forum

Getting worse after only 2 days

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
blizzo
I recently switched to a new keyboard and I noticed a significant increase in skill. But as of today, and a bit of yesterday, I am not doing as good. At all. What is going on? Have I lost skill within two days, or is there something up with my mindset?
Ska
thats normal, everyone has bad days, even if you're not playing at your best, you're still improving

just try and dont compare yourself from a bad day to yourself from a good day, keep trying to get good so the bad day version of yourself is better than your old good day version

in short, dont stress too much and keep your head up, tis is mostly just mental and with the right mindset you'll be oke
Yyorshire
happens all the time, due to a number of factors you won't always play at your best

to maximize the amount of time you play at your best, it best to take breaks for a couple days after sessions where you push yourself to let your hands heal, 2 to 3 days should be enough for safe playing
Topic Starter
blizzo
Thanks
abraker
my bad days last entire weeks. Don't sweat it lol
Bobbias
My bad days have lasted for like 3 years now.

All joking aside, shit happens. You cant always play at your best. Hell, it's common to hit skill walls where you basically stop improving for weeks or months at a time (or in my case, years).

The only way you will get better is just to keep playing regularly. Maybe not every day, especially if you have long sessions, but playing regularly helps keep you from getting rusty from lack of play, and will slowly build your skills up even when it feels like your not getting better much.