forum

An IRC channel for England (UK) [invalid]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Nessuka
So yeah, I don't see why we can't have our own channel, I mean, generally, #osu is seen (and is) most of the time a general spamfest and full of newcomers who speak the wrong language constantly posting, and there seems to be not a lot of places where we (british osu! players) can be.

Although this may just seem stupid and pointless due to the fact we speak the same language as most of the world now, I think it would be fair as some of the other language dedicated channels are also being used in this way, and calling #osu the default channel for us just is a bit... meh (seeing as it is just the game's default landing channel).

I don't know if this will actually take off or anything, but it's just something I would really like to see possibly as the playerbase of England is also now quite big too, and we do often just like talking to those from the same country.

Please don't flame ;~;
Sakura

Sakura wrote:

The channels are for languages not for countries
also #osu is the main english channel
Ekaru
Bad, tasteless parody topics are bad and tasteless.
Stefan
#austrian plz becuz #german isn't enough.
mm201
I dunno, we need somewhere to put Deed where he can be understood.
And I read that as #australian
DerekMcD
#american
#taiwanese
#cantonese
#swiss

#western
#eastern
#indian
#asian

All of the denied. So we don't need many of them. Any threads about the one from the list above are created, well be denied.
Topic Starter
Nessuka

Sakura wrote:

Sakura wrote:

The channels are for languages not for countries
also #osu is the main english channel
#osu is the main osu channel, and should not be used as the default English channel for that reason.

If you look hard enough, you can see that most of the talk is weird people who just joined and/or are from another country and speaking the wrong language, not to mention since it's the default landing channel it recieves tonnes of spam and drama due to the unmoderated/lazy nature of it due to being the base osu! channel where all the talking goes on.