forum

Mapping Tools

posted
Total Posts
show more
McEndu

OliBomby wrote:

McEndu wrote:

So usage of sliderator to make accelerating sliders has recently been formally deemed unrankable, does it needs additional notes on it?
I could make a change to sliderator, so it can make rankable sliders.
Just a clarification is ok, editor is enough for rankable sliders. Just need a note that accelerating/decelerating sliders are not rankable (no one gonna use them for the ranked section)
Topic Starter
OliBomby

McEndu wrote:

Just a clarification is ok, editor is enough for rankable sliders. Just need a note that accelerating/decelerating sliders are not rankable (no one gonna use them for the ranked section)
I don't think it's necessary to note the rankability of Sliderated sliders in Sliderator itself. If someone wants to check if something is rankable, then the official ranking criteria is the first place they would go and with the new clarification it should be pretty clear that the current Sliderated sliders are not rankable.
dax20502
put it on mac plssssss
Topic Starter
OliBomby

dax20502 wrote:

put it on mac plssssss
Right now I'm decoupling the front-end and back-end code in order to let the back-end be a seperate package. That might make it possible to have Mapping Tools on different platforms aswell. However the process is taking a while because of an eternity of bad coding practices...
McEndu
Is it that it is hard for this project to migrate to .net core/.net 5 (if this is in .net)
Topic Starter
OliBomby

McEndu wrote:

Is it that it is hard for this project to migrate to .net core/.net 5 (if this is in .net)
It is written in .net framework with WPF which is a Windows only UI framework. To get cross-platform support I need to use some other cross-platform UI framework and redo all the front-end code.

After having decoupled the back-end it will be easier to port that to .net 5 and add any kind of front-end. I'm already planning to make a Discord bot powered by Mapping Tools and that's the main reason that I'm doing this decoupling right now.
GPR

OliBomby wrote:

McEndu wrote:

It is written in .net framework with WPF which is a Windows only UI framework. To get cross-platform support I need to use some other cross-platform UI framework and redo all the front-end code.

After having decoupled the back-end it will be easier to port that to .net 5 and add any kind of front-end. I'm already planning to make a Discord bot powered by Mapping Tools and that's the main reason that I'm doing this decoupling right now.
You can try take a look at osu!framework
Topic Starter
OliBomby

GPR wrote:

You can try take a look at osu!framework
I already know about osu!framework. It's definitely a good contender
Naoise
Is the website broken? It just loads a blank page for me...
Topic Starter
OliBomby

Naoise wrote:

Is the website broken? It just loads a blank page for me...
20 gigs of logs filled up the server. Its all fixed now.
dax20502

OliBomby wrote:

dax20502 wrote:

put it on mac plssssss
Right now I'm decoupling the front-end and back-end code in order to let the back-end be a seperate package. That might make it possible to have Mapping Tools on different platforms aswell. However the process is taking a while because of an eternity of bad coding practices...
oh. its okay I can wait
note: put it on wineskin osu!
McEndu

OliBomby wrote:

McEndu wrote:

I think just using the .NET Core ver. of WPF maybe a good intermediate step?
Zenoc

whats going on
sisig

Zenoc wrote:

whats going on
we wouldnt know because every other sentence is not in english
Topic Starter
OliBomby

Zenoc wrote:

whats going on
If you get an error like this or anything that tells you it can't find a certain method, try installing .NET Framework 4.6.2 runtime.

EDIT: Since Mapping Tools 1.8.4 you need to install .NET 5 Desktop Runtime x64 or x86 depending on your install of Mapping Tools.
Krzysiek009
Hello, I have a problem like in the image, I installed .NET for desktop apps, after it didn't worked I tried to repair .NET, I tried restarting my PC several times, installing the console app version, and I'm still getting that error. What should I do?
sisig

Krzysiek0099 wrote:

Hello, I have a problem like in the image, I installed .NET for desktop apps, after it didn't worked I tried to repair .NET, I tried restarting my PC several times, installing the console app version, and I'm still getting that error. What should I do?
try installing both 64bit and 32bit .NET thingies. worked for me at least
Krzysiek009
I downloaded x86 desktop app .NET and it worked for my 64bit PC, thanks ^^
Seijiro
Upon downloading both versions I get yet a different window tho:

Could this be due to what I installed? Ver 5.0.8?
Topic Starter
OliBomby

Seijiro wrote:

Upon downloading both versions I get yet a different window tho:

Could this be due to what I installed? Ver 5.0.8?
The version number should be fine. Make sure you install .NET Desktop Runtime 5, not just .NET Runtime 5.

If you have x64 mapping tools you need to install the x64 version of .NET Desktop Runtime and likewise for x86.
YEYHA
Is there one that works for Mac books?
Topic Starter
OliBomby

YEYHA wrote:

Is there one that works for Mac books?
You can use the web-based version of Mapping Tools which has a few of the tools or you could try running the x64 version of Mapping Tools with Wine, but there is no guarantee that it will work.
Gsun
Apparently, I can't download mapset tools because my computer deemed it unsafe for downloading. What is to be done about this problem?
gresial101
i tried it on my osu!mania map and when i used hitsound preview helper it ended up condensing all the notes to one spot and 70stars then when i deleted it and tried opening my export the export did not exist and i didnt upload it yet so i couldnt get the beatmap back
Topic Starter
OliBomby

gresial101 wrote:

i tried it on my osu!mania map and when i used hitsound preview helper it ended up condensing all the notes to one spot and 70stars then when i deleted it and tried opening my export the export did not exist and i didnt upload it yet so i couldnt get the beatmap back
That doesn't seem like something Hitsound Preview Helper should do, maybe you used it wrong? Anyways you can look for your missing beatmap in the backups folder created by Mapping Tools. It automatically creates backups of beatmaps you use the tools on. You can find the backups folder by clicking About > Open backups folder.