forum

Baku's Summer Double Showdown [Badge Pending, 2.5k - 25k]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Elzix

The BSDS - Baku's Summer Double Showdown - is a 2v2 Tournament, based on German/Austrian/Swiss Players. Two people have to be from one of those countries, the third one can alternatively be foreign.

Registrations | Discord | Challonge | Spreadsheet

A team needs 2 German/Austrian/Swiss flagged Players at least, a third one could alternatively be foreign.
The tournament is strictly going to be played in Team Vs, Score v2, 2v2 format.
The tournament will be played in Double Elimination.
The qualifier Results determinate the bracket matchups.
Grand Finals will have a bracket reset if the team coming from loser bracket wins the first match.
A Badge Weighting System is going to be used.

A team has to consist of at least 2 German Speaking Players, additionally a third.
The third player is allowed to be foreign, as long as he’s available to play on daytime, in the German Timezone (UTC+2)
If a third player is foreign, he has to be in another Rankrange: #7.500 - #25.000 BWS
If a third player is speaking german, he is allowed to be #2.500 - 25.000 BWS
The general Rankrange is #2.500 - 25.000 BWS

Extra Rule: If a third player is foreign, the Rank Average of all three Players do have to be over 5.000 BWS

There is a rankbuffer 250 downwards, and 750 upwards.

Since I'm afraid we won't get enough Signups, I allowed a third player to be foreign. Since I really want to keep the Tournament "German", I nerfed the rank buffer for the third foreign player.

“German Speaking Players” are players, who are having the flag of Germany, Austria, and Swizzerland on their profile. You’re not allowed to play as a "German Speaking Player", if your origin hasn't been German/Austrian/Swizz. You're eligible to participate, if you're living in one of the upper named countries, as long as you can prove it. Your current home has to be in Germany, Austria, or Swizzerland. If you have another flag on your profile, and you’re currently living in Germany, feel free to register and prove it to the host.

1. The match lobby is going to get created by the Referee. He invites the players. Teams are only allowed to stay as three in a lobby.
  2. The referee will be speaking english.
  3. The match format is strictly 2v2.
  4. Teams have a strict 10 minute grace to delay the match, if a Team isn’t able to bring up 2 or more players, the enemy team wins by default .
  5. Teams have two minutes to ban and pick, if a Team steps over the time the Ban is going to be accepted as None / The pick is going to be seen as forfeited map.
  6. Warmups are being skipped if one Team skips team.
  7. Maximal Warmup length: 4:00 min
  8. Picks are not changeable after the captain wrote the pick in the chat.
  9. If a player disconnects in the first 30 seconds of the map, the map is going to be replayed once.
  10. If a player disconnects in the middle of the map, but can prove that he finished the map in the multiplayer lobby, his score is being counted.
  11. If a Team disconnects multiple times in a match, the Referee has the decision to decide if a map is going to be replayed or not.
  12. Tiebreaker is FreeMod, doesn’t force the player to pick a mod.
  13. Streamers, Commentators and Designers are allowed to participate in the tournament

Registration open: 29th July, 16 UTC
Screening: 23rd August - 1st September
Qualifiers: 6th September - 8th September
Round of 16: 13th September - 15th September
Quarter Finals & LB1: 20th September - 22th September
Semi Finals & LB2/3: 27th September - 29th September
Finals & LB4/5: 4th October - 6th October
Grand Finals & LB6: 11th October - 13th October

The schedules may delay because of the Screening Phase.

BWS rank = rank^(0.99^(badges*(badges+1)/2))BWS Stands for Badge Weighted SeedingThe BWS System is seeding the player more accurate, based on the amount of badges they have.If a Player who has a badge signs up, he "ranks up"Each badge is worth more than the one before it

Sample BWS Values, click me! (big shoutout to steve_04_ to let me use it!)

1st Place: 2 months osu! Supporter each + Profile Badge [pending]
2nd Place: 1 month osu! Supporter each
3rd Place: a tight hug

Host: Bakugo-
Mappooler: deflateddolphin
Streamer: Bakugo-, AFKBRB
Commentator: Sylvarus, Bakugo-, AFKBRB, Malvin
Referee: LeoFLT, Ted, Green_Planet, Bakugo-
GFX: youi <- BIG SHOUTOUTS!!

More Staff to be added within the next week.

If you want to support the Tournament by staffing, or adding prizes to the pricepool, feel free to message baku#0911.
[Lucky]
OWO
im afk
Sieg
Topic Starter
Elzix
Regs are open!!!
layne
du
du hast
du hast mich
du hast mich gefragt
Lukiii
Mag mich jemand aufnehmen? <3

Falls ja, am besten einfach ne message übers Profil senden :D
Vitex
pog
Topic Starter
Elzix
Due to frequent questions, I changed the rankrange:

Rankrange edited to #2.500 - #25.000
A third foreign Player is now allowed to be #7.500 - #25.000
If a third player is foreign, the Rankrange over three Players does have to be over #5.000 BWS.
Karasmic
holy cow youi did it so much better than I did
Topic Starter
Elzix
discord updated rofl