forum

Ib

posted
Total Posts
show more
Dafydd
Damn I'm gonna try this. I'm a chicken but idc. :D
Angelique
I wanna play it but unfortunately I have to download the RPG4000 maker or something? Is there any other way that I can play it without using that? ._.
Topic Starter
Elly-chan

Angelique448 wrote:

I wanna play it but unfortunately I have to download the RPG4000 maker or something? Is there any other way that I can play it without using that? ._.
Uh, I didn't have to download it when I downloaded it. Maybe try PewDiePie's download or something? I re-downloaded it with his download on another computer without having the maker and It worked fine.

Dafydd wrote:

Damn I'm gonna try this. I'm a chicken but idc. :D
Go For It~ It isn't all in all that scary, it's more creepy and sad. ^w^
Angelique
Okie :D Thank you! Actually, PewDie was the one that made me want to play xD
Fight69

This totally made my day
nekogetzu
Oh hey an Ib thread on Osu! :D hoorah!
I really like this little game and I'm actually working on creating Ib desktop buddies (Shimeji) :U
Just thought it would be fun seeing garrys running around while idling on Osu -w- Gonna post a link here soon if anyone wants one.
Aoriki
So, I finished Ib (in 1-2 days) and oh my gawd...

; = ; so amazing.
KRZY
Been playing for the last three hours or so, scared the shit out of me but has been definitely worth my time. Wonder if I'll ever see all the endings without help
Sin_old_1

Fight69 wrote:

This totally made my day
Garry Gangnam Style!

I had no clue this thread even existed, well, I don't write a lot anyway.

This is such a nice game, you really get to like some of the characters. God knows I wanted to kick those mannequins hard, but I suspected Garry wouldn't survive the feat in the long run; preserving his health was first. Both BlindAlley and Ib-Memory are beautiful tracks, and Garry's event was just genius.

The thing I liked the most was probably the attention given to little details (Like the mirror breaking with Mary in your party)
Topic Starter
Elly-chan

KRZY wrote:

Been playing for the last three hours or so, scared the shit out of me but has been definitely worth my time. Wonder if I'll ever see all the endings without help
I'm sure you will, just od things you haven't done in previous endings or such and then i'm sure you'll get all endings eventually.

nekogetzu wrote:

Oh hey an Ib thread on Osu! :D hoorah!
I really like this little game and I'm actually working on creating Ib desktop buddies (Shimeji) :U
Just thought it would be fun seeing garrys running around while idling on Osu -w- Gonna post a link here soon if anyone wants one.
Ahh, yesss, link when they're done ahh >w< I hope there will be a mary too <33
Aoriki
I'm a replay Ib again and try to get the best ending...I want the good ending for Ib ; - ;
DoJu
I'm glad i only watched the first part of pewdies playthrough, otherwise it would have been spoiled significantly. I started playing, thinking it would be more of a scary game, but learned that it's more like a creepy-with-a-good-story game, which turned out to be great in my opinion. I hope the creator will make a new game/sequel that's longer than IB, i'd even pay for it.
Mogsy
Just finished getting every ending. That took me less than an entire afternoon of playtime (because multiple saves are the best).

I will say that I had no expectations coming into it, since I had no idea what this even was besides for a horror game. I left feeling satisfied, even if the story was rather simple and the game was rather easy. I'm glad that the story did not overly rely on jump scares as it went on, allowing more of its atmosphere to sink in and creep out the player, rather than try to give them a heart attack from sheer shock. The amount of flavor text in the game actually helped make this feel more like an actual world I was playing, and the interactions between Garry and Ib were fantastic. One who knows horror in general will have seen Mary's character arc coming, her being not actually human. However, the matter in which it was presented was still quite the nice surprise and the background behind her painting is just tragic. I did end up feeling for her when you burn her painting.

I really liked Ib. Now, let's see if art galleries are more creepy after playing this game.
Bread

Fight69 wrote:

This totally made my day
wahaha, where did you see this?

As for the game itself, I thought it was very well thought out and the characters were perfect :D! The only thing that bugs me a bit is the whole Ib x Garry ordeal. I mean they're cute together, but I just can't see them as a couple. To me, they have a nice brother-sister relationship that does not involve incest.

Oh yeah, and the endings I got in order were

Together Forever, Forgotten Portrait, Ib all alone (more than once), The one where Ib is forgotten.. I forgot the name and finally, Promised Reunion!

Good Game, I would definitely recommend to a friend/
Lunavista

Fight69 wrote:

This totally made my day
Bwaahaha
That's good. Very good. xD
Ib's just like... meh. Where was this at?
PaiYuri
I played it a month ago and like it quite much. Not as much as Yume Nikki (with which it gets compared often, even though they aren't that similar), but it's still one of the best RPG Maker games I played.

My favorite character is actually Ib. I'm not sure why, she is a silent protagonist after all. But Garry comes right after. While I don't hate Mary and do find her rather sympathetic, I still view her as villain. Getting chased with a knife can do that.

Breadly wrote:

As for the game itself, I thought it was very well thought out and the characters were perfect :D! The only thing that bugs me a bit is the whole Ib x Garry ordeal. I mean they're cute together, but I just can't see them as a couple. To me, they have a nice brother-sister relationship that does not involve incest.
I don't see why this would bug you. The game never played them up as a couple. At least, I don't see anything that suggests that Garry's interest in Ib is more than platonic.
Bread

Nyarlor wrote:

I don't see why this would bug you. The game never played them up as a couple. At least, I don't see anything that suggests that Garry's interest in Ib is more than platonic.
I meant the in the fandom of course. It bugs me because the game never portrayed their relationship as anything but platonic, yet there are shippers errywhere ;~;
Aoriki
/Game comes out, two main characters are all happy and together, after the game ends.../

PREPARE FOR NEVER ENDING SHIPPING!
-FireThunder-
Finnaly, im playing this game a month ago
im finding true ending but im got it :|
im think Together, Forever is true ending
but, im think again Mary is not a human and Ib's parents is Mary parents (it's make me to find the true ending again @_@ )
and im find this...
SPOILER
Promise of Reunion...

And if garry not kick the manequeen heads, this is happened in the mirror...
SPOILER

and..
synchronincity
I just finished the game and I would say it was really fun :) also:

-FireThunder- wrote:

Finnaly, im playing this game a month ago
im finding true ending but im got it :|
im think Together, Forever is true ending
but, im think again Mary is not a human and Ib's parents is Mary parents (it's make me to find the true ending again @_@ )
and im find this...
SPOILER
Promise of Reunion...
I'm pretty sure that the Promise of Reunion ending was the true and best ending. 8-)
By the way, has anyone discovered Ib because of Pewdiepie?
Angelique

synchronincity wrote:

By the way, has anyone discovered Ib because of Pewdiepie?
Yep, me "(>.>
synchronincity
Has anyone here also played Ao Oni? It's like Ib, only more on the surprise approach than the scary approach.
It's also a good game made by the Japanese.
Topic Starter
Elly-chan
BUMP. I want to play Ao Oni; i've seen walkthroughs and I know how it ends, though. Any new Ib fans since this thread's been dead? ;)
Foxtrot

synchronincity wrote:

Has anyone here also played Ao Oni? It's like Ib, only more on the surprise approach than the scary approach.
It's also a good game made by the Japanese.
Ao Oni is silly after awhile.
deadbeat

Elly-chan wrote:

BUMP. I want to play Ao Oni; i've seen walkthroughs and I know how it ends, though. Any new Ib fans since this thread's been dead? ;)
me \:D/
i was pretty impressed with Ib honestly. I was a bit unsure about it for a while, but when i finally got round to playing it. it was really good. only of 3 of the endings though. need to get the rest :3

also might try Ao Oni if its any good
_Ryu__old
GARRYYYY I LOVE HIM <333<#33<3
Foxtrot

_Ryu wrote:

Pizzicato

Dulcet wrote:

_Ryu wrote:

lol
RockStream
I love this game,really.
The Most Favorite Scene
The most favorite scene is when Ib read a book in a room,and Garry closed that book and said "Don't read that until you get older"(If i remembered that). If you don't know,there is a painting called "Separation" in that room.
That was making me laugh when Garry said that
SPOILER
Who have a clue of that book? :?: :?:
Tesu
Ib is the best game ever
Dr_Nihil_old
I really enjoyed the game. Loved how they portrayed the relationship between Ib, Garry and Mary ( Not that romance has to be involved, I just adored how they look together)
Aesthetic wise the game was pretty swell indeed. I enjoyed the rustic yet simplistic art style, and how they managed to capture Ib's and Mary's adorable demure look and more of an edgy type character for Garry ( though his personality proved otherwise)
As for my favourite characters, I kinda like them all to be honest.
Ib, though silent, has this cute, yet independant character portrayed by her interaction between the other two.
Garry is my home boy, man. Real bro, must I really say more?
Mary's story was just sad for me. I can't imagine how it feels to have freedom edging on just a milimetre away, while the concept of eternal solitude is just creeping up towards her, slowly yet surely.
My god, I can't just express how much I love this game, so simple, yet so fun.
Aoba
I remember playing this game and it took me 3-4 days, but then I did a run through in 5 hours. It's extremely simple but complex at the same time, and very addictive to play. I'll forever love this game.~ <3