) but i tried doing it on some pixel jump and i apparently caught that pixel jump on rainbow tylenol when i pause and switched from unlimited to 60fps. though playing on it makes ryuuta control hard as fuck
Topic Starter
eldnl

Seph wrote:

actually running on vsync 60fps makes my ryuuta move faster than it should be (or its just me) but i tried doing it on some pixel jump and i apparently caught that pixel jump on rainbow tylenol when i pause and switched from unlimited to 60fps. though playing on it makes ryuuta control hard as fuck
60fps is not faster, there is something different with the hyperdash I think.
VelperK
I'm bumping this. I'd really like to see it fixed since CtB is the most broken osu! mode as of now.

By the way, here's one simple example of an impossible jump: http://puu.sh/1jxet
MillhioreF
Here is an updated version of the Watashi map with three scenarios where hyperfruit fail to spawn:

*3-Note Jump
*Spaced Stream (same broken mechanic as 3-Note Jump, but in a more extreme scenario)
*Fast Slider

Note that the 3-Note Jump is catchable under some strange lag-based circumstances, but the others are definitely not (and the 3-Note Jump can't be caught without lag either.) Also included is a tick rate 2 version of Fast Slider, to show that hyperfruits spawn correctly when there are no small droplets involved.
Topic Starter
eldnl
peppy has something to say here? if you still don't understand the problem I could explain it in a better way.
peppy
It has been confirmed so is already confirmed. You need to wait until I get a chance to look at this (relatively low-priority) bug.
MillhioreF
Speaking of which, the doubletime bug was resolved long ago, so I'll change the topic name (unless someone objects)
DarkAngel101_old
:oops: :P :x 8-) :( :o ;) :( :arrow:
lol x2
Drafura
Stop spamming.

MillhioreF wrote:

Speaking of which, the doubletime bug was resolved long ago, so I'll change the topic name (unless someone objects)
Thank you.
Topic Starter
eldnl
Why is this low priority?, is the most visited thread, so most people want this, don't you? well, we just need to wait :z
MillhioreF
I think it's high-priority myself, but peppy disagrees (see his most recent post) and his opinion vetos mine :o
TheVileOne
This isn't high-priority because it's been a problem with CTB since CTB was a game. If it wasn't high priority then, it's not just going to become a focal point now. Old bugs are low priority compared to new bugs and trust me there are a lot of new bugs that can and should be fixed before this bug which everyone is already used to gets fixed.

One can thing of this from an accessibility standpoint. How many players does this bug affect compared to other bugs? There aren't that many "impossible" CTB maps, and there are far less players who can play these CTB maps anyways. Fixing this would only please a small group of players, while gamewide bugs/ bugs affecting wider ranges of people take higher priority.

Also this will require peppy to just drop everything he's doing and focus on nothing but this bug for a whole development day.
Drafura

TheVileOne wrote:

Fixing this would only please a small group of players, while gamewide bugs/ bugs affecting wider ranges of people take higher priority.
What about XAT trying to mod CtB diff wich can't even determine if the maps are FCable ?

I personnally see it as high priority for the sake of CtB mapping, modding and gaming, but I understand this bug is pretty tricky to fix cause determining a maximum non hyper jump too short could make a lot of maps too easy to FC, and using a too long one could not entierly fix the problem (well the problem is a bit more complicated than that but this is an easy way to explain why it's tricky to fix).
peppy
All the cases in MillhioreF's example map should now be fixed on the test build. Please test all cases (including other maps, as hyperdash may now be spawning in places it is not required, which may or may not need to be fixed).

I also added an alert when watching a replay which moves faster than humanely possible, which only displays on the test build. Might be handy for checking any replays you think may not be legit, and pointing them out to me in a PM for confirmation. Keep in mind this may be a result of lag, too.
Deif
Totally fixed for pixel jumps:

And for some maps with complicated dashes:

And this is just for fun ^^

Drafura
Detected a little problem with many sliders :

Taking this map as example :
http://osu.ppy.sh/p/beatmap?b=46477&m=2
00:22:537 (1,2,3) - those sliders have now hypers in the first beat and the middle droplet but the hyper isn't triggered when the player catch them. For this map I catched the sliders sometimes without the fix so basically they was catchable (with dash ofc) but I think they still need this fix since they was really really really hard to catch.

http://osu.ppy.sh/p/beatmap?b=27737&m=2
00:45:257 (1,1,1) - Kinda same problem some elements of sliders seems to trigger the hyper showed in the fruit and some not.

http://osu.ppy.sh/s/65294
01:28:530 (7,8) - Here it's a mapping problem. Randomness of the position of the droplet could be kinda annoying to map cause for the same slider speed/direction it's going to pop or not the hyper droplet (you can compare with previous sliders). Anyway the hyper isn't trigger when playing as in the others maps.
Seph
gg pixel jumps
show more