forum

Skrillex - First Of The Year (Equinox)

posted
Total Posts
show more
Cyclohexane
It's not an issue of "should be approved instead or ranked" or anything.

It's an issue of the map doesn't meet the gameplay standards required. Instead of bitching, you guys should help out. There's plenty to say to improve this and get it reranked faster.

Alright Nold, let's do this. Here's a bunch of stuff you can apply in your ND1 diff. It won't break your flow, it won't make the map any easier, and it will keep its authenticity. You just need to adjust some stuff.

[ND1]
Just so you know, this beginning is quite well done. I wish to see more of that.
About the slider speed and combo colors, it worked well in Pluto, but that's a one-time only gimmick. Here, it really feels out of place, especially in the slow parts.
00:27:282 (4) - Reverse this slider so that you have consistant spacing throughout your triangle pattern. Plus it sends the player directly into the next slider.
00:40:524 (1) - Unneeded speedup here, it doesn't really fit since the music isn't really being emphasized. Just put a regular slider speed and you're good.
00:44:110 (4) - Make this a circle and stack it near the slider -- you're having one beat too many compared to the music.
00:50:041 (1,1,2) - Same for these -- keep a consistant slider speed
00:52:800 (1,2,1,1,2,3) - Same as above. Having them be regular slider speed doesn't break the flow at all; you're still having the spacing changes which are plenty readable.
00:57:282 (1,2) - You once again have one beat too many here. Just settle for a regular slider.
01:14:869 (1,2) - (and next ones) I feel these are very intrusive in the way of hitsounds and they really sound weird. Your choice as whether you want to tone them down or not.
01:23:765 (7) - Delete this circle and extend the slider's beginning to here.
01:24:800 (4) - Same as above.
01:29:765 (1,2,3,4) - From here on out, you're jumping from 1.50 to 0.75 SV which is really weird. Tone it down a bit. My best advice would be to keep a consistant slider speed throughout the whole wub section (it can work just as well, if you want to I can show you how) but you probably don't want that. Another option here would be to use, for example, 1.20 and 0.90 to make the slider speed changes more subtle, thus more readable. Give it a shot and see if you like it. Either way, you're gonna have to do some changes here. Remember, you can increase your spacing from slider to slider if you feel the need to (just don't go nuts with it.)
01:32:938 (1) - Make this into a circle and make the next slider (the red one) begin when this current slider ends.
02:29:972 (7) - Remove the circle and extend the slider's beginning to here.
02:31:007 (4) - Same as above.
02:31:558 (7,8) - I think you should reverse these two for better flow into the spinner.
Second wub section - The slider velocity changes don't seem to be as common here -- however sometimes the spacing gets pretty huge.
02:55:420 (1) - You're breaking the pattern you had going before! Place this at the top.
02:58:317 (1,2) - Extend these to the next purple tick to lock the player into a 1/3 pattern which is what you have at the end.

And that's it! Don't forget to have the SB fixed and whatnot, maybe name of the song, that kind of stuff, I think you already know what to do.
Apply at least most of these and you're good for ranking.
Aqo

Kurai wrote:

Ok, now tell me how people are supposed to know 01:28:938 (5) and 01:29:765 (1) don't have the same SV although they are both 2/3 long.
Yeah only realized this part later when looking in Edit. Disregard everything I say >.<! Keep up the good work. More slidertick is always better
No_Gu
来晚了 咋搞的
Ohrami
Both me and Tom were able to easily full combo this in our first tries. Don't see how you could think those sliders can't be sightread. Oh, right; most of osu!'s community sucks at the game ;)
Stefan
^haha. That argument. I don't say that it is bad or good.
Cyclohexane

Kyou-kun wrote:

Both me and Tom were able to easily full combo this in our first tries. Don't see how you could think those sliders can't be sightread. Oh, right; most of osu!'s community sucks at the game ;)
Dude stop people are gonna take you seriously
Ohrami

Mr Color wrote:

Dude stop people are gonna take you seriously
Hope so
ztrot
There are times when you should just keep your opinion to yourself and let the modders handle the issues, your only gonna make it worse with comments like that.
Nilsso

Kyou-kun wrote:

I approve of this, haha... To the admins: Go play some AR10-AR11 if u cant "read" the sliders. Oh! And get a new skin, bet ur playing with big ass 300 signs so u cant see anything.
those

Nilsso wrote:

I approve of this, haha... To the admins: Go play some AR10-AR11 if u cant "read" the sliders. Oh! And get a new skin, bet ur playing with big ass 300 signs so u cant see anything.
Well I hope you're glad the administrative team isn't based on ability to play. Also, having FC'd this (with default skin, just so you know) is not the reason why I bubbled this.
Nilsso

those wrote:

Nilsso wrote:

Well I hope you're glad the administrative team isn't based on ability to play. Also, having FC'd this (with default skin, just so you know) is not the reason why I bubbled this.
Sure seems like it sometimes :D
Topic Starter
Ulysses
hmm..
kriers
it's funny how when I was becoming an okay player I started thinking how stupid the modding system is. Then the more I learn about modding the more I am convinced I was so very wrong...
Andrea
I knew it would end like this, lol.
yeahyeahyeahhh
CALL 911 NOW!
Frostmourne
unrank due to file size of bg > ok

unrank due to typo > ok

unrank due to too much slider velocity changes > ;_;

Some maps are harder than this.
I saw some osu! standard players could get full combo even on hidden+hardrock.
just feeling bad that I tried this map many times to get fc on ND1(even I can't haha)

hope you Good luck on re-rank soon :oops:
Farex_old
Why is http://osu.ppy.sh/b/119021 ranked if this can't be ranked? Those slider changes are just as unsightreadable as the ones in this map.
They both even have hints in the description on how to read the map.
AngelHoney
Flask

yeahyeahyeahhh wrote:

CALL 911 NOW!
LKs
HA HA HA :roll:

if you oppose/critisize a map due to said reasons, please remember to post to every map's thread that contains same issues

or just simply shut up
Derekku
As someone else mentioned, the title should be "First of the Year (Equinox)". Make sure to uncapitalize "of" and "the", as well!

It's fine to have a storyboarded epilepsy warning, but the built-in one should be used as well. This flags the map internally and shouldn't be bypassed.

Kurai wrote:

The [ND1] has too much SV changes which make it unreadable, this is not sightreadable at first attempt. People are not supposed to know the song/map when they play it. The SV changes are fine, they fit the song, the problem is that it is almost impossible to guess when they will happen (you did something with combo colours, this is nice but not enough since they haven't a consistent meaning, and the player is not supposed to guess that they show a SV change).
This is not correct. Maps do *not* need to be sightreadable on the first attempt. I probably sound hypocritical since I wanted a sightreading rule last year, but it's really not necessary and limits creativity. The colorhax in the map is used beautifully, and the SV changes are obvious after a few combos of changing between white and red. I think that's it's obvious enough and does not need to be changed at all.

Kurai wrote:

Therefore you have to use slidertick rate 3 (better than STR 1 actually ...), it fits the song and will show when the SV changes accurately so that the player doesn't have to wonder when it will happen.
Tick rate 3 sounds horrible here. Sure there's 1/3, but nearly all of the sliders are too short for it.
wonders
what a nice map! hope no changes :)
Winshley

Derekku wrote:

It's fine to have a storyboarded epilepsy warning, but the built-in one should be used as well. This flags the map internally and shouldn't be bypassed.
I'm glad that I'm not the only one to point this out... ;_;

As I said before, flagging the epilepsy warning into the beatmap internally affects the "Disable storyboard" toggle from the Fun Spoiler menu. You can disable storyboard without playing it before, only when the beatmap has epilepsy warning flag turned on. Otherwise, epilepsy-affected players might probably not able to play this mapset anyway.
primrose
Why this map is unranked when I feel yesterday it was ranked?
Also please add epilepsy warning from the osu! built-in one, not custom, Because I cannot disable SB :<
Topic Starter
Ulysses
Huh.to be honest,If it had been those,Sakura to unrank my map,I had been going to be happier.But it was you,quite disappointed.
Huh,I am going to repair the error later when I am at home.On the contract,I am extremely uncomfortable to chaning the Tick Rate to3.Just madneses,sounds absolutely weird for me.On the other hand,it looks ugly as ass.Apology for bring rude,I can't hide my feelling.
Cyclohexane

Derekku wrote:

The colorhax in the map is used beautifully, and the SV changes are obvious after a few combos of changing between white and red. I think that's it's obvious enough and does not need to be changed at all.
When I first saw this, I didn't notice that red combos and white combos were supposed to mean different slider velocities, especially since the map has a dozen combo colors, some of which are really close to red (amen to the colorblind people who are going to have a field day with this map). It's not obvious unless you either a- Go in the editor to figure out what's going on or b- read the map description, and you shouldn't have to do either of that.
There's very little to change (my mod was rather extensive but it's all easy fixes and minor adjustments) to make this map perfectly sightreadable, and most importantly, more intuitive. I wonder why we can't have that.
OnosakiHito
I'm not even an osu! player but what is this again guys?
Even I can play ND1 well AS taiko player/mapper, those slider changes don't confuse me even a bit and it was one of the most interesting maps for me so far.
I don't get you guys, honestly. I can understand to unrank it for too big files or wrong SB, but changing slider speeds...? You overtake it with your view about maps. Immodarated. If the map is fine for players, why you as mapper don't keep it as it is? For the sake of playing.

school is calling unfortunaley, else I would be more specific.
Cyclohexane
why do people always assume changes are going to ruin the map when they might actually improve it is something I'll never understand.
Anyway, since it's like this, up to Nold to see if he wants to change stuff or not.
If he doesn't then that's fair game and I'll know what to do in the future.
Topic Starter
Ulysses

so you call it an unrankable issue?
Flask
Hi

http://osu.ppy.sh/s/62852

^ This map's BG is about 1.25 MB, it ranks b4 but no one complain about that.

Hey so why don't unrank that in that time? Or you just think 1.58MB has so many difference to 1.25MB?
Ohrami

Mr Color wrote:

Derekku wrote:

The colorhax in the map is used beautifully, and the SV changes are obvious after a few combos of changing between white and red. I think that's it's obvious enough and does not need to be changed at all.
When I first saw this, I didn't notice that red combos and white combos were supposed to mean different slider velocities, especially since the map has a dozen combo colors, some of which are really close to red (amen to the colorblind people who are going to have a field day with this map). It's not obvious unless you either a- Go in the editor to figure out what's going on or b- read the map description, and you shouldn't have to do either of that.
There's very little to change (my mod was rather extensive but it's all easy fixes and minor adjustments) to make this map perfectly sightreadable, and most importantly, more intuitive. I wonder why we can't have that.
I'm red/green colorblind and it makes perfect sense to me. I can easily discern the colors. The only people who would likely have an issue are people who are entirely colorblind (only see monochrome). However, there's many other things entirely colorblind people would probably take more issue with in this game.
Topic Starter
Ulysses

Mr Color wrote:

It's not an issue of "should be approved instead or ranked" or anything.

It's an issue of the map doesn't meet the gameplay standards required. Instead of bitching, you guys should help out. There's plenty to say to improve this and get it reranked faster.

Alright Nold, let's do this. Here's a bunch of stuff you can apply in your ND1 diff. It won't break your flow, it won't make the map any easier, and it will keep its authenticity. You just need to adjust some stuff.

[ND1]
Just so you know, this beginning is quite well done. I wish to see more of that.
About the slider speed and combo colors, it worked well in Pluto, but that's a one-time only gimmick. Here, it really feels out of place, especially in the slow parts.
00:27:282 (4) - Reverse this slider so that you have consistant spacing throughout your triangle pattern. Plus it sends the player directly into the next slider. :arrow: No,since it really breaks my pattern.Since 00:26:869 (3) includes a drum hit so (2)<--->(3) spacing should be bigger than (3)<--(4)
00:40:524 (1) - Unneeded speedup here, it doesn't really fit since the music isn't really being emphasized. Just put a regular slider speed and you're good. :arrow: I don't think so,it's colour is red it's readable and the song"gegegoo" sounds so fast and sudden .The aim of putting it as a faster slider speed is to fit the song well.
00:44:110 (4) - Make this a circle and stack it near the slider -- you're having one beat too many compared to the music. :arrow: Why
00:50:041 (1,1,2) - Same for these -- keep a consistant slider speed :arrow: As above
00:52:800 (1,2,1,1,2,3) - Same as above. Having them be regular slider speed doesn't break the flow at all; you're still having the spacing changes which are plenty readable. :arrow: As above
00:57:282 (1,2) - You once again have one beat too many here. Just settle for a regular slider. :arrow: As above
01:14:869 (1,2) - (and next ones) I feel these are very intrusive in the way of hitsounds and they really sound weird. Your choice as whether you want to tone them down or not. :arrow: What do you mean.
01:23:765 (7) - Delete this circle and extend the slider's beginning to here. :arrow:
01:24:800 (4) - Same as above.
01:29:765 (1,2,3,4) - From here on out, you're jumping from 1.50 to 0.75 SV which is really weird. Tone it down a bit. My best advice would be to keep a consistant slider speed throughout the whole wub section (it can work just as well, if you want to I can show you how) but you probably don't want that. Another option here would be to use, for example, 1.20 and 0.90 to make the slider speed changes more subtle, thus more readable. Give it a shot and see if you like it. Either way, you're gonna have to do some changes here. Remember, you can increase your spacing from slider to slider if you feel the need to (just don't go nuts with it.) :arrow: No since it doesn't gfit at all.
01:32:938 (1) - Make this into a circle and make the next slider (the red one) begin when this current slider ends. :arrow: no,01:32:938 (1) - sounds slow so I put it white(slow)
02:29:972 (7) - Remove the circle and extend the slider's beginning to here. :arrow: as above
02:31:007 (4) - Same as above. :arrow: same as above
02:31:558 (7,8) - I think you should reverse these two for better flow into the spinner. :arrow: I don't think so,it breaks my pattern not improve.
Second wub section - The slider velocity changes don't seem to be as common here -- however sometimes the spacing gets pretty huge. :arrow: so?
02:55:420 (1) - You're breaking the pattern you had going before! Place this at the top. :arrow: ? I think my pattern is better than yours.
02:58:317 (1,2) - Extend these to the next purple tick to lock the player into a 1/3 pattern which is what you have at the end.

And that's it! Don't forget to have the SB fixed and whatnot, maybe name of the song, that kind of stuff, I think you already know what to do.
Apply at least most of these and you're good for ranking.
overmodding isn't a good thing ok?
Topic Starter
Ulysses

Derekku wrote:

As someone else mentioned, the title should be "First of the Year (Equinox)". Make sure to uncapitalize "of" and "the", as well!

It's "First Of The Year (Equinox)"(with cap of all words) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cXDgFwE13g

sb:done
Regou
>.< please rerank this :cry:
Bass

Flask wrote:

Hi

http://osu.ppy.sh/s/62852

^ This map's BG is about 1.25 MB, it ranks b4 but no one complain about that.

Hey so why don't unrank that in that time? Or you just think 1.58MB has so many difference to 1.25MB?

Because mapper is a MAT and he has immunity so everyone should stfu :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Topic Starter
Ulysses
Don't offense Chewin please.><
Chewin is a good man.And the map has been ranked for a long time><
Bass
I was kidding.
Kawayi Rika
Hi ~ nold ~ :)

Kurai call me check this map ~ just few thing ~

Red : Must be fixed
Pink : Should be fixed
Purple : Just suggestions

[ND1]

1. 01:14:869 (1,2) - The whistle sound really noisy to me,reduce some volume pls.
  2. 01:18:179 (1,2) - ^
  3. 02:21:076 (3,4) - ^
  4. 02:24:386 (1,2) - ^
  5. 02:29:352 (5) - ^
  6. 02:34:869 (3,5) - Make no touch blanket,here is code.
    SPOILER
    36,216,154869,1,8,0:0:0
    144,44,155007,1,8,0:0:0
    24,124,155145,2,2,B|52:140|52:140|32:148|32:148|64:132|136:184|96:256,1,200.000007629395,10|0,0:0|0:0,0:0:0

[INnold]

1. 01:15:558 (5) - Stack on 01:16:110 (1),looks better to me.
  2. 01:56:662 (1) - The whistle sound really noisy to me,reduce some volume pls.

[FL]

1. AR+1 is better.

That's all ~ Amazing map ~ Call me back ~ ;)
Topic Starter
Ulysses

Kawayi Rika wrote:

Hi ~ nold ~ :)

Kurai call me check this map ~ just few thing ~

Red : Must be fixed
Pink : Should be fixed
Purple : Just suggestions

[ND1]

1. 01:14:869 (1,2) - The whistle sound really noisy to me,reduce some volume pls.
  2. 01:18:179 (1,2) - ^
  3. 02:21:076 (3,4) - ^
  4. 02:24:386 (1,2) - ^
  5. 02:29:352 (5) - ^ :arrow: Hmm,okay
  6. 02:34:869 (3,5) - Make no touch blanket,here is code. :arrow: okay :3
    SPOILER
    36,216,154869,1,8,0:0:0
    144,44,155007,1,8,0:0:0
    24,124,155145,2,2,B|52:140|52:140|32:148|32:148|64:132|136:184|96:256,1,200.000007629395,10|0,0:0|0:0,0:0:0

[INnold]

1. 01:15:558 (5) - Stack on 01:16:110 (1),looks better to me. :arrow: Hmm I think the crruent one is more aesthetic
  2. 01:56:662 (1) - The whistle sound really noisy to me,reduce some volume pls.
:arrow: Done

[FL]

1. AR+1 is better.
:arrow: I think this AR is fine lol

That's all ~ Amazing map ~ Call me back ~ ;)
Thanks for mod :3333
Cyclohexane
Well, I gave that a try. Now I have no regrets.
show more