forum

[Archived] Stutter on Song Select

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
wikipedia
Problem Details:
when i open the song select, my fps drops and it stutters way too much, which is really annoying

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIxoMEy0SB0

osu! version: 20190716.4
Death
Try restarting your computer.
Topic Starter
wikipedia
i did though

IT STILL DOES THAT
Death
Try leaving the game open on the song selection screen for a bit and see if that fixes the issue.
Topic Starter
wikipedia
it only stutters on open of song select though (then it stops a while after)
Death
Right, find a good chunk of time to just leave it open for a while.
Topic Starter
wikipedia
nothing works
Death
Does this happen when you have the default skin selected as well?

If you want to, try removing the osu!.db file from your osu! folder while you have the game closed and let all of your beatmaps reprocess when you restart the game.
Topic Starter
wikipedia
and its back
Death

Death wrote:

Does this happen when you have the default skin selected as well?

I'm going to assume you edited out your old response, which is not really the best thing to do because I have to guess context based off of that. If the solution worked for a bit and then returned, that information is typically useful.
Topic Starter
wikipedia
i tried with the default skin, it was happening, i deleted osu!.db and tried, it worked only once

send 10x speed to me
Death
Try enabling your frame time graph using Ctrl+F11 and get a picture of it right after you get a lad spike. The transition between the menu and song select is always going to increase your frame time a bit, so you might want to wait until it kind of clears to take a picture. Basically I just want to see what is spiking.
Topic Starter
wikipedia
https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/13602386/872d it looks like a mess of stuff, but hopefully you can make it out

edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIxoMEy0SB0 shows the "spikes" or "lag" in effext, if that is useful atleast?

edit2: i re-installed, it seems to have turned it into an ant, but thats for now

edit3: it came back
Death
Can you try installing the game to some other location on your computer (so you don't have any beatmaps) and then see if you are still lagging?
Topic Starter
wikipedia
it doesnt lag without beatmaps which got me onto something
jrcrash
I told this to another guy in another thread, maybe it will help you too. Try changing the priority of the game and closing other applications.
Topic Starter
wikipedia
like i will ruin my in-activity streak of like 20 hours but sure

jrcrash wrote:

I told this to another guy in another thread, maybe it will help you too. Try changing the priority of the game and closing other applications.

i close most of the other applications when i play osu!
so yeah

very useless edit

edit2: nothing works lmao
edit3: it was a beatmap, but im probably gonna re-install my audio drivers sometime