forum

Grip(?) problem

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
subahibi
So basicly i got my tablet yesterday and i've noticed that after some time of playing my fingers hurt for 30s, is that a problem? e of playing my fingers hurt for 30s what can i do?

Red is place that hurts and this is my grip
notBrandon

Kleune wrote:

So basicly i got my tablet yesterday and i've noticed that after some time of playing my fingers hurt for 30s, is that a problem? e of playing my fingers hurt for 30s what can i do?

Since you got your tablet yesterday it could just be strain because you’re not used to a tablet because your profile says you play with mouse... maybe just take small breaks when it’s hurting and try to not make it hurt too much. As you play more it should improve more and you shouldn’t have as much pain. If this continues at the rate it is at for 2-4 months I’d say you may need to change something...
Implojin
If you have persistent pain, please stop playing Osu and see a doctor

It is not worth sacrificing your physical health to play a circle clicking game

From your description ("i got my tablet yesterday", and assuming you don't have a preexisting injury), this sounds more like discomfort than RSI though, so you should probably try holding your pen in different grips until you find a comfortable one. Adjust your chair height, adjust your keyboard position, adjust your tablet position, always make your setup ergonomically comfortable before you play.

Never force yourself to play in a physically painful position, it will only get worse and it's easy to do permanent damage to your hand/wrist/elbow.

(Don't listen to the dude above and force yourself through pain! It is easy to react that way when you are young and think you're indestructible, but I promise you, ignoring pain will permanently fuck your body up. It is a very bad idea.)
Topic Starter
subahibi

Implojin wrote:

If you have persistent pain, please stop playing Osu and see a doctor

It is not worth sacrificing your physical health to play a circle clicking game

From your description ("i got my tablet yesterday", and assuming you don't have a preexisting injury), this sounds more like discomfort than RSI though, so you should probably try holding your pen in different grips until you find a comfortable one. Adjust your chair height, adjust your keyboard position, adjust your tablet position, always make your setup ergonomically comfortable before you play.

Never force yourself to play in a physically painful position, it will only get worse and it's easy to do permanent damage to your hand/wrist/elbow.

(Don't listen to the dude above and force yourself through pain! It is easy to react that way when you are young and think you're indestructible, but I promise you, ignoring pain will permanently fuck your body up. It is a very bad idea.)

Okay, thanks i will try playing in the most comfortable position. And yeah its not RSI