forum

Physically incapable of streaming

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
ako122
I've been practicing streaming for around 3-4 weeks now and I can't stream over 165 bpm even constantly, my stamina is good and all it's just my speed that is horrible. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong as I've tried many playstyles, positions, tensing my arm and what not. Weird thing is about a week ago I was able to do 180bpm for an hour just randomly and then it just dissapeared and I don't know what happened. Anyone got any tips? This is driving me crazy.
MrSparklepants
I'm not the best stream player by any means, but my advice is to keep one playstyle/position and just start off with streams that you're comfortable with and gradually increase the speed.
Just be glad you have good stamina, my stamina is horrible.
Jefar

MrSparklepants wrote:

I'm not the best stream player by any means, but my advice is to keep one playstyle/position and just start off with streams that you're comfortable with and gradually increase the speed.

What he said. Switching playstyles repeatedly is probably the worst thing you can do. Stick with something you're comfortable with, and literally just keep practicing. There's no other way to go about it. You'll eventually come to the point where you didn't even realize how much you've improve. I'm also pretty garbage at streams, but I'm slowly getting better with more practice.

As for your spike in skill, it happens to everyone; I wouldn't think too much on it.
dung eater
Not switching you never learn what you like the best.

A break of 1-3 days might help.
UnnamedBeast
play with whats most comfortable and then practice speed by doing fast bursts (in your case something around 190-200bpm 5-10 note bursts) and get a lot of stamina on the bpm before the one you want to be good at (in this case, get a lot of stamina at 160 or 165 by doing really long streams)

also play for acc please
Topic Starter
ako122

MrSparklepants wrote:

Thing is that's what I did for the first few weeks that I practiced streaming, but I didn't improve anything which is why I tried different playstyles and such.

Also my stamina is a biproduct of me practicing so much, but 165bpm is not really that stamina hungry.
MrSparklepants

ako122 wrote:

MrSparklepants wrote:

Thing is that's what I did for the first few weeks that I practiced streaming, but I didn't improve anything which is why I tried different playstyles and such.

Also my stamina is a biproduct of me practicing so much, but 165bpm is not really that stamina hungry.

You really shouldn't expect to improve after only a week, you'll get better, just give it time.
Topic Starter
ako122

MrSparklepants wrote:

ako122 wrote:

MrSparklepants wrote:

You really shouldn't expect to improve after only a week, you'll get better, just give it time.

What, no. As I said I've been practicing for a month about 3 hours a day without improvement. Of course I don't expect to see improvement at a rapid success but I do expect something and not just nothing, especially because the bpm I can max stream is below average.
MrSparklepants

ako122 wrote:

MrSparklepants wrote:

ako122 wrote:

MrSparklepants wrote:

What, no. As I said I've been practicing for a month about 3 hours a day without improvement. Of course I don't expect to see improvement at a rapid success but I do expect something and not just nothing, especially because the bpm I can max stream is below average.

Just find a playstyle that is comfortable for you and practice, and what I meant was if you keep changing your playstyle you shouldn't expect to see improvement because everytime you change playstyle your basically having to relearn how to stream with said playstyle.