forum

Liked/Hated types of patterns?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
abraker
Like: Agility stuffs. Jumps that are not necessarily far, but change direction fast

Hate: Irregular note spacing mixed with sliders
Justified
Like: Triangle and v-shaped jumps. They're very satisfying to hit for me
Hate: Jumps that have zero flow in them, which is 98% of sotarks maps
Vuelo Eluko
i like stars and triangles and squares

hate 1-2 jumps, can't figure them out, worse thing i've seen since my unrestriction since they apparently became a popular pp meta while i was gone. It just feels like mutated airman jumps.
subbie6
Like: Jumps with linear flow that layer over eachtother or expand out as the intensity increases, stuff that you would find in galvenize or CSY the Corrupt maps. Squares, Pentagons, stars or anything with enough snappy-ness also feel nice.
Hate: Ninja spinners and most sliderstreams
Meowcenaries
Like: Hinacle mapping
Hate: sliders with notes right at the end
mulraf

subbie6 wrote:

Hate: Ninja spinners

^ this (love: nothing in particular)
Syneergy
Like: tech maps,love the patterns.

Example:
"overkill" jumping sliders.

Hate: ninja spinners, transitioning to a big jumps
KupcaH
Like: Any high bpm short/medium jumps. (Not like I really like them, but I'm so good at them so feels so satisfying to hit 8* jumps)

Hate: Low bpm streams that gets really spaced after 5 or so notes
lolboatz
Like: Everything
Hate:

Edit: I actually hate huge ass circles
Oxey
Like: pretty much anything that is decently mapped (even shitmaps you'd see make it to loved are fine to me), except for:

Hate: almost anything without a clear rhythmical structure/weird rhythm. Maybe I'm just bad, but the stuff found in mappers guild packs are all good examples.

Also kicksliders feel pretty awkward when used as full-on jumps, so I don't really like those either.
xenal
Like: 2011 to 2014 mapping style.
Hate: all thoses generic/blank and pp shits from 2018-2019.

Also like trashtalking loved maps because I don't like current system (proposal soon tm).
Celine
ejility
lewski
like: patterns that represent the song well
hate: patterns that misrepresent the song

this can be expanded to larger groups of objects too
UnnamedBeast
like: all patterns except farm map's
hate: farm maps patterns
Vuelo Eluko

UnnamedBeast wrote:

like: all patterns except farm map's
hate: farm maps patterns
*tips fedora*
raccoongamer
Like: kicksliders, jumps, “consecutive” sliders (that have almost no distance in timing and between sliderend of previous and sliderhead of current), reading challenges (like Lasse mapping, but enjoy watching more than playing)

Hate: low bpm streams, irregular rhythm patterns (like 1/6 streams or so), spaced streams (basically I’m bad at whatever streams), consecutive bursts, “linear” and “grid” mapping mostly
Vuelo Eluko
another kind of pattern I like are two spot back and forth jumps, either completely static or moving slightly like this:

they just feel so nice to me, but they are rather uncommon.

Not sure how others feel about these
Kuroni
Like: Spaced bursts
Hate: 1/3, 1/6 streams and 1/16 repeating sliders like in this one: https://osu.ppy.sh/beatmapsets/207045
lewski

Vuelo Eluko wrote:

two spot back and forth jumps, either completely static or moving slightly

they're cool, having to do the exact same movement a lot of times in a row gets pretty straining so they're fun to make and play

too bad a lot of songs just don't have spots that support them
Topic Starter
abraker

mulraf wrote:

subbie6 wrote:

Hate: Ninja spinners
^ this (love: nothing in particular)
There is a place in hell for mappers who made those
Fatal3ty
Like: Jumps, Singletapping and mapping style like USAO or Hielo, low/mid BPM maps, old maps

Hate: Streams/Spacestreams, high BPM Maps, maps with too much off-beats, Arles Mapping Style :P
dung eater
like: flowy aimy stuff

dislike: those 1/4 (or tighter timing) back and forth things

anything you don't like would make great practice stuff, probably. maybe thinking you've not yet found a fun/good way to practice it is a better way to think. keep your options open.
jyggbuns
Like: Stars, diamonds, triangles, squares, single-tapping, low to medium object density

Hate: Triplets interspersed with jumps, shorter streams, longer streams, BPM≥200, sliders ending in notes, maps with any semblance of rhythmical complexity whatsoever :')
show more