forum

Victorious Cast - Take a Hint feat. Victoria Justice & Eliza

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
LukerMaster
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on 22 września 2019 at 01:17:00

Artist: Victorious Cast
Title: Take a Hint feat. Victoria Justice & Elizabeth Gillies (Speed Up Ver.)
Source: Victorious
BPM: 164,08
Filesize: 8486kb
Play Time: 02:04
Difficulties Available:
  1. Not a Bearizm's Extra (5,73 stars, 500 notes)
  2. Not a fieryrage's Extra (5,73 stars, 446 notes)
  3. Not a handsome's Extra (WIP) (5,66 stars, 255 notes)
  4. Not a Kencho's Extra (5,24 stars, 473 notes)
  5. Not a Kroytz's Extra (5,96 stars, 495 notes)
  6. Not a Mazzerin's Extra (WIP) (5,4 stars, 290 notes)
  7. Not a Mismagius' Extra (5,84 stars, 460 notes)
  8. Not a Monstrata's Extra (5,6 stars, 496 notes)
  9. Not a ProfessionalBox' Extra (5,87 stars, 527 notes)
  10. Not a Sotarks' Extra (5,77 stars, 455 notes)
  11. Not an Ekoro's Extra (5,63 stars, 479 notes)
Download: Victorious Cast - Take a Hint feat. Victoria Justice & Elizabeth Gillies (Speed Up Ver.)
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Why ask for guest difficulties when you can make them yourself?

Serious explanation
For a long time I was curious "How it is to have an actual mapping style". I'm a type of mapper that fully adjusts to the song and tries to make every single one unique so I thought... Why not try to learn about mapping styles. After analyzing a bit of my library I tried to have fun and recreate other mapper's styles. For fun and mapping training~!

I am a mapper mentioned here
Great! You can leave feedback about if you liked the "not yours" difficulty I created and tell me if I correctly represented the song with your "idea". I did not mean to offend anyone with this set, if I seriously made "not your" map utter garbage in your opinion write a mod telling what's wrong. It's for learning.

Extended almost all diffs and added new mp3 (well ofc) so update if dl'd before 22.09.2019

My thoughts on the styles:
In order in which I made the maps. Creation times were measured to the end of first kiai.
Sotarks
Creation time: 12 minutes.

Example of full flow-oriented mapping style. Because of the minimal amount of effort put into aesthetics in this mapping style you can make a map really fast. Similar to "Arles" difficulties. I'd say visual part of the map should be at a little bit higher level than this to rank a map but who am I to judge?
ProfessionalBox
Creation time: 1 hour 5 minutes.

Warning: This is not SV 20x MLG 1/16 sliderart type mapping, it's what ProBox makes on less crazy songs (dnb's etc.).
Mix of great aesthetics with really good flow made mapping in this style very fun and in my opinion map itself is fun to play. Obviously overmapped here but generally great time with creating this one. I found out that ProBox (at least from maps that I checked) uses a LOT of overlaps to keep the flow fun, and to create a feeling of playing harder map than it actually is, thus making it more enjoyable. I tried to create something similar but man... "Professional" in his nickname stands for something. This guy can map.
Monstrata
Creation time: 3 hours 20 minutes.

THE HEXAGON GRID. Definetely the hardest and most IQ-demanding mapping style for me to master. It's my first map ever created with hexa-grid placement but despite it being quite limiting it really and I mean REALLY makes map so easy to manage and guarantees a lot of free space for objects (maths works this way). I enjoyed creating it (and remaping since I suck) and despite this style being repetetive from time to time it really is fun to work with and to play. Took me 85 million years too long to create but I ain't monstrata, and monstrata knows his grid dude. Oh, and I never thought I was gonna use an actual protractor while mapping.
Kencho
Creation time: 1 hour 32 minutes.

Mix of geometric placement and a little bit of freestyle, everything must have perfect blankets and a lot of overlaps.
Fun to map, not gonna lie. For any non-ridicolous 420bpm sliderart maps I'd go for this mapping style. Looks so professional, plays well and is perfect for dnb's, anime openings/endings, and anything that feels like a quite simple song. For someone like me - REALLY hard to master, since I'm too much into freestyle, but tried my best. Love this one anyway. I initially thought it is pure pp until I played it without DT and saw the beauty of pixel-perfect blankets, overlaps and patterns.
Mazzerin
Creation time: 50 minutes.

Honestly at the beginning I thought that this is just gonna be some troll map since this song is absolute opposite of what Mazzerin usually maps but in the end I think it is quite cool to play. I like that Mazzerin doesn't use just pure spacing to make maps harder but rather hard patterns in general. Harsh, edgy, linear sliders, 1-2s reversed to make more square-like jumps, lot of streams that change directions a lot - fun stuff and I'd really love to see him making a 5~6 star maps more often.
Kroytz
Creation time: 48 minutes.

I'd never thought that Kroytz's mapping style can be so fun to recreate. Once I looked at some of his maps and analyzed them I found out that such amazing aesthetics comes from such simple ideas of flow control. One circle to go from triangle to square then to star then to sliderart etc. It's hard to write here, easier to just look at the maps. I used a lot of this methods in my previous maps, so it was kind of easy to adapt to this style thus I made this map so fast. After remapping not Monstratas' diff I realized it's similar but not restricted with the grid. Of course I didn't add SV 50x sliders, don't worry, I also think they are a little bit too much.
handsome
Creation time: 1 hour 18 minutes.

I went with fast tech-style mapping, honestly the hardest part here was nerfing this from 6,4 stars. I want this set to be quite even in difficulty. About the mapping style - It's based on empathizing by uncomfortable movements and gimmicky patterns. A lot of weird overlaps, uneven spacings and fast sliders. Not for everyone, but can be really fun.
Honestly - I feel like I made this map really bad and not even comparable to his sets but I couldn't quite have fun creating this. I don't think it's the style itself, just that song really does not fit this style.
fieryrage
Creation time: 51 minutes.

After hearing about fieryrage's insane pp farms I thought it is gonna look awful and it would be no fun to play at all. I was wrong. I'm glad that this mapping style has some aesthetics and despite being in my opinion unbalanced in difficulty it is quite fun to play for jump-oriented players. Not many people see this, but it is not just vertical jump spam and it has some decent flow in between. Especially cool idea is overlapping singletaps that offsets slider starts to offbeats. Normally it would be a disaster to start sliders at offbeats but in controllable way it plays and fits well. Make it more balanced and it would be great (but it would kill the pp so who'd believe?)
Bearizm
Creation time: 1 hour 35 minutes.

This one is either too hard for me to understand or just too simple in general. Don't get me wrong, I really like this style, aestheticly it's at a really high level and flow is very well-controled through comfortable direction-changing jumps that play very well and fun. After analyzing some maps I haven't found any special additions to this so it may be as simple as it seems. I'm suprised honestly since using this style you can make amazing creations and it doesn't seem to have any limitations. I'd say it's just great.
Ekoro
Creation time: 1 hour 12 minutes.

I want to apologize to Ekoro for creating this disgrace for his beautiful mapping style. Honestly: IT WAS HARD to analyze his mapping style since there is a gap of like 7 stars where there are next to no maps made by Ekoro. Millions of Easy and Normal difficulties, houndreds of Hards, HUGE GAP, 8 to 11 star violent RSI hand desintegrators. That's why creating a 5,2 star difficulty was hard. But hey~! I did something and it looks kind.. of... playable...? ( Please ;-; )
Mismagius
Creation time: 1 hour 30 minutes.

This mapping style contains something unique what I love about it. The jumps. Flow in this scenario is based on jumps and they are not just normal sharp tringular jumps like others. In this case we have a mix of wide angles, sharp angles, geometry, long-abandoned symmetry and aesthetics-oriented patterns. This creates beautiful beatmap that is not about just comfortable flow, instead, flow is harsh, not easy to predict and requires focus, but not as much focus to consider it a "tech map", just enough to keep you interested of what's about to happen and make you try to aim with more control than on other "jump maps". That's why this mapping style is great for consistency training. It also removes repetetiveness almost completely so you can "feel" the changes every single second. Art.

Hitsounds and metadata
VIOLENTLY AND SHAMELESSLY STOLEN FROM
SquareTude's mapset.

Finally made my own hitsounding!