forum

Does osu! makes you become a singer/songwriter/etc?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
DerekMcD
How does osu! teach you to become a singer, songwriter, musician, play instruments, and other things are music. Because of the red/white ticks (1/1 or 1/2), makes you learn the meaning of how to music or play instruments. Like 1,2,3,4 and you repeat.

How about you?
roleykatsu
To this point the only thing I have noticed what osu! can teach you is how to quickly familiarize yourself with a rhythm/beat pattern of any song. But I kind of learned how to do that myself back in primary school, so realistically, it didn't teach me anything.
Licorice_old
Osu learned me to click fast.
nomen
Didn't teach a thing.
GladiOol

Licorices wrote:

that Osu university sounds pretty awesome if you learn there how to click fast

sounds like something my sletje academy needs
Vext_old

Yes, the Ohio State University can help you to become a singer, as well as play many instruments.
Topic Starter
DerekMcD

Vext wrote:

Yes, the Ohio State University can help you to become a singer, as well as play many instruments.
But I live quite far from Ohio State University/Ohio state here in USA.
awp
yeah you know people tend to live within or near the University they're attending

your current distance is irrelevant
D33d
It teaches basic rhythmic concepts. That's probably it. Even then, many people still struggle to create any form of rhythmic interest.
Stefan
It teachs me to listen and to stfu.
Jarby
I started writing music after playing osu! though I already had a good grasp of music theory from playing instruments in the past few years. osu! just makes you use musical terminology incorrectly; two semiquavers and another note following is not a triplet, 1/3 time is not compound time. Though there is the obvious benefit of having to pick apart rhythms to use, you get nothing out of it melodically.
yeahyeahyeahhh

Vext wrote:

People go to college to learn to sing? That's fucking hilarious.
thelewa

yeahyeahyeahhh wrote:

Vext wrote:

People go to college to learn to sing? That's fucking hilarious.
Isn't that only for lazy people who need to get to the minimum amount of courses needed?
Topic Starter
DerekMcD
But going to college to learn to sing is a very good thing, it's a part of your job opportunities.
Vext_old
I dunno about you, but thanks to my singing courses from osu, I will be singing everyday on the job while asking people if they need help picking cereal and encouraging them to sign up for a club card.
5 Bajillion dollars in student loans well spent if you ask me.
Dio Eraclea

Licorices wrote:

oh yeah xD
Bingeul Bingeul
Only thing I benefit from Osu! is how to keep rhythm and how to move faster :lol:
GeeNX
Thanks to osu! My speed of eyes improved, dunno. For some thimgs is good
UnderminE
Thanks to osu! or Taiko actually, my eyes are fucked.
GeeNX
Forgot, and double post because this deserves.
Thanks to osu, I feel what is the love....
thelewa
What is love?
UnderminE
Love is war.
thelewa
Wow you said the wrong words

FINE
UnderminE
I was planning to post DJ Angel's signature then noticed we are not in OT.
thelewa
goddamn I mixed the forums up again
Shohei Ohtani
osu! didn't teach me anything about my current music style. I'm still awful at writing music and playing osu! has taken away days and days of time I could have spent practicing.

But I used info I learned from being a musician to not be stupid as hell when mapping.
show more