forum

Sword Art Online

posted
Total Posts
show more
BadLuckExpert
Not to mention he just defeated the Salamander general. That position should've packed with quite a decent amount of money..
Volken Bennet
Tesu
cant wait asuna is free now go find kirito and kirito will find asuna, then Leafa ill facepalm ahaha
BadLuckExpert
Alternate ending
MMzz
Cait Sith are the best.
HeatKai
didn't watch the anime but read all of this stuff,pretty much i can understand the story lol xD I'll watch it later.
Tsukimi Luna
I dont know if im the only one but...
SAO is overrated... The light novel is much better...

I mean..
SAO is Ok but instill think its overrated
Not because i dont like it anything

Everyone loves Asuna
IMO there are many more characters that have better character and back storyline to themselves (sorry asuna fans)
I dont know why ppl love asuna so much
I dont really understand ;-;

Reminds me of gangnam style
NoHitter
Yeah I agree that the show is overrated, but it's still decent and having read the LN, I want to see it animated.

Yuu-Chii wrote:

Everyone loves Asuna
IMO there are many more characters that have better character and back storyline to themselves (sorry asuna fans)
I dont know why ppl love asuna so much
I dont really understand ;-;
If we're talking about character and backstory at the moment, then Suguha wins hands down IMO. (Sinon as well but she's not in the anime yet, so I'll leave her out.)

I think everyone likes Asuna because she was there from the start of the story? The longer X character is developed, the more people will like said character. Lisbeth and Silica get very little exposure in the anime and LN, so many people would tend to lean towards Asuna.

Asuna also gets some more backstory later on in Mother Rosario, so I'm fine with that xD

Edit: Oh and I like her design as well ;)
Tsukimi Luna
Asuna is still quite overloved
Nobody likes Shiina Mashiro from sakurasou? Dx

I guess i have different tastes
Tesu

Yuu-Chii wrote:

Asuna is still quite overloved
Nobody likes Shiina Mashiro from sakurasou? Dx

I guess i have different tastes
we lave mashiro but this thread is SAO
BadLuckExpert
Yes, Mashiro is cute but let's leave that on Sakurasou's discussion forum okay?

Now about Asuna, it's already a common fact that people tends to love the characters which were introduced first. This, is mostly because of the tendency for people to create a shipping, or a whoXwho couple as an OTP for their imagination so it's understandable why people like Asuna so much (Reki wrote this while focusing on the romance between her and Kirito).

Suguha, who now has been introduced in the anime is also gaining her popularity in a flash because ALO is mostly centered round her while Asuna is playing the trapped princess role. Of course if we're talking about background Suguha would be more interesting due to the incestuous love and the adoptive of Kirito while Asuna's was just that of an accident in trying a game (Shino's is better though, but that's another story.)

Now I'm not trying to bad-mouth Asuna in here. I'm one of her huge fan (as seen in my signature) but since we're talking about stereotypes in choosing popular anime girls it's only fair that I shared my opinions on this matter as well. Rest assured, if Asuna and Suguha entered a contest after ALO is finished I'm sure they' could end up in a draw (or Suguha might steal the glory. Who knows?)
Tesu
yay tomolo is the next ep cant w8
BadLuckExpert
Episode 21: It always bothers me how equipments Kirito bought from the first town can still be used even when they arrived at the central town. I mean, does the stats already that high for a first town equipments? Or is Reki just too lazy to design more of them? Either way for an RPG. Story this could be considered a vital point of the show (not that it matters much in this story though..)

Besides that this episode has brought up one of the most popular issue of anime. 'Should the protagonist chose the harem ending or not?' Of course it's not their fault if they chose to end up with their significant one, but in such cases where the other girls are really falling for them instead of a mere affection it just makes me sad when I saw it (like what happened to Suguha now) :/

Either way since the novels are heading towards comedy I figured it wouldn't be that heart-breaking. Though for the next episode Suguha would receive the biggest shock of all (better prepare my heart for it)
Tesu
i love the face of Leafa when yui says mama is here im sure , hahaha

Suguha might be thinking whos mama !
Professor Prinny

BadLuckExpert wrote:

Episode 21: It always bothers me how equipments Kirito bought from the first town can still be used even when they arrived at the central town. I mean, does the stats already that high for a first town equipments? Or is Reki just too lazy to design more of them? Either way for an RPG. Story this could be considered a vital point of the show (not that it matters much in this story though..)
What I can't believe is that they skipped out Chapter 5. Tonkii! I would have love to have seen what it was possibly like. Oh and Excalibur but I guess it's understandable seeing as it was more like a side story. *Ahem* Well anyway, seeing as the weaponry don't get much emphasis I'm just going to count that: 1. His stats are still good enough to use a weapon from the first town to kill near endgame type enemies, 2. There isn't mush description of Kirito getting any other equips (other than when he borrowed Leafa's sword when he fought Eugene but he obviously returned it) so they stuck with his first town ones or 3. Some RPGs have strengthened versions of starter weps that can stand up against endgame type enemies so that could be the same with Kirito's equips. Seeing as later on he'll rampage up a high distance up Yggdrasil.
BadLuckExpert
Ah yes, i can't wait to see Tonkii; i hope they won't skip that one ^^
okenoshofu
I wonder if GGO will also get an adaptation too? And I really find Project Alicization Arc interesting.
JackieW
YUI!!! :)
BadLuckExpert
SAO episode 22: This is why the male protagonists in harem stories are always indecisive. Because they know what would happen to the other girls if he made a choice
cokeshawty

JackieW wrote:

YUI!!! :)
Tesu
cant wait for GGO ;3 i love kirito seeing a long black hair with gun, btw in latest episode its really awsome sugu already knows kirito kun ;3
Momochikun
The Latest Ep.. Poor Sugu-chan.. :D
Hoverlegs

Momochikun wrote:

The Latest Ep.. Poor Sugu-chan.. :D

;_;
Tesu
epic failure confession sugu ;(
Iciale
I just don't get how he had zero suspicion sometimes. For one the night they were online until 4am online Sugu conveniently says she is tired from being on the net till 4am. Even though it's a minor thing, it seems like it should cause for at least some questioning(what she was doing on the net even) or him at least appear to take notice to it, BUT ANIME LOGIC SHALL BE ANIME LOGIC :x
Mogsy
Episode 22:

Somebody had to throw incest fetishists back down to reality.

Seriously, I never liked Suguha as a character (not due to the incest, but due to her honest lack of a definable personality outside of that), and I felt nothing where she finds out and gets her heart broken by Kirito. It's an element the show definitely did not need. Like most of the harem stuff.
Tesu
3 episodes left , i cant wait in GGO
Shirotaku

Frosty wrote:

Is GGO gonna be season 2 tho ?
or just OVA ?
Magicphoenix
wtf is GGO ? They're gonna transfer to yet another game ?
NoHitter

Magicphoenix wrote:

wtf is GGO ? They're gonna transfer to yet another game ?
Yes. There's actually another game after GGO as well.
cokeshawty
Ooomg I'm soo looking forward to that!
Iciale
Only Kirito transfers though, not everyone.
Professor Prinny
Girly looking Kirito is awesome. So yeah can't wait for GGO, my favourite arc.
SigLogicalMaxiss
i heard they are just going to stop with ALO?
Magicphoenix
I doubt there will be a second season with that game. SAO & ALO was more than enough to a non-LN-reader like me and I don't see the point of a 2nd season with a game where Kirito is without Asuna =p
+ This might've been just the motivation for people who thought about getting the LN to actually buy it (or not even, maybe just for randoms who never knew of SAO r gun' do it as well)
Professor Prinny

SigLogicalMaxiss wrote:

i heard they are just going to stop with ALO?
Seeing as there is only 3 episodes left, possibly since SAO & ALO flows nicely together from one game to the next and moving to GGO is more of a jump than a smooth flow.

Magicphoenix wrote:

I doubt there will be a second season with that game. SAO & ALO was more than enough to a non-LN-reader like me and I don't see the point of a 2nd season with a game where Kirito is without Asuna =p
+ This might've been just the motivation for people who thought about getting the LN to actually buy it (or not even, maybe just for randoms who never knew of SAO r gun' do it as well)
A second season would really depend on fan support from both the LN readers and non-LN readers if they want it. I mean there are some anime fans out there who want to know what happens next after an anime season has finished. In any case I predict that they will either finish the anime like a 'The End' type of ending; that in a way they say that not much happens after ALO or at the very end of ep 25 we will given an insight to the start of the GGO arc (Death Gun killing Zekushiido or something), indicating that they will continue to a second season.

Either way we won't know until after ep 25 or whatever episode they decide to end the ALO arc on.
Iciale
There would need to be a really nice transition if they did want to continue into GGO because like it was said, it doesn't come about as smoothly as ALO did.
The only reason they'd continue would be because of the implication of Laughing Coffin guild members again as Death Gun and accomplices, which would bring SAO slightly back into the story.

The thing with committing to GGO would basically mean there would need to be more after that too because with the way the LN goes about the end of GGO, the new character Shino/Sinon would be meh. If they ended at GGO there would be an extremely awkward end to the anime and that character would be awkwardly left out to dry to have huge character development and then just done, end, over.

So a new season would be GGO for 13-14 like SAO and then another arc for the rest of the season like how ALO was. (whether they'd go into Mother's Rosario or Alicization. Whatever they would decide)
Flamyuki
On that note though Alicization is suppose to be a pretty long arc so it'll probably just have to be mother's rosario... Wish they would just animate the whole SAO series :D
Tesu

Shirotaku wrote:

Frosty wrote:

Is GGO gonna be season 2 tho ?
or just OVA ?
its season 2 the continuation, there are really 4seasons in sao.

1st: SAO
2nd: Alfheim
3rd:Gun gale online
4th: Project Acilization
Rikuciak
Tomorrow is ep 23... Do you think they will escape then?
show more