forum

Help to improve this map?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
NEKOBREAD
https://osu.ppy.sh/beatmapsets/1007050#osu/2107669

Any constructive criticism is fine, I really want this map to be ranked someday, so I beg for help
xenal

NEKOBREAD wrote:

I really want this map to be ranked someday

You won't

This map barely follows music, structure is thrown out of the window, circles where there is no sounds at all, AIMod is filled with bad stuff. And then there is extra, which is an other story... Also stop having your spinner on same tick as an other object (unrankable btw)
Topic Starter
NEKOBREAD

xenal wrote:

[quote="NEKOBREAD"I really want this map to be ranked someday

You won't

This map barely follows music, structure is thrown out of the window, circles where there is no sounds at all, AIMod is filled with bad stuff. And then there is extra, which is an other story... Also stop having your spinner on same tick as an other object (unrankable btw)[/quote]

Changed spinner, checked AIMod and fixed it all, about structure, I'll need some more information to be able to fix it(since following those ''structure'' doesn't make enough stars), extra and light insane isn't even close to be finished, like it's said, it's WIP, the only difficulty it's barely in the end to be done is Insane.
Endaris
If you ask for help with a WIP set, you should always tell very specifically what you want people to look at and what you need help with.
Like right now what I see without any further comment of yours is that the Light Insane and Insane have an identical start, almost all sliders on the Light Insane are unsnapped which are absolute red flags that give the impression that you weren't even trying to make the set proper.

For your Insane your rhythm decisions are questionable to say the least. You don't focus enough on the actual details and drums in the background that allow for more dense mapping but instead use a very straightforward melody-based approach which often does not play fluently in higher difficulties, especially given the relatively low speed here. For example, why do you map a circle at 00:09:729 - when the sound there is barely audible even with lowered playback rate but completely ignore the prominent drumkick at 00:09:948 - and the more audible drum sounds at 00:10:824 - 00:10:934 - etc.
The part from 00:18:160 - to 00:24:729 - specifically looks like it belongs into a Hard or even Normal difficultywise, given the rich sound the song produces here, giving plenty opportunities to map more difficult rhythms more appropriate for an Insane difficulty.
Add to this questional aesthetic choices (or rather mistakes?) like 00:52:758 (4,5,6,7,8) - (seemingly random spacing changes in the quint) and 00:59:765 (1,2,3,4) - (messed up stack).
Overall my verdict on that Insane difficulty would be that it is flawed in design and should be remapped with a more specific idea on what that difficulty is supposed to do.

If you want this to get ranked, you should check at first what difficulties you need so you can figure out which difficulty should operate at which level of rhythm complexity in order to get a balanced spread in the end. Personally I'd recommend you to map from bottom up as I find it easier to reference the next lower difficulty to figure out whether a pattern is appropriate for my new diff or not.
Topic Starter
NEKOBREAD

Endaris wrote:

If you ask for help with a WIP set, you should always tell very specifically what you want people to look at and what you need help with.
Like right now what I see without any further comment of yours is that the Light Insane and Insane have an identical start, almost all sliders on the Light Insane are unsnapped which are absolute red flags that give the impression that you weren't even trying to make the set proper.

For your Insane your rhythm decisions are questionable to say the least. You don't focus enough on the actual details and drums in the background that allow for more dense mapping but instead use a very straightforward melody-based approach which often does not play fluently in higher difficulties, especially given the relatively low speed here. For example, why do you map a circle at 00:09:729 - when the sound there is barely audible even with lowered playback rate but completely ignore the prominent drumkick at 00:09:948 - and the more audible drum sounds at 00:10:824 - 00:10:934 - etc.
The part from 00:18:160 - to 00:24:729 - specifically looks like it belongs into a Hard or even Normal difficultywise, given the rich sound the song produces here, giving plenty opportunities to map more difficult rhythms more appropriate for an Insane difficulty.
Add to this questional aesthetic choices (or rather mistakes?) like 00:52:758 (4,5,6,7,8) - (seemingly random spacing changes in the quint) and 00:59:765 (1,2,3,4) - (messed up stack).
Overall my verdict on that Insane difficulty would be that it is flawed in design and should be remapped with a more specific idea on what that difficulty is supposed to do.

If you want this to get ranked, you should check at first what difficulties you need so you can figure out which difficulty should operate at which level of rhythm complexity in order to get a balanced spread in the end. Personally I'd recommend you to map from bottom up as I find it easier to reference the next lower difficulty to figure out whether a pattern is appropriate for my new diff or not.

Thank you! I'll try remapping it, the problem between light insane and insane is that insane was the first map, so, light insane was based on it. About the drums... what should I do? I wanted a 4* to 4.6* on this map, and I tried to spawn the hitcircles with some rhythm still using the sound of drums and bass.
Endaris
As I wrote before:
If you want it to get ranked, care about spread first.
Here's the ranking criteria, if you read through it, you'll be able to find out what difficulties you need.
Look at other maps to see how the mapping changes through the difficulties. Make a plan for your difficulties before you start mapping.
Topic Starter
NEKOBREAD
Thanks a lot, I have never thought about making a plan and such for the diffs, I'll try for now on, I wonder if I'll be able to do this and make a similar beatmap to the actual insane ver. (even if it's not the same diff), the ideas just come randomly in my head and I just do it lolll