forum

Sword Art Online

posted
Total Posts
show more
Ekaru

noneed wrote:

So why do people feel the urge to "teach" the fans of this anime why it is so shit? Even in this thread, in such a small community. It's kinda pathetic.
Because they're compensating for something, whether it's because of real life troubles or because of you-know-what. That, or they're just an ass. It's for the same reasons people troll, really.
Liut
And i like i said few pages back , Kirito like in all the other anime didn't kill the main antagonist like every other cool pro-justice character 8-) 8-) 8-)
Justykanna

Lance wrote:

The characters are bland and unoriginal, deus ex machina at the end of both arcs and Kirito is the best at everything. That being said, I found SAO enjoyable for what it was. Anyone that tries to tell you what your opinion is should be discarded.
Agreed.
Tesu

Justykanna wrote:

Lance wrote:

The characters are bland and unoriginal, deus ex machina at the end of both arcs and Kirito is the best at everything. That being said, I found SAO enjoyable for what it was. Anyone that tries to tell you what your opinion is should be discarded.
Agreed.
GeeNX
'-'
H_Hitachiin
*just finished watching*
I'm gonna go shut down my computer...
Stupid Yoshi
good anime.i just finish watching it.
Asada Shino
After reading the LN the anime felt like an 8/10 for me, it just didn't seem to flesh out the little details enough. Also while Kirito is pretty much godlike in every game which puts people off at least it's consistent.
Effy
Dat anime is still epic.
Professor Prinny

Shina wrote:

Dat anime is still epic.
Even so the LN has the little itty bitty details that make the story much better.
Anyway volume 11 has yet to be fully translated since it only came out a few weeks ago right?
Asada Shino

Professor Prinny wrote:

Even so the LN has the little itty bitty details that make the story much better.
Anyway volume 11 has yet to be fully translated since it only came out a few weeks ago right?
Agreed, all the little details add so much more to the story, for example Kirito's fight against Heathcliff was more enjoyable to read than it was to watch (though it was still fun to watch)

And yes 11 was released a couple weeks ago I can't wait for the full translation :D
Mints
But, the anime missed out quite a few things :/ like the part in Alo where they should encounter a mob
NoHitter
Tonkii and the mob chapters they skipped don't really equate that much into the main story. You could remove that arc and not affect the general flow of the light novels, unless you include the side stories.
Asada Shino

NoHitter wrote:

Tonkii and the mob chapters they skipped don't really equate that much into the main story. You could remove that arc and not affect the general flow of the light novels, unless you include the side stories.
I agree with what they did there since they could probably just make that into an OVA. The Tonkii side story isn't really that important in the main story
Effy
right
Loading_old
this anime is just too mainstream =.=
SAO end, most of the facebook post is about it =.=

you know what? I'm really happy the anime version of SAO is end. (And now i don't know what to do xD)
Elancia
i LOVE the anime... no news about season 2 though... >:(
BadLuckExpert

NoHitter wrote:

Are you kidding? Tonkii played a huge part later in the story should they make out the OVA. If they went with starting the side stories on the OVA it would seem out of place since it happened when Kirito and Lyfa was on their way to Yggdrasil.

And Reki was doing this all wrong. He skipped 2 years on the main story and started writing what HAPPENS in that 2 years as side stories. For example, just recently B*k*-Tsuki released the translated version of a story on how Kirito and Asuna got their house and i can see how amazing it would be if it got translated. There's also a story on how they're having a ramen eating contest in order to figure out the identity of the shop owner. If only he made these kind of stuff first then i can see SAO going on for about 52 episodes (and that would be awesome)
FrzR
my Desktop Background was Sugou being killed by Kirito. Stayed there for 3 days. XD
NoHitter

BadLuckExpert wrote:

Are you kidding? Tonkii played a huge part later in the story should they make out the OVA. If they went with starting the side stories on the OVA it would seem out of place since it happened when Kirito and Lyfa was on their way to Yggdrasil.
If you want to talk about the sidestories, then yes, but for the "main" stories, Tonkii won't make that much of a difference.
Tonkii doesn't appear at all in the later main story arcs. (GGO, Mother Rosario, Project Alicization)
Tesu

NoHitter wrote:

BadLuckExpert wrote:

If you want to talk about the sidestories, then yes, but for the "main" stories, Tonkii won't make that much of a difference.
Tonkii doesn't appear at all in the later main story arcs. (GGO, Mother Rosario, Project Alicization)
Agree,
Outsanity
So, I heard from this guy in a Mumble server I go to yesterday that the SAO dub will be on Toonami.
Maybe it's me but, I saw the trailer (yeah, I'm all late seeing it) of the dubbed version and... I'm conflicted.

I don't care for some dubs all too much (kinda 50/50) and I already watched the show (call me an anime hipster) so, I won't be watching it when it airs.
But... the voices, to me, just don't seem fitting for the characters. Maybe I'm just used to the J-voices.
The way they speak makes me think of The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya or something like that.

In short: I don't plan to watch it but, the voice acting is making me want to watch at least the first half.

So, I'm just wondering what others think.

Just as a reference to the discussion.
NoHitter
Kirito's voice kind of fits his character I think.
Asuna's voice... not so much.

Having read the LNs up to the latest volume, and watched the anime a lot of times already, I don't think I'll be watching this unless I really have nothing else to do.

Edit: Merged with the main thread
Outsanity

NoHitter wrote:

Kirito's voice kind of fits his character I think.
Asuna's voice... not so much.

Having read the LNs up to the latest volume, and watched the anime a lot of times already, I don't think I'll be watching this unless I really have nothing else to do.

Edit: Merged with the main thread
Thanks for moving it. i didn't see this thread due to being sleepy.
But, I kinda hope they do a 2nd season with the other 2 games in the storyline.
NoHitter

Outsanity wrote:

But, I kinda hope they do a 2nd season with the other 2 games in the storyline.
Same here, and considering how popular it got, I wouldn't be surprised at all.
momp
i'm really disappointed with the english dub. it just seems kind of...cheesy? anyway, i probably won't watch it.
Hiryuu_old

found this picture, do i get kudos now
Outsanity

ShinseinaTenshi wrote:

found this picture, do i get kudos now
Makes me curious as to how a movie would play out?
Like, would it be stuff maybe left out of the manga/LN?
New stuff that maybe they cut from the show?
Pull a Naruto and make it 2 hours of filler?
Justykanna

Outsanity wrote:

Pull a Naruto and make it 2 hours of filler?
I'm figuring more of this.
If they don't do that, I'll be impressed.
NoHitter
A bit of a bump.

For those following the LN (Project Alicization: Dividing):
Eugeo as an Integrity Knight? Well not like I didn't see that coming, but still...
Exiacrime
Asuna :3
Synchrostar

NoHitter wrote:

A bit of a bump.

For those following the LN (Project Alicization: Dividing):
Eugeo as an Integrity Knight? Well not like I didn't see that coming, but still...
Thank you for reminding me I need to catch up with the LN.
Apex_old
untitled
DerekMcD
Ended on Toonami last week here.

And read this. http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... ne-episode
Xiaolin
They say that they must change SAO name to ''I meet an stupid online waifu''
Navizel
better title