forum

Getting used to a new laptop. How??

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Phoenix999Osu
I recently got a new laptop after my old one died. And for some reason, there is something really weird about the cursor.

For some reason, my cursor on the old laptop felt smooth and went quickly on medium sensitivity, since that is what I normally play with. However, now that I have this slightly smaller laptop, the cursor feels oddly slow and sometimes my cursor will overshoot circles that I can normally click.

Is this an issue with my cursor or is it just that I haven't gotten used to the controls? Someone help as I don't want my rank to decrease so badly.

Thanks.
Syneergy
Just enjoy game,

It sounds like you got a smaller laptop, your resolution might be smaller making the settings you used on the old laptop different on the new laptop
raccoongamer

Phoenix999Osu wrote:

I recently got a new laptop after my old one died. And for some reason, there is something really weird about the cursor.

For some reason, my cursor on the old laptop felt smooth and went quickly on medium sensitivity, since that is what I normally play with. However, now that I have this slightly smaller laptop, the cursor feels oddly slow and sometimes my cursor will overshoot circles that I can normally click.

Is this an issue with my cursor or is it just that I haven't gotten used to the controls? Someone help as I don't want my rank to decrease so badly.

Thanks.

You probably bought a laptop with a higher resolution, so your cursor has to “travel more pixels”. You can adjust your DPI accordingly or simply get used to new resolution, because if that’s the case, your muscle memory is a bit f’d up.
Rikii
Have you turned 'mouse acceleration' off?
Syneergy
raw input: ON (for mouse)
raw input: OFF (for tablet)