forum

Should i switch to etterna

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
- Roman -
I recently quit osu standard and decided to give mania a try, i feel dumb for posting this on an osu forum but for anyone who has had experience with etterna, do you think its worth switching to? any benefits? is it easier/harder? any disadvantages? Thank you in advance.
MrSparklepants
Standard player here, but I prefer Etterna over mania mainly because the holds in Etterna are WAY easier than in mania, so I would switch to Etterna.
Ska
PERHAPS, just perhaps, you can play both

I play both from time to time and I havent died yet, so I'd say it's safe to do

etterna is especially better after you've gotten somewhat decent at the game because of pattern oriented packs and rates make it much easier to improve

for beginners though I dont think there's much difference from mania, since beginner patterns arent too complex, also I'd say mania is good if you want to start with 7k as well

wanting to play etterna just because the sliders are easier is for LOSERS
Yyorshire
osumania is an objectively easier game when compared to etterna (this is not a bad thing, and i don't mean it in any negative way you nerds who fight to the death over these games)

osumania is much more user friendly and less obtuse than etterna

etterna has more refined gameplay and is much smoother when compared to osu

etterna has IN GAME ADJUSTABLE RATE MODS (WOW SO INNOVATIVE IT MUST BE SO HARD TO IMPLEMENT)

etterna has veteran charters who make much more quality charts than the stuff you find on osu

overall i prefer etterna, but the game is undoubtedly geared towards higher end players, there is no wrong choice of game to play when starting out
abraker

MrSparklepants wrote:

Standard player here, but I prefer Etterna over mania mainly because the holds in Etterna are WAY easier than in mania, so I would switch to Etterna.
I love choosing noodle maps just to annoy sm players

THEN I GO FULL INVERSE BABYYYYYY

*sm players have left the chat
MrSparklepants

abraker wrote:

MrSparklepants wrote:

I love choosing noodle maps just to annoy sm players

THEN I GO FULL INVERSE BABYYYYYY

*sm players have left the chat

That really is evil...
Lights
I play both. Etterna is a more accuracy-centric style of engine than mania is (due to the inclusion of judge levels you can change at will).

The mapping style is a bit different in etterna as well, so you'll be able to practice some different types of patterning

Also, if you can get into the alpha, i recommend giving Quaver a try as well.

All of that said, osu!mania is an acceptable VSRG client, i see no reason to drop it entirely
abraker

im_Lights wrote:

Also, if you can get into the alpha, i recommend giving Quaver a try as well.
Impossible to get alpha test currently, but you might be able to compile Quaver from source and be able to play it that way.
Yyorshire
quaver as it is currently is not worth your time
ElectricZap9
bump

it there a rule to not talk about alternatives to osu!? like for e.g "if you main 4k, go play etterna" or "etterna has rates, it's easier to train for hard patterns" like saying these alternatives are better than osu! in any way could get you banned?
Lights

ElectricZap9 wrote:

bump

it there a rule to not talk about alternatives to osu!? like for e.g "if you main 4k, go play etterna" or "etterna has rates, it's easier to train for hard patterns" like saying these alternatives are better than osu! in any way could get you banned?
1. pointless necrobump

2. if there is a rule against it, i have no intention of following it.

3. if such a rule existed, don't you think this thread would have been locked?
[LS]PositoniX

ElectricZap9 wrote:

bump

lmao dude why would you necrobump a post just to shit on op for not following a non existent rule?

as for your question, no, there's no rule against it, and why would there be?