forum

What is the best tablet for you? (suggestions)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
ZOOM-
There is a strong competition between xp pen and wacom and I want to know what do you prefer and why?
+ do you use smoothing filter or not
Vuelo Eluko
if i could have any tablet i want it would be the cth-460
ctl/cth-480/470/460 pre-owned should be fairly cheap to buy, all are very tried and true.
Syneergy
Used to have XP-Pen G430 and had a small square area. Played with it for 8 months, then I bought myself Wacom CTH-480 and installed a driver for it, and copied cookiezi's tablet area. Played with it for 7 months and the cursor started to shake for some reason, maybe my driver was dying.

I proceeded to install hawku driver, had to convert wacom driver area to hawku driver area and apply smoothing filter and anti-chatter, that took away the shake and it was so akward to use it at first, because the aim was slow for big jumps. But of course after playing and playing, it became so good to have.

Also, with nice optimization for nvidia settings, audio settings, windows update, settings etc.. your ms can go as low as 0.60ms or 0.55ms, lower is possible with really good pc, i guess. My lowest was 0.60ms, it felt so weird like easy to hit everything.

Really nice.
Vuelo Eluko

Syneergy wrote:

Used to have XP-Pen G430 and had a small square area. Played with it for 8 months, then I bought myself Wacom CTH-480 and installed a driver for it, and copied cookiezi's tablet area. Played with it for 7 months and the cursor started to shake for some reason, maybe my driver was dying.

I proceeded to install hawku driver, had to convert wacom driver area to hawku driver area and apply smoothing filter and anti-chatter, that took away the shake and it was so akward to use it at first, because the aim was slow for big jumps. But of course after playing and playing, it became so good to have.

Really nice.
im sorry but nani the fuck how can all of your top 100 plays be from the last 4-5 days?
did you get score wiped or something
Syneergy

Vuelo Eluko wrote:

Syneergy wrote:

Really nice.

how can all of your top 100 plays be from the last 7 days nani the fuck
did you get score wiped or something

maybe :)))
Vuelo Eluko
oh
i got restricted for 1.5 yrs unrestricted as of last year they didn't touch my scores tho
Syneergy

Vuelo Eluko wrote:

oh
i got restricted for 1.5 yrs unrestricted as of last year they didn't touch my scores tho

Well, at least the osu! staff, osu! support let me play again. Which made me happy.
Vuelo Eluko
I guess cause i got the ban for breaking forum rules rather than hacking

anyway imho

tier 1 - best tier, because they are the most proven and widely used
cth/ctl 460/470/480

tier 2 - good tier, newer/less popular, but they have been reviewed and approved of by osu players and on paper they look good to me.
xp-pen g640, veikk s640, etc.

tier 3 - not ideal but workable tier
huion 420, Gaomon s56k - battery pen for both and small active area in former case...if you can live with that they are fine
ctl-490 and probably most newer wacom tablets that came after 480 are infamous for bad input lag; sometimes fixable

tier 4 - unusable
i dont know of any tablet you can't become good with
Rikii

Vuelo Eluko wrote:

ctl-490 and probably most newer wacom tablets that came after 480 are infamous for bad input lag; sometimes fixable

Is there any was to tell how much the input lag is?

I am playing on cth-490 with stock driver. Lot of friends of mine say that that is crazy and I should check Hawku driver out, but since I am playing on mouse mode (so basically like trackpad) I just don't see why I should.

And how about ctl-470's pen? I might be planning to replace my current tablet and consider to buy a secondhand one. My current pen feels a little bit too slippery for me, so is the pen of ctl-470 made from different material? Can someone confirm this?
Syneergy

Vuelo Eluko wrote:

anyway imho

cth/ctl 460/470/480

tier 2 - good tier, newer/less popular, but they have been reviewed and approved of by osu players and on paper they look good to me.

huion 420, Gaomon s56k - battery pen for both and small active area in former case...if you can live with that they are fine

tier 4 - unusable

Yes, that could be it.
Topic Starter
ZOOM-

Vuelo Eluko wrote:

anyway imho

cth/ctl 460/470/480

tier 4 - unusable

I think xp g640s and cth/ctl 460/470/480 in tier 1 because The best pen you've used so far and less input lag
Vuelo Eluko
Well i havent tried a 490 pen but i have a cth 470 (SHOULD be same pen as ctl 470) and i can say i have no slip issues, even when sweaty as fk playing in 90 degree room i set a bunch of top plays the other night.
Syneergy
If my hands sweat, I usually have a towel next to me. I wipe my hand and tablet with it.
dung eater
1. Huion h610pro v2: bigger, maybe big enough and smoother
2. Wacom something 480: feels a bit choppy and is too small

Both pens are pretty comfortable with a few layers of thread. Can't speak for anyone who uses smaller than 480 full area.