community forum

Odd jump reading

posted
Total Posts
13
Topic Starter
FragHop4123
I was wondering how people read higher Ar half screen jumps or any across screen jumps because personally i end up looking at the middle of my screen/middle of the jump and just guess how far the circle is and it worked but it dosn't feel consistent, basically i was wondering if this is a weird way to read notes and if it is a weird way how can i train myself to read it the "right" way.
lewski
try looking at the circles instead
Vampyre
I just stare at the centre of the jumps even on high AR
raccoongamer

FragHop4123 wrote:

I was wondering how people read higher Ar half screen jumps or any across screen jumps because personally i end up looking at the middle of my screen/middle of the jump and just guess how far the circle is and it worked but it dosn't feel consistent, basically i was wondering if this is a weird way to read notes and if it is a weird way how can i train myself to read it the "right" way.
Have the same “issue”, tried both this and looking at the circles precisely, not sure, but second seems to work a bit better.
Franchouchou
I look at every circle during jumps regardless of bpm.

It seems more consistent and easier to aim personally so if you go that route, it will take a while to make it a habit.
Implojin
It gets to a point where it's all just second nature

Play more and you won't really miss jumps unless the patterns are too dense for you to read properly

I definitely don't look at every circle these days, peripheral vision seems to be faster, my hand just moves, the jumps land, and I'm like "Oh, that pattern was neat"

I can look at them if I'm trying to force a fc, but forcing focus like that usually leads to thinking about what my hands are doing, and thinking about it leads to misses

It seems better/faster to just let muscle memory do its thing
SunriseAbsence

HecaRyou wrote:

I look at every circle during jumps regardless of bpm.

It seems more consistent and easier to aim personally so if you go that route, it will take a while to make it a habit.
I played like that intensively for some period of time and my eyes were hurt. Now I play staring only in the middle of the screen, it feels much better. Not everybody can be like Rohulk.
Vuelo Eluko
my method is to just miss them
Rikii

Vuelo Eluko wrote:

my method is to just miss them
Tested. Works like a charm! 5/5
lewski

Vuelo Eluko wrote:

my method is to just miss them
that's pretty fun to do with low bg dim since it frees a hand
Vuelo Eluko

lewski wrote:

Vuelo Eluko wrote:

my method is to just miss them
that's pretty fun to do with low bg dim since it frees a hand
... bow chicka wow wow?
Ag_U
-
Jefar

FragHop4123 wrote:

basically i was wondering if this is a weird way to read notes and if it is a weird way how can i train myself to read it the "right" way.
I don't think it's weird if you can see the whole screen fine; the question is if you're inconsistent solely because you haven't played enough. If this is the case, you'll get used to it.

Everyone has their own way to read notes, so there isn't a "right" way per se. Personally, when I come across long jumps, I usually just follow every note. If it's too fast, then I'll just look at the middle (I play full screen).

Ag_U wrote:

I switched to 1600x900 res because of this. It did help, but it's not a magic fix. My consistency is still garbage, but at least the cursor usually crosses the circles even if I miss the tap.
As long as you find it comfortable, you should stick with it.

Ag_U wrote:

Although, jumps like in the last section of https://osu.ppy.sh/beatmapsets/423527#osu/915210 or during the second chorus in https://osu.ppy.sh/beatmapsets/721804#osu/1524103 are so ridiculous idk if I'll ever get good enough to land even 100s on them without increasing sensitivity.
If you can play comfortably right now, you'll eventually get better and realize that the jumps you thought were impossible before aren't so difficult now, so don't worry too much about it.
Please sign in to reply.

New reply