forum

A Touch Of Class - I'm In Heaven (When You Kiss...

posted
Total Posts
show more
riffy
Well, awesome mapper. Awesome song. And forseen's mod (rare thing :D)
isn't it enough to star beatmap? :3

i like your avas
Topic Starter
ShadowSoul

-Bakari- wrote:

Well, awesome mapper. Awesome song. And forseen's mod (rare thing :D)
isn't it enough to star beatmap? :3

i like your avas
Thank You <3
riffy
hi

random mod :D

[General]
add ATC in tags
and add members in tags Joseph "Joey" Murray Sarah Egglestone Tracey Elizabeth Packham Livio Salvi

[Normal]
AR 3 is too slow. For Normal i want you to use AR 5. but normal is easiest diff here.. so.. try to use AR 4 (OD +1, too. Same reason)
00:51:259 - x0.5 slowdown in easiest diff? try at least x0.75 or make Easy >.<
01:34:244 (1) - too fast/too far after spinner for Easiest diff. :/ make Easy lol or try to use slider instead of spinner
01:51:707 (2) - i think it's covered with hiyburst and kinda hard to read. try to stack with 01:49:468 (2)'s tail :3
02:02:901 (1) - overlapped with spinner's hitburst (and too soon after spinner ;_;)

[Hard]
AR + 1 (now it's too slow, imo)
00:52:602 (4) - (nazi) try to make blanket slider? example
01:02:901 (1) - ^ ~_~ example
01:33:124 (3) - SV changes. so. put NC here to point out this SV change
01:36:035 (6) - ^
01:37:826 (3) - ^ (people will hate you if you won't do it. SUDDENLY SLIDER SLOWDON will kill them orz)
01:43:199 (4,4) ^
02:08:274 (5) - ^ orz

[Insane]
00:54:169 (2) - nazi: blanket slider here? example
01:33:124 (3) - same as Hard. point this SV change out.
01:55:065 (3) - nazi: looks better, imo

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

awesome!
Topic Starter
ShadowSoul

-Bakari- wrote:

hi hi :D

random mod :D

[General]
add ATC in tags
and add members in tags Joseph "Joey" Murray Sarah Egglestone Tracey Elizabeth Packham Livio Salvi

[Normal]
AR 3 is too slow. For Normal i want you to use AR 5. but normal is easiest diff here.. so.. try to use AR 4 (OD +1, too. Same reason)
00:51:259 - x0.5 slowdown in easiest diff? try at least x0.75 or make Easy >.< I don't see an 0,5 there
01:34:244 (1) - too fast/too far after spinner for Easiest diff. :/ make Easy lol or try to use slider instead of spinner Added a Slider
01:51:707 (2) - i think it's covered with hiyburst and kinda hard to read. try to stack with 01:49:468 (2)'s tail :3 Changed
02:02:901 (1) - overlapped with spinner's hitburst (and too soon after spinner ;_;) Deleted the slider

[Hard]
AR + 1 (now it's too slow, imo)
00:52:602 (4) - (nazi) try to make blanket slider? example
01:02:901 (1) - ^ ~_~ example
01:33:124 (3) - SV changes. so. put NC here to point out this SV change
01:36:035 (6) - ^
01:37:826 (3) - ^ (people will hate you if you won't do it. SUDDENLY SLIDER SLOWDON will kill them orz)
01:43:199 (4,4) ^
02:08:274 (5) - ^ orz
Changed All
[Insane]
00:54:169 (2) - nazi: blanket slider here? example No it's fine
01:33:124 (3) - same as Hard. point this SV change out. My fault , forgot this slider
01:55:065 (3) - nazi: looks better, imo k

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

awesome!
Thanks For Your Mod !
Kokatsu
As requested to motivate you. <<

There will be spoilerboxes for each difficulty, including my first try results when playing the current map, along with the replay for you to check out my mistakes and a comment on how i felt while/after playing the map. Please make sure to check those boxes so you can understand what I am trying to focus on in my mod! I used the "osu!-default" Skin in all maps, make sure to use that skin aswell when watching the replay!

General

You must shorten the .mp3, since the beginning (~19%), the break (~5%) and the ending (~7%) are unmapped and that's wasted filespace. Make sure to cut the .mp3 so that at most 20% are unmapped. (Prefferably, you could cut off the beginning and add a fade-in)
The Artist should be ATC, since that's the official name you find everywhere (even if it's the abbr. of a touch of class) and other ranked maps use ATC too, so please use that.
If you change that, remove ATC from the tags
add to tags: a touch of class touch the sky (that's the albumname)
All your blank .wav's are unusuable, since they are 0bytes, but you must use a 44byte file, prefferably the blankfile you can find here
arrow.png should be named reversearrow.png to be used as the custom reversearrow.
if you customize a spinner, you must customize all parts of it. add the following files: spinner-clear.png spinner-spin.png spinner-osu.png, you might take them from the templateskin.
Normal: 02:03:796 (2) - NC this to prevent spinnerbug.
As you can see in the following boxes, I had hard times reading the skin/colours, I would change at least the transparency on all circle and slidercomponents
I just HATE that soft-hitnormal, it hurts >< could you please delete it and use the default one? would sound much better IMO.
Speaking of hitsounds: they are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too loud. I found ~60% enough for such a calm song, and since your hitsounds are "nothing special" (pattern related), they fit better a bit more quiet.
I would also greatly encourage you to take brighter combocolours <<

Normal

Firsttry results, replay and a short comment
Playstyle: Mouse only

Download the Replay here!

Not much to say, it's well done, easy as it should be :) Good job on this one :3

01:33:124 - wth is this greenline used for? remove it pls. ><
00:30:662 (1,2,1,2) - I would prefer it, if the sliders would blanket the circles.
01:17:229 (6) - you missed the clap on the ending here D:
01:18:124 (7) - you could add a whistle on the ending here, too
01:36:930 (1,2) - copy (1) for (2) would look better IMO
01:48:572 (1,2) - ^

Hard

Playstyle: Mouse + Keyboard

From here on, the skin started bothering me. It may be the combocolours, but I'm quiet sure it was the skin. I dislike the black sliders, they are just lame. and ccolours blend a bit with the bg, i was confused alot. >< Oh, and those slowdownsliders are nasty as hell

I'm pretty sure that SV-changes should be noticable, you NC'd the sliders, but since they are like 99% black, one really doesn't notice it and there are no sliderticks that could help me to figure out a different lenght. Preferrably change the SV so that there is a Slidertick.

Why not start with a spinner, as in Normal?
00:32:453 (1) - as mentioned, I found that hard to read, really. covered by hitburst and that ccolour ><
00:52:602 (4) - do a real blanket ><
01:26:856 (4,5,6) - hard to see wether it are 3 or 4 notes, because of the dark combocolour and transparency
01:28:647 (4,6) - copy/paste/rotate and reverse selection from (4) to (6) ><
01:35:139 (2,4) - they should be on the same height.
and all the sliders mentioned b4 ><

Insane

Playstyle: Tablet + Keyboard

Again, I had troubles with the skin and the jumps felt a bit random.

In the chorus, you NC on "heaven" and "when you", so that the following "kiss me", which consists of the epic slow slider, isn't "highlighted" with the NC, because you had (1,2) and (1,2) b4 as NC, you will expect the NC at this place. You don't know what I mean, so just do the following: everytime there is "heaven when you" in the music, keep it in a single combo, so that the following slow slider can get a NC that actually strikes you.

00:30:662 (1,2) - blanket?
00:37:378 (2,3) - the combination of the curved and the "spiked" slider feels awkward, i would suggest you to make both curved
01:00:662 (6) - hard to see because of hitburst, but the followpoint helps out a lot D:
01:08:721 (5) - ^
01:27:304 (2) - HITBURRRST :D
01:55:960 (1,2,3,5) - must..blanket..D:
02:07:378 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - would look much better if centered ((1) and (8) in the middle of the playfield, hurrdurr), you probably have to reshape/move the previous sliders to achiev that.

That's it <<
Take my star, I'm out. TO THE BATCAVE!!! /o/
Topic Starter
ShadowSoul
SPOILER

Kokatsu wrote:

As requested to motivate you. <<

There will be spoilerboxes for each difficulty, including my first try results when playing the current map, along with the replay for you to check out my mistakes and a comment on how i felt while/after playing the map. Please make sure to check those boxes so you can understand what I am trying to focus on in my mod! I used the "osu!-default" Skin in all maps, make sure to use that skin aswell when watching the replay!

General

You must shorten the .mp3, since the beginning (~19%), the break (~5%) and the ending (~7%) are unmapped and that's wasted filespace. Make sure to cut the .mp3 so that at most 20% are unmapped. (Prefferably, you could cut off the beginning and add a fade-in)
The Artist should be ATC, since that's the official name you find everywhere (even if it's the abbr. of a touch of class) and other ranked maps use ATC too, so please use that.
If you change that, remove ATC from the tags
add to tags: a touch of class touch the sky (that's the albumname)
All your blank .wav's are unusuable, since they are 0bytes, but you must use a 44byte file, prefferably the blankfile you can find here
arrow.png should be named reversearrow.png to be used as the custom reversearrow.
if you customize a spinner, you must customize all parts of it. add the following files: spinner-clear.png spinner-spin.png spinner-osu.png, you might take them from the templateskin.
Normal: 02:03:796 (2) - NC this to prevent spinnerbug.
As you can see in the following boxes, I had hard times reading the skin/colours, I would change at least the transparency on all circle and slidercomponents
I just HATE that soft-hitnormal, it hurts >< could you please delete it and use the default one? would sound much better IMO.
Speaking of hitsounds: they are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too loud. I found ~60% enough for such a calm song, and since your hitsounds are "nothing special" (pattern related), they fit better a bit more quiet.
I would also greatly encourage you to take brighter combocolours <<
Talked about this on Irc. Changed some things.

Normal

Playstyle: Mouse only

Not much to say, it's well done, easy as it should be :) Good job on this one :3

01:33:124 - wth is this greenline used for? remove it pls. >< yea
00:30:662 (1,2,1,2) - I would prefer it, if the sliders would blanket the circles. changed it
01:17:229 (6) - you missed the clap on the ending here D: nope but whistle :)
01:18:124 (7) - you could add a whistle on the ending here, too suure
01:36:930 (1,2) - copy (1) for (2) would look better IMO ~
01:48:572 (1,2) - ^ ~

Hard

Playstyle: Mouse + Keyboard

From here on, the skin started bothering me. It may be the combocolours, but I'm quiet sure it was the skin. I dislike the black sliders, they are just lame. and ccolours blend a bit with the bg, i was confused alot. >< Oh, and those slowdownsliders are nasty as hell

I'm pretty sure that SV-changes should be noticable, you NC'd the sliders, but since they are like 99% black, one really doesn't notice it and there are no sliderticks that could help me to figure out a different lenght. Preferrably change the SV so that there is a Slidertick.

Why not start with a spinner, as in Normal?
00:32:453 (1) - as mentioned, I found that hard to read, really. covered by hitburst and that ccolour >< no change
00:52:602 (4) - do a real blanket >< k
01:26:856 (4,5,6) - hard to see wether it are 3 or 4 notes, because of the dark combocolour and transparency changed some
01:28:647 (4,6) - copy/paste/rotate and reverse selection from (4) to (6) >< no sorry i like it :D
01:35:139 (2,4) - they should be on the same height. woops
and all the sliders mentioned b4 ><

Insane

Playstyle: Tablet + Keyboard

Again, I had troubles with the skin and the jumps felt a bit random.

In the chorus, you NC on "heaven" and "when you", so that the following "kiss me", which consists of the epic slow slider, isn't "highlighted" with the NC, because you had (1,2) and (1,2) b4 as NC, you will expect the NC at this place. You don't know what I mean, so just do the following: everytime there is "heaven when you" in the music, keep it in a single combo, so that the following slow slider can get a NC that actually strikes you.

00:30:662 (1,2) - blanket? Nope lol
00:37:378 (2,3) - the combination of the curved and the "spiked" slider feels awkward, i would suggest you to make both curved agreed
01:00:662 (6) - hard to see because of hitburst, but the followpoint helps out a lot D: ehehe :P
01:08:721 (5) - ^ ^
01:27:304 (2) - HITBURRRST :D But this way is kinda obvious :)
01:55:960 (1,2,3,5) - must..blanket..D: noooo D:
02:07:378 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - would look much better if centered ((1) and (8) in the middle of the playfield, hurrdurr), you probably have to reshape/move the previous sliders to achiev that. No it looks better like this to me :)

That's it <<
Take my star, I'm out.Thanks for mod TO THE BATCAVE!!! /o/
Nemis
Hello ss :)

Normal
I think that there is a huge mistake :E you used the background music to place the objects, but the new combos are connected to the voice... so you need to remake all new combos (except the beginning)
Objects and other are perfect

Hard
01:06:483 (3,4,5,6) - you should put them as the screen and the other beats
01:58:871 (1) - new combo
01:58:871 (1,2) - remove new combo
02:08:274 (5) - remove new combo

Insane
00:36:483 (2,3,4) - you should space them correctly
01:08:274 (3,4,5,6,7,1) - you shold space them correctly
01:27:527 (3) - move it 2 square to right in the grid level and remake the square after this slider
02:08:721 (7) - move it 2 square to up in the grid level

good luck :3
Topic Starter
ShadowSoul

Nemis wrote:

Normal
I think that there is a huge mistake :E you used the background music to place the objects, but the new combos are connected to the voice... so you need to remake all new combos (except the beginning)

Hard
01:06:483 (3,4,5,6) - you should put them as the screen and the other beats I don't get what u mean ..
01:58:871 (1) - new combo I don't agree
01:58:871 (1,2) - remove new combo I don't agree
02:08:274 (5) - remove new combo I don't agree

Insane
00:36:483 (2,3,4) - you shold space them correctly I wanted it like that
01:08:274 (3,4,5,6,7,1) - you shold space them correctly I wanted it like that
01:27:527 (3) - move it 2 square to right in the grid level and remake the square after this slider Noo it's fine :)
02:08:721 (7) - move it 2 square to up in the grid level Oh Yea thanks

Dark_Ai
Request per in-game
I know short mod orz x.x But I really like the map. Good jop!~
Here some suggestions

[Normal]

1. 01:51:259 (1,2) - 1 grid left and 2 grid down
  2. 02:00:886 (1) - delete the spinner and make this part like this http://puu.sh/WNaq If you want since I guess it's better

[Hard]

1. It's fine for me

[Insane]

1. 00:53:721 (8) - I would delete this note, it does't really fit there
  2. 01:10:960 (5) - ^ same
  3. 01:26:408 (2) - move 1 grid left or move 01:25:960 (2) 1 grid left
  4. 01:26:632 (1,2) - ^ same
  5. 01:09:393 (1) - 2 grid left
  6. 01:44:542 (1,2) - would make 3 grid up

Good Luck with rank!~ ;)
Nemis

ShadowSoul wrote:

Nemis wrote:

Normal

Hard
01:06:483 (3,4,5,6) - you should put them as the screen and the other beats I don't get what u mean ..
01:58:871 (1) - new combo I don't agree
01:58:871 (1,2) - remove new combo I don't agree
02:08:274 (5) - remove new combo I don't agree

Insane
00:36:483 (2,3,4) - you shold space them correctly I wanted it like that
01:08:274 (3,4,5,6,7,1) - you shold space them correctly I wanted it like that
01:27:527 (3) - move it 2 square to right in the grid level and remake the square after this slider Noo it's fine :)
02:08:721 (7) - move it 2 square to up in the grid level Oh Yea thanks

aw ok @-@
lol bad english and i forgot the link! you should put them as the screen and fix the beats after (screen)
Topic Starter
ShadowSoul

Dark_Ai wrote:

Request per in-game
I know short mod orz x.x But I really like the map. Good jop!~
Here some suggestions

[Normal]

1. 01:51:259 (1,2) - 1 grid left and 2 grid down
  2. 02:00:886 (1) - delete the spinner and make this part like this http://puu.sh/WNaq If you want since I guess it's better
[/color]
Noo I like the Spinner

[Hard]

1. It's fine for me

[Insane]

1. 00:53:721 (8) - I would delete this note, it does't really fit there
Nope 01:10:960 (5) - ^ same No01:26:408 (2) - move 1 grid left or move 01:25:960 (2) 1 grid left ok01:26:632 (1,2) - ^ same ok01:09:393 (1) - 2 grid left yea01:44:542 (1,2) - would make 3 grid up[/color]No i wanted them like this :)

Good Luck with rank!~ ;)
Thank you <3
DampfNudel
Hey,

Ich finde nichts tut mir leid D:
nur kleinigkeiten die ich dir jetzt IRC sage xD

Die Map ist super x3 In meinen Augen kann man das sofort ranken aber auch nur in meinen :3

Viel Glück
Armin
[General]

* You cannot have a silenced hitsound that is 0 bytes, 44 bytes is the minimum reccomended: http://up.ppy.sh/files/blank.wav
* arrow.png woun't be used in the skin unless you rename it properly (maybe you wanted to write "reversearrow.png?")
* You have the following missing skin files: reversearrow.png spinner-clear.png spinner-spin.png spinner-osu.png
* Your map starts at 0:20 seconds, you could cut it since the intro is kinda annoying and you already did it with the end of the song

[Normal]

Overall: you used a boring, boring rhythm. This usually breaks the flow and make the map static. 1/2 rhythm shouldn't be used for ALL the song, you could switch the rhythm following the vocal and the instrumental voice.

02:01:110 (1) - I'd move this 1/2 bpm ahead (1/1 rhythm) and I'd extend it of another 1/2

[Hard]

01:02:901 (1,2,3,4) - you are missing the whistle-pattern here (add a whistle on 1's start in other words)
01:36:035 (1) - unexpected slowdown :< would be nice a sb waring or somewhat

[Insane]

fine
Topic Starter
ShadowSoul

Armin wrote:

[General]

* You cannot have a silenced hitsound that is 0 bytes, 44 bytes is the minimum reccomended: http://up.ppy.sh/files/blank.wav I already fixed it , May i should full submit again
* arrow.png woun't be used in the skin unless you rename it properly (maybe you wanted to write "reversearrow.png?") Already deleted ..
* You have the following missing skin files: reversearrow.png spinner-clear.png spinner-spin.png spinner-osu.png Added them !
* Your map starts at 0:20 seconds, you could cut it since the intro is kinda annoying and you already did it with the end of the song If i find someone who can do this for me , sure

[Normal]

Overall: you used a boring, boring rhythm. This usually breaks the flow and make the map static. 1/2 rhythm shouldn't be used for ALL the song, you could switch the rhythm following the vocal and the instrumental voice. I remapped it a bit ;p

02:01:110 (1) - I'd move this 1/2 bpm ahead (1/1 rhythm) and I'd extend it of another 1/2

[Hard]

01:02:901 (1,2,3,4) - you are missing the whistle-pattern here (add a whistle on 1's start in other words) Fixed
01:36:035 (1) - unexpected slowdown :< would be nice a sb waring or somewhat I'll try to do it

[Insane]

fine
Thanks for your mod ! <3
Kokatsu

ShadowSoul wrote:

Armin wrote:

[General]

* You cannot have a silenced hitsound that is 0 bytes, 44 bytes is the minimum reccomended: http://up.ppy.sh/files/blank.wav I already fixed it , May i should full submit again
Lol, of course you should fullsubmit whenever changeing anything that doesn't belong to the .osu itself (in other words: if you add/delete files or change the storyboard, you MUST fullsbumit), I already fixed the things Armin mentioned and thought you would know that fullsubmit thing. <<
Topic Starter
ShadowSoul
Troll i did a fullsubmit , but something went wrong i guess
Cubex
Adorable Song.. i love it! just, like a cup of warm tea in winter.. k.. map is amazing too, JUST LOVE CUBEX' DIFF!, lol.. jk.
I gave star.. please.. rank this.. SOON! <3 :D
Lally
star for my baka :3
riffy
some kind of IRC mod

/me runs

maybe i'll finish it someday
[Alpha]_old
cute >w<
-s u i r e n-
ShadowSoul~<3 GL~
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.