forum

Average hit %

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
bentyhunter
What's roughly the average hit % from player to player? I'm sitting at a 96.2% and i only really play insane (post 2010 insane i mean) songs. I'm happy with it but looking around at a lot of other players with better accuracy i feel i'm below average am i or not?
jesse1412
Honestly it's hard to measure, there is no set way to measure accuracy because it can only be judged based on the maps you play. Accuracy in itself is relative to the kind of things you play so I wouldn't worry about it.
silmarilen
its not hard to measure, its on your profile.
i dont know if you are above or below average compared to most people, but i would feel pretty bad if my accuracy was 96%
M i l o t i c
I am not happy with my accuracy when I look at ShaggoN's accuracy every time :(
jesse1412

silmarilen wrote:

i dont know if you are above or below average compared to most people, but i would feel pretty bad if my accuracy was 96%
someone who still plays easy songs and S's them for fun is naturally going to beat someone who only plays ridiculous maps, even with the new accuracy calculations.
lolcubes
You need to define "easy". Some players are better at jumps and fast pacing, some are better at streams. However most of the "mainstream" maps could be considered easy, or at least not hard.
silmarilen
it doesnt matter how you get your accuracy.
you have high accuracy or you dont.
lolcubes
Well it sort of does. It's not the same playing OD8 maps or OD6 maps. But what you said is in most cases correct though.
nrii_old

silmarilen wrote:

it doesnt matter how you get your accuracy.
you have high accuracy or you dont.
yeah have you seen cookiezi 98.87% haha so bad the kid should learn to acc
i mean look http://osu.ppy.sh/u/564191 some random guy in the top 500 has better acc than cookiezi haha cookiezi is so bad
thelewa
yeah cookiezi is a scrub player I'm a lot better because I have better accuracy all hail me
silmarilen
he has a higher accuracy indeed, the difficulty of the songs he achieved them on is not what this statistic is about, nor does it say anything about the actual skill of the player, thats what we have pp for (lol pp)
Tom69_old

silmarilen wrote:

he has a higher accuracy indeed, the difficulty of the songs he achieved them on is not what this statistic is about, nor does it say anything about the actual skill of the player, thats what we have pp for (lol pp)
The statictics give a wrong impression though. If they were measured in absolute time offsets Cookiezi would win by lengths. Lower ODs simply give the impression of having the same accuracy, while in actual timing one doesn't.
Aqo
OD should be disabled. All maps (on all difficulties) should just have OD10.
And map accuracy should only take into account circles, not sliders. Sliders are firetrucking free for accuracy.
Frizz
Good luck passing DR8 maps.
jesse1412
Really accuracy should be calculated by average ms from hitting a note perfect with a harder map giving a higher overall reward and a lower punishment while easier maps do the opposite. Even then it wouldn't be insanely accurate but it would give a good overview of peoples general accuracy. The results should be applied when a map is played regardless of whether you pass or fail or whether it was your best score. As with the current pp system older results would be weighted less over time.

Not that it matters, you can look at how a person plays and know whether they are accurate or not, but I think people care about their apparent accuracy right now so a system where accuracy can't be farmed up would probably be worse for them.
Tanzklaue

Aqo wrote:

OD should be disabled. All maps (on all difficulties) should just have OD10.
And map accuracy should only take into account circles, not sliders. Sliders are firetrucking free for accuracy.
yeah, then this game would be SOOOO much more beginnerfriendly, if you can't even pass easy maps :o
Sup A Noob
Hasn't the accuracy system been reworked, or at least is in the process of being reworked, already?
emaaal

silmarilen wrote:

ey fuck u
dNextGen
i dont have 96 accuracy

i noob

Hit Accuracy: 95.85%

:? :? :? :? :? :?
silmarilen
lulz u gys suckz0rs
show more