forum

How do I get used to alternating when doing jumps?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Papasalt
I want to learn alternating so that I can do super fast jumps, are there any good maps to practice this on, or are there any tips on learning alternating?
Syneergy
alternate your fingers slow at first, and then try to play harder maps that require faster alternating, and then eventually you will be able to alternate everything

It will take time, you won't be good at alternating overnight.
raccoongamer
What jumps do you consider “super fast”? Haven’t seen any non-singletappable jumps in ranked section (sure 260 bpm jumps are quite a pain but it’s even more so to alternate them). I’d opt for increasing singletapping speed by basically playing faster maps with singletap.
Vuelo Eluko

raccoongamer wrote:

What jumps do you consider “super fast”? Haven’t seen any non-singletappable jumps in ranked section (sure 260 bpm jumps are quite a pain but it’s even more so to alternate them). I’d opt for increasing singletapping speed by basically playing faster maps with singletap.
try dt, plenty of full alt maps out there, bpm 280+.
and some that are just nasty to singletap normally like rainbow tylenol
fentanyl
you need to alternate pretty much everything and it should come up naturally
also play dt and stream maps a lot
raccoongamer

Vuelo Eluko wrote:

raccoongamer wrote:

Pretty strange to talk about dt jumps, especially at that rank; and I’m not sure, but even 280 bpm jumps are usually singletapped, aren’t they?
Vuelo Eluko

raccoongamer wrote:

Vuelo Eluko wrote:

raccoongamer wrote:

Pretty strange to talk about dt jumps, especially at that rank; and I’m not sure, but even 280 bpm jumps are usually singletapped, aren’t they?
Nah

check out the top plays on https://old.ppy.sh/s/14081 for instance
i can barely pass this with singletapping (i refuse to alt this map), but nearly every player on the scoreboard full alted. Jesse1412 singletap fc'd it only because i told him to.

Even Rainbow Tylenol which is a palty 270 bpm and NOT a streamy map, flying tuna hd hr full alt it at #1, and a lot of other people who managed to get good scores that quite difficult map full alt as well. It is good to adhere to singletap habits early but as you improve and get more accurate you find it easier to full alt. I can singletap up to 270+ but once i get around 235+ i feel the urge to alt start to kick in nowadays because i lose nearly no accuracy but it's much less stressful on my tapping hand/easier to focus on aiming. I assume this is why top players do it, because there's no downside on most maps at that level of finger control.

i suppose at his rank it would be good practice to train singletapping though. It's a skill you will never stop using after all. It will be useful even when you are a pro when you encounter hard to read/weird rhythm maps where full alt can cost you a lot of acc because singletap/alt style allows you to transition between beats much smoother and easier, on a map that's basically entirely 1/2 at high bpm though, no reason not to full alt.
UnnamedBeast
some patterns are easier alt some are easier singletap

everything is easier alt if you're a full alt player obviously
Mystiful
how 2 alt?
Molly Sandera

Mystiful wrote:

how 2 alt?
Start with easy diffs, slow maps, get your basic alternating down, and go higher in diff/speed as you play until you are fine alternating, at a point where you have decent acc ability you can start playing finger control maps to further improve alternating