forum

How long did it take you to pass Insane songs?

posted
Total Posts
show more
kneepel
i could do easy insanes at 3 plays

fc'd scarlet rose DT FL HD at 15.
AnegelSeeker
One thing I keep forgetting to mention and ask about is AR... I can FC about 90% of AR 8 songs on my playlist and I can play most AR 9 songs unless they have long streams, my stamina is low due to medical issues so I can't keep a long stream going although I can press fast enough so I prefer jump hell to streams, so my question is, after playing osu for a wile what AR can you reliably complete (full or high combo) and because of the split into jump hell and streams at AR 9, which do you prefer jump hell or streams ?
Justin Cretible
After one month (around 2.5k plays) I was able to pass Refrain of the Lovely Great War on Lunatic, back when I still used a wireless mouse and membrane keyboard. Since I got a tablet I've been improving a lot faster.
PureHater
I started Insanes after ~1700 playcount, ive been playing a month, but ive been playing a lot of hours during that time because if too much free time,
and if i really want to pass insane, i just sit for 3 hours on the same map by failing at 5% then at 10% then 20.. blah blah blah
basically what ive noticed is you just need to play the map over and over until your eyes get used to the speed and thats it >: :D
tecu
How does the definition of "insane" relate to Star Difficulty?
Vuelo Eluko

tecu wrote:

How does the definition of "insane" relate to Star Difficulty?
2.51 - 3.50
I think.
might start at 2.50 but i dont see why because Expert starts at 3.51.
lLakul
I'm at 2500~ plays right now and I can do like 10 insane maps most, with B, like 1 with A and the rest C. From someone who is a lot better than me, is that good?
YamiHikari
Depends, insanes can be like 3-5 stars now.
I started playing insanes around 4k playcount and up till now (7k playcount) i've been training on more and more 4 stars. Would say that now at 7k(or nearly) playcount I can pass whatever insanes as long as they don't have death streams. ?
FreshMint
took me 6 months on/off osu! for me to start *consistently* FCing insanes.(Around 12k playcount i think)
Athrun
Well, I'm getting better at insane songs, yet I still can't FC some of them since i have a crappy mouse which twitches if i don't place it properly.. I usually play hard songs with DT so yeah...
I Give Up
In the first month I could barely even fc hards. After I got new mouse I passed insane song within a few days. $pay2win
Frc
Lol, that means I probably suck, because i couldn´t face my first insanes until 2 months of playing.
B1rd
almost a year and still can't FC insanes for shit.
Kishidle
Started FCing insanes at 3-4k.
This was with Aero enabled, now that I actually turned it off now I can't FC anything ;w;
Nakano Itsuki
I can pretty much FC Insanes within a month or two... however since I didn't bother with Bootcamp I got lag spikes that broke my combos... ;_;

But I only passed Insanes only after I bought a tablet. Perhaps I wasn't built for mouse play after all. :P
lovehina99

Kyle McShade wrote:

I can pretty much FC Insanes within a month or two... however since I didn't bother with Bootcamp I got lag spikes that broke my combos... ;_;

But I only passed Insanes only after I bought a tablet. Perhaps I wasn't built for mouse play after all. :P
Nah its possible to do insanes with mouse. hell, im mouse only and i do insanes
chainpullz
I've been playing strictly DT/HR for the last 5k (starting around 13k) plays and can't read ar9 well anymore but I can read AR8DT well and can read AR10 well (aside from minor issues with stacks and hidden notes) and can barely read AR8.5DT. AR10.3 is completely unreadable for me. I can barely follow even the easiest AR10.3 maps if I mash through them with shitty accuracy assuming I can even keep up with the bpm.
AnegelSeeker
just a quick update, ive been playing osu on and off for 3 months now and have developed my own style to hold the pen and click, ive reached 7k... well about 8k plays counting friends account, and now im able to complete current 6 -7 star songs, not fc but that will come with more practice if i ever take this game seriously again :o . for now ill have fun listening to music and challenging my skill as i have done before :)
chainpullz

AnegelSeeker wrote:

just a quick update, ive been playing osu on and off for 3 months now and have developed my own style to hold the pen and click, ive reached 7k... well about 8k plays counting friends account, and now im able to complete current 6 -7 star songs, not fc but that will come with more practice if i ever take this game seriously again :o . for now ill have fun listening to music and challenging my skill as i have done before :)
Flyingkebab, is that you?
ditzix
Took me 6 weeks to pass my first Insane song (it was a 3 star insane song...).

After almost 2 months, since I began, I am pretty good at anything between 3 and 4 stars, but i still have a looooong way to go. :?

I think it was a mistake using alternating, as i find myself more and more confused with harder insane songs, and tricky tempos.
RivenDaddy
Will i just started to practice the song ever day so about a week I could get an s on a song :D
nrl
good job
manolito_old
i completed insane(4star) songs around 2.4k plays and can complete 5star maps at 2800. Only recently got best setup.
Had no mechanical keyboard for atleast 500 plays, got a tablet at 2k plays and skin at 2.5k. If i compare to others i feel like i'm not doing bad at all.
Although i got no talent for rythm i seem to do good, i never get 90% or more on insane songs but i do complete them with decent combo's.
pandaBee

manolito wrote:

i completed insane(4star) songs around 2.4k plays and can complete 5star maps at 2800.
Impressive.
Astrofiziks
dude nice necro
Yuudachi-kun

manolito wrote:

i completed insane(4star) songs around 2.4k plays and can complete 5star maps at 2800. Only recently got best setup.
Had no mechanical keyboard for atleast 500 plays, got a tablet at 2k plays and skin at 2.5k. If i compare to others i feel like i'm not doing bad at all.
Although i got no talent for rythm i seem to do good, i never get 90% or more on insane songs but i do complete them with decent combo's.
Performance: 541pp (#155,244) #866
ZenithPhantasm

Astrofiziks wrote:

dude nice necro
7ambda
Drum Drum will soon be upon this.
ZenithPhantasm
We need drunk drunk
pandaBee
I passed my first first insane song sometime in the first week or two. It's really not that hard to pass a map.