forum

Knuckle Joint dislocating?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Jaratic
Whenever I lift down my ring or middle finger, usually a knuckle joint will dislocate(like move to the left) and it locks up my fingers, which is very annoying when I try to play the game because this joint is preventing me from doing so.

Here's a clip of this joint:

https://youtu.be/7EjFKEf6PO0

Kind of annoying and I just wanna know if anyone has this, if I just need to play more or it takes a trip to the doctors to get it checked out. Because I am kinda worried if I need to go to the doctors and need surgery to correct this joint.
Marshmellow
You need to see a doctor man😅
SunriseAbsence
Wtf is this I'm scared.
Flanster
Go see a doctor, we can't help you here.
Justified
Imagine hurting yourself over a circle clicking game
SunriseAbsence

Justified wrote:

Nor me nor osu! can't hurt me as my life does.

Actually I don't understand what is the problem of this guy. I mean, is his pinky broken? You don't use this finger at osu so it is his nature or there is some other reason than osu!.
Vuelo Eluko
Looks like you ruptured your sagittal band, a relatively rare injury sometimes seen in piano/guitar players and the like.
Sorry to say but this is most likely going to require surgery. The good news is you should make a full recovery and be able to play again, the bad news is it's going to take quite awhile.

I'm just an armchair physician though, see a doctor.

Justified wrote:

Imagine hurting yourself ever for any reason. That's just how injuries are, there's no reason to be high and mighty about it. Imagine bragging to some guy who tripped and broke their hip that you've also tripped but didn't break your hip. Everyone's circumstances and bodies are different.
Justified

Vuelo Eluko wrote:

Justified wrote:

Imagine hurting yourself ever for any reason. That's just how injuries are, there's no reason to be high and mighty about it. Imagine bragging to some guy who tripped and broke their hip that you've also tripped but didn't break your hip. Everyone's circumstances and bodies are different.

I'm just saying that there must have been signs foreshadowing the potential of a serious injury to occur. I'm no physician, but I seriously doubt OP hasn't experienced any detrimental pain in his hand before he snapped his sagittal band (if he didn't, then you got me). It baffles me that people continue playing the game slamming their damn tapping keys like it has not been violated enough and in return, their body is screaming for them to take a rest in which many people seem to ignore. There is a countless number of wrist exercise videos such as Dr. Levi which help mitigate the chance of a serious injury to happen, but I guess OP got the short end of the stick and now needs surgery.
Vuelo Eluko

Justified wrote:

Vuelo Eluko wrote:

Justified wrote:

I'm just saying that there must have been signs foreshadowing the potential of a serious injury to occur. I'm no physician, but I seriously doubt OP hasn't experienced any detrimental pain in his hand before he snapped his sagittal band (if he didn't, then you got me). It baffles me that people continue playing the game slamming their damn tapping keys like it has not been violated enough and in return, their body is screaming for them to take a rest in which many people seem to ignore. There is a countless number of wrist exercise videos such as Dr. Levi which help mitigate the chance of a serious injury to happen, but I guess OP got the short end of the stick and now needs surgery.
This is not necessarily the case, especially with this kind of injury. There you go again getting on a soap box.
Justified

Vuelo Eluko wrote:

There you go again getting on a soap box.

Whatever floats your boat
Vuelo Eluko

Justified wrote:

Vuelo Eluko wrote:

There you go again getting on a soap box.
Whatever floats your boat
Not every injury has warnings, and not everyone knows how to listen to what their body is telling them. This is a lesson for him for sure in any case.
Topic Starter
Jaratic

SunriseAbsence wrote:

Justified wrote:

Nor me nor osu! can't hurt me as my life does.

Actually I don't understand what is the problem of this guy. I mean, is his pinky broken? You don't use this finger at osu so it is his nature or there is some other reason than osu!.

What that's my ring finger