CXu
^
Big Yikes
druidxd

lolcubes wrote:

thelewa wrote:

or then you singletap with your wrist like everyone else
Real men singletap with mouseclicks. :D

Ontopic, you should probably wait a few days and try again. Sometimes I am not able to even stream 170bpm 1/4 because my fingers just "don't work", usually warming up or relaxing helps, or I just skip a day.
^This

I sometimes fell like my fingers aren't responding as well as they used to a couple days before, either I just don't play seriously that day (play WAY less and not competitive, just relaxing and warming up I guess) or take a couple days off to let my fingers rest, otherwise they won't be on good shape whenever I want to rank a couple of beatmaps, and it's really really annoying when that happens lol.
Jordan

druidxd wrote:

lolcubes wrote:

Ontopic, you should probably wait a few days and try again. Sometimes I am not able to even stream 170bpm 1/4 because my fingers just "don't work", usually warming up or relaxing helps, or I just skip a day.
^This

I sometimes fell like my fingers aren't responding as well as they used to a couple days before, either I just don't play seriously that day (play WAY less and not competitive, just relaxing and warming up I guess) or take a couple days off to let my fingers rest, otherwise they won't be on good shape whenever I want to rank a couple of beatmaps, and it's really really annoying when that happens lol.
Now I know I'm not the only one <3
G0r

Jordan wrote:

druidxd wrote:

Now I know I'm not the only one <3
This happens to me too. I have a great day where I rank better on every map that I play, and my PP shoots up, and then sometimes I continue on that way, but other times I'll have a day or more where I just feel like I can't get up to speed, I can't click fast enough, or I'm just not on my game with accuracy. On those days I normally try to take it easy and not take things so seriously. I go back and just FC some stuff I previously skipped over, or I HD something long and slow. Sometimes those periods can last for a while, though. I find, however, that if I get really into reaching some goal, like HD HR on a map I couldn't do that on before, then sometimes I snap right back into playing well again. It's like sometimes I need that challenge to build up my energy and loosen up my muscles.
Wishy
Losing streaming speed/endurance is normal, I'm not as fast as I used to be when I played a few hours every day. It takes time to get fast again.

If you can't even do low BPMs (180) then it's probably just a bad day/your fingers are too tired. That happened to me and I couldn't stream even 180 BPM (I can reach 270+) at all, took 2 days off osu! and after that I could stream again.
CXu
180BPM -> Low
:( :( :(
G0r
I think 180 BPM is where it starts to get fast. It's like the threshold. Some 180 BPM maps feel faster than 200 BPM maps to me. I guess it depends on what sort of notes you are using.
Aqo

G0r wrote:

I guess it depends on what sort of notes you are using.
It depends on the stream spacing and OD :p

180 is definitely not slow. 140 is slow
G0r
I've also heard in a previous discussion that the timing of the notes can differ depending on the rhythm to make them actually occur faster without changing the BPM. I never quite understood the concept, despite my researching.
Jordan

CXu wrote:

180BPM -> Low
:( :( :(
nomen
180 BPM is slow? ;_;
Aqo

G0r wrote:

I've also heard in a previous discussion that the timing of the notes can differ depending on the rhythm to make them actually occur faster without changing the BPM. I never quite understood the concept, despite my researching.
You mean like, 1/6 streams? Which gives like 240 stream speed on a 160bpm map. Usually it's the other way around... people put 1/3 streams on 280bpm maps so that they'd be playable (i.e. only 210 speed)
silmarilen
the only beatmap close to 280 that has real streams is mad machine, and thats pure 1/4th afaik (not talking about unranked shit)
Icyteru
It purely depends, I start off at 160bpm, but after 3 hours of continuous playing, I can hit around 240, then the next day, it's back to 160
Wishy

G0r wrote:

I think 180 BPM is where it starts to get fast. It's like the threshold. Some 180 BPM maps feel faster than 200 BPM maps to me. I guess it depends on what sort of notes you are using.
Fast switches between 1/2 and 1/4 makes it really tiring, like triplet 1/2 triplet 1/2 triplet triplet triplet 1/2 etc may be more tiring than a 12 hit long 200 BPM stream. Which is why some maps are COMPLETELY insane, even when the BPM is not THAT high.
G0r

Wishy22 wrote:

Fast switches between 1/2 and 1/4 makes it really tiring, like triplet 1/2 triplet 1/2 triplet triplet triplet 1/2 etc may be more tiring than a 12 hit long 200 BPM stream. Which is why some maps are COMPLETELY insane, even when the BPM is not THAT high.
I believe that this is exactly what I meant. Some day I will learn how to judge and discern these values of 1/2s 1/3s 1/4s and 1/6s from each other.
Wishy
It's kind of constantly 1/2, "streams" are 1/4 and those not so fast but not so slow streams are 1/3, 1/6 are rare since on any 160 BPM map, using them already makes them quite insane (160 BPM 1/6 = 240 BPM 1/4).
djjsixpack

Wishy22 wrote:

Losing streaming speed/endurance is normal, I'm not as fast as I used to be when I played a few hours every day. It takes time to get fast again.

If you can't even do low BPMs (180) then it's probably just a bad day/your fingers are too tired. That happened to me and I couldn't stream even 180 BPM (I can reach 270+) at all, took 2 days off osu! and after that I could stream again.
If I could stream 180 bpm I'd be so happy. I cap at about 170 after hours of playing.
Sanae Kochiya_old
Play DT on everything.
Maneuver
Wash your hand and you can't stream as fast as before you wash your hand, in air-conditioning room when it is too cold, you stream slower too~ Is it possible to to put hand into hot water or electrify it as warm up ? xD
Rhyth

Maneuver wrote:

Wash your hand and you can't stream as fast as before you wash your hand, in air-conditioning room when it is too cold, you stream slower too~ Is it possible to to put hand into hot water or electrify it as warm up ? xD
2 years late necro post but I can vouch that my stream speed suffers when I'm in cold weather, I wash my hands in warm water to help it get less stiff along with stretching my fingers to keep it warm.
Vuelo Eluko
dont ever get good at streaming in the first place so u dont ever have skill to lose
thats the solution i use
Martell_old_1
Must be psychological, or some kind of injury.
Or lack of energy drinks
Spec_old_1
switch to tobe style
ez fast streams now
Soarezi
Yes, way too many times. The only way i was able to fix it was play 10hours every day for a several days.

Oh my god i just realized this thread is 2 years old..
nooblet
The feels when you can't even stream 180 any more just after finishing the long stream practice map earlier this summer ...

PS: Mechs don't make you me stream faster at all :( . I'm having a pretty hard time adjusting ... EDIT: In fact I think I've lost some streaming speed lol ...