forum

Stuck for 2 years

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Hiiiii5
When i started playing osu mania, i played guitar hero before, so it was really easy to improve. In a couple of months i could S every 4 star maps if i wanted to. I kept on playing and finally reached the 5 star wall. i only improved very slightly during these 2 years.

i can play up to 5.5* maps but i just cant improve at all. no matter how hard i practiced i still couldnt read the patterns nor get any faster. its like this is my limit. if there is a way to break the limit please give tips :(

should i start learning 7k?

(play more lol)
abraker
You should find me in game sometime and we can both play mania. I've been stuck at times too and currently can't beat many of my scores from up to 6 months ago. I've come to the conclusion it's not a physical limitation, but a psychological one. Just need to get that "fight hard" mentality, but it's been greatly lacking in me lately.

Hiiiii5 wrote:

should i start learning 7k?
If you want to be a god. But to be a god you must first be a piece of rusted shit. You must be ready to accept you will suck big time, probably get nowhere, and still keep playing despite all that.
Ska
sounds like you need some fresh air, try new skins, and maps, and keep trying to be beat your older scores, maybe even try Etterna for that matter. Not sure what kind of files you usually play though, but that can also keep you from improving if you only play the same type of patterns and maps all the time but avoid certain others.

playing 7k is also good, just know that you wont be immediately great and that's oke, as long as you have fun with it and you'll get better without even noticing
NightNarumi
Also keep in mind that star rating is not a good indicator that you’re getting better. There could be maps being harder when they are lower in SR. I always try to just beat my own personal scores on whatever map I played before and play new maps for variation.
Topic Starter
Hiiiii5
thx for the tips, i will try to learn 7k cuz 4k is boring now. i will also try Etterna
Foxpal

abraker wrote:

If you want to be a god. But to be a god you must first be a piece of rusted shit. You must be ready to accept you will suck big time, probably get nowhere, and still keep playing despite all that.

This is the most truth I have heard lately.